Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hat Trick And Pecking Order
(09-15-2020, 06:59 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Hey V. How's it hangin? I just posted on the DawgTalkers Smack Shack and told them you should be reinstated. 

Doing great mickey how's you?  Are there anyone still posting there? Hilarious
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
F'ing Joe Burrow looks pretty damn good. Don't F-it up and Bengalize him and you're set at QB for the next 15 years. Faker Gayfield is now easily the worst QB in the division.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:12 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: F'ing Joe Burrow looks pretty damn good. Don't F-it up and Bengalize him and you're set at QB for the next 15 years. Faker Gayfield is now easily the worst QB in the division.

Can't imagine how good he'll look when he's aged 30 years over the next 14 weeks.

Once again the Bengals get something nice and do absolutely **** all to keep it that way.

I ***** hate this team...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:43 AM)Vambo Wrote: Doing great mickey how's you?  Are there anyone still posting there? Hilarious

I'm good V. Their smack shack is deader than this one. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 12:40 AM)BengalRed Wrote: I'm good V. Their smack shack is deader than this one. 

They never got the idea that like you and I we can be civil talk football and talk some smack without going to extremes.  It's just for fun taking so serious is nuts! Wink 

Hopefully things pick up so we can all enjoy some good banter.   ThumbsUp
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Steelers' fans what's up with the offense? Looks like Rudolph and Duck are still QBing. Yinz got more than one deep passing play in the playbook?

My Ravens haven't even played their A game and we're still blowing teams out. I'm feeling unusually confident about this KC game after they struggled with the Chargers. We have something to prove.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 10:10 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Steelers' fans what's up with the offense? Looks like Rudolph and Duck are still QBing. Yinz got more than one deep passing play in the playbook?

My Ravens haven't even played their A game and we're still blowing teams out. I'm feeling unusually confident about this KC game after they struggled with the Chargers. We have something to prove.

we lost by less than a score in the last two in KC. I think we take this one in Baltimore by 8. 

Concerned with the secondary a bit, but the offense keeps adapting. Lamar is stepping up as a passer as they try to shut down the run or his tight ends. 

First QB in history with 45 TDs and less than 10 int after their first 600 attempts. 154 QB rating on 3rd downs. Great completion rating. He's getting smarter about when he chooses to throw. More efficient. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 10:10 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Steelers' fans what's up with the offense? Looks like Rudolph and Duck are still QBing. Yinz got more than one deep passing play in the playbook?

Come on now. It's miles better than Rudolph and Duck but it's still sputtery and discombobulated at times. 

IDK what to think. They're not running the ball nearly enough. In 4th Q yesterday Gannon remarked that their running game wasn't working. Bullshit. They weren't even TRYING to run the ball. I don't know if Ben is calling the plays, or if Ben audible-ing and changing the plays, or if Bens presence and influence are causing them to be pass happy, but whatever the case they just don't run enough. They do try early on but I get the sense that if they aren't dominating and breaking big runs early on, they get away from it and as such aren't controlling the flow of the game like you should.....especially when they've got a several score lead.  

It's frustrating as hell to be in control and have a big lead to start the second half, only to have the offense stall and string together 2 or 3 short drives, and let the other team right back in it. It happens way too often. 

Im not getting too upset yet because there was zero preseason and the Steelers typically start slow anyway, so 2-0 at this point really is nice. Hopefully they can start to their shit together because they're going to need it if they want to make a playoff run. Otherwise it's another one and done. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 04:07 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: IDK what to think. They're not running the ball nearly enough. In 4th Q yesterday Gannon remarked that their running game wasn't working. Bullshit. They weren't even TRYING to run the ball. I don't know if Ben is calling the plays, or if Ben audible-ing and changing the plays, or if Bens presence and influence are causing them to be pass happy, but whatever the case they just don't run enough. They do try early on but I get the sense that if they aren't dominating and breaking big runs early on, they get away from it and as such aren't controlling the flow of the game like you should.....especially when they've got a several score lead.  

I don't get to see all your games but I watch closely and it seems like it's been that way for years. At some point Tomlin should step in. Looks like they're in love with pick and rub routes. I mentioned this somewhere but with an older Oline and a great defense, you'd think they'd want to establish the run and let the Oline attack. Doesn't make sense to me. Steelers will make the playoffs but like you said they have to expand their offense or it will catch up to them.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 04:07 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: It's frustrating as hell to be in control and have a big lead to start the second half, only to have the offense stall and string together 2 or 3 short drives, and let the other team right back in it. It happens way too often. 

Welcome to a Bengals fan's life when Marvin Lewis was HC.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Three AFCN teams will win this weekend and the Bengals isn't one of them. Any naysayers? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Btw, why is the Smack Talk section a ghost town? Is it because we all know who the division champs will be?
Reply/Quote
What a glorious day of football! The Bengals were absolutely destroyed. Burrows spent more time on his back than on his feet. I smell another sweep. Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Only two AFCN teams will win this weekend and they aren't the Browns or Bengals. Any naysayers? Yeah, I didn't think so.

On a positive note, only the Bengals have negative net points (-24). Everyone else seems to know how to score more points than their opponents, even though the Browns are a meager +7, thanks in large part to the 38-6 spanking the Ravens put on them. To the Browns credit, though, at least they were able to get into the endzone on the Ravens. The Bengals barely got a field goal in garbage time to avoid a goose egg. Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
You just know the Bengal fans thought they had the game in the bag at the end of the first quarter, but then reality swung by the stadium to say...

Hilarious LMAO Hilarious

Don't you Brown fans talk any smack this week. That was another division beatdown for your team. 38-7? C'mon, man!
Reply/Quote
Yo, Bengals fans. Your team was just swept by the Browns and are 1-5. How does that make you feel? Like chumps maybe?

Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO Hilarious

On another note, the Steelers are looking like the real deal.
Reply/Quote
I don't post here much anymore but I do read the smack talk and I was looking forward to Poe coming in this week to share his thoughts.  Hope he's ok.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't post here much anymore but I do read the smack talk and I was looking forward to Poe coming in this week to share his thoughts.  Hope he's ok.  Mellow

Strangely enough, we haven’t seen him this week.  
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 02:40 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Strangely enough, we haven’t seen him this week.  

Odd.   Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:44 PM)GMDino Wrote:  Hope he's ok.  Mellow

Well, at least one person cares about him. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If Poe won't represent I will!

Disclaimer, I'm a discusser more than a smack thread guy but it's only right I stand up for my Ravens. We beat two teams on Sunday, the Steelers and ourselves. Now that's a talented team. See yinz on Thanksgiving!
Reply/Quote