Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hat question
So I was looking for a new Bengals and Reds cap and couldn't figure out the difference in what a 59Fifty or 39Thirty or 9 Twenty means. I just know I don't want to make the same mistake I made awhile back. I bought a hat and when I got it I was disappointed. Where the button on top is, made the hat look pointy. Exchanged and that one came and sat way high on my melon, made me look like I had giant head. I prefer the low slouch one but didn't see any descriptions that pointed that out. No flat bill for me either.
Reply/Quote
https://lidzcaps.com/pages/sizing

The 59FIFTY requires 22 steps to make it perfect. Finishing touches like the taping, labelling and the symbolic NEW ERA flag on the left-wear side makes this the authentic, premium cap of choice. Select the size just for you, with a flat visor, that has the ability to curve.

The 39THIRTY is a casual cap with a stretch fit. It's a structured cap, with a pre-curved visor. The 39THIRTY has a contoured crown and six panels. Select the size just for you, rather than being adjustable, The difference between a 39THIRTY and a 59FIFTY is the pre-curved visor at the front.

The 9FIFTY is a classic, adjustable throwback cap. It's a structured cap with a flat visor, that has the ability to curve. The 9FIFTY has a full crown and 6 panels. The back panels are opened up to allow for an adjustable plastic strap (a Snapback). There is also a strapback variation which varies between different clasps, buckles and velcro.

The 9FIFTY A-Frame is a structured cap, with a square flat visor that has the ability to curve, it also has a full crown and 5 panels. There is one panel on the front instead of two, giving it a more square look.
Reply/Quote
The 9 fifties are low profile adjustable they are they kind you can fold and put in your back pocket which is what I think you prefer. The 39 thirties are medium profile with the 2 thicker front panels that make the hat sit a little higher. I prefer to buy those in a store to get the size just right.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I personally like the '47 Franchise hats. Also available in a wide variety of "throwback" schemes.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 04:48 PM)Synric Wrote: The 9 fifties are low profile adjustable they are they kind you can fold and put in your back pocket which is what I think you prefer. The 39 thirties are medium profile with the 2 thicker front panels that make the hat sit a little higher. I prefer to buy those in a store to get the size just right.

Thanks!
Reply/Quote
3930s are and fitted (FlexFit) and much... slimmer (?) profile and they do not sit as well on my (quite large) head.

5950s are fitted and don't flex; you need to get your size.

These are always the best construction and hats that I have ever owned (have a bunch of Jays hats and I mean A BUNCH).

I only wear fitted caps; adjustables suck hard and I have no idea why people love snapbacks so much; they're hideous, cheaply made (well, the back anyways), are the same price as fitted caps and WTF would anyone want to own a cap that you can't wear backwards?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 01:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So I was looking for a new Bengals and Reds cap and couldn't figure out the difference in what a 59Fifty or 39Thirty or 9 Twenty means. I just know I don't want to make the same mistake I made awhile back. I bought a hat and when I got it I was disappointed. Where the button on top is, made the hat look pointy. Exchanged and that one came and sat way high on my melon, made me look like I had giant head. I prefer the low slouch one but didn't see any descriptions that pointed that out. No flat bill for me either.

What?  You mean you're not a fan of the Elmer Fudd looking caps?   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 05:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 3930s are and fitted (FlexFit) and much... slimmer (?) profile and they do not sit as well on my (quite large) head.

These are always the best construction and hats that I have ever owned (have a bunch of Jays hats and I mean A BUNCH).

I only wear fitted caps; adjustables suck hard and I have no idea why people love snapbacks so much; they're hideous, cheaply made (well, the back anyways), are the same price as fitted caps and WTF would anyone want to own a cap that you can't wear backwards?

Everyone has different styles. You would never catch me with my hat backwards... ever.

I like to have a few snap backs for when I'm working in the sun. It allows me to tie a bandana into a headband and I can adjust so the cap fits over it. Perfect for those 90 degrees high humidity hay bailing days.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
personally stick with skull caps. Cause I got one of them oversized cranium
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 05:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 3930s are and fitted (FlexFit) and much... slimmer (?) profile and they do not sit as well on my (quite large) head.

Sorry Truck, we can't be friends...... Wearing your hat backwards, revokes your man card!! Lol   Seriously, your still young but once you hit 40, no backward hats or flat bills.....
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 05:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What?  You mean you're not a fan of the Elmer Fudd looking caps?   Ninja

Only when I go duck hunting!!
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 06:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Only when I go duck hunting!!

What about when it's wabbit season?

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 06:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Everyone has different styles. You would never catch me with my hat backwards... ever.

I like to have a few snap backs for when I'm working in the sun. It allows me to tie a bandana into a headband and I can adjust so the cap fits over it. Perfect for those 90 degrees high humidity hay bailing days.

Lol as Sandwedge said below LOL

I only wear my hat properly if its super sunny or I'm out fishing (which is often).

Otherwise, hat backwards all day, everyday, because...

(04-10-2019, 06:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Sorry Truck, we can't be friends...... Wearing your hat backwards, revokes your man card!! Lol   Seriously, your still young but once you hit 40, no backward hats or flat bills.....

... I am a massive, MASSIVE Limp Bizkit fan and, well, you know the whole red cap thing? Yeah... LOL

But it'll never be a Yankees hat!

I'll post pics later!

EDIT*: Here are the pics:

Won't let me do more than 3, but yeah; those are all Limp Bizkit hats as well lol and as you can see, I wear a lot of LB memorabilia Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If it says Iowa Hawkeyes or has the Tiger hawk logo anywhere on it, you will have all the men envious and the women fighting for your attention. You’ll have to beat them back with a stick. But you’ll get used to it. Guaranteed.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 05:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I only wear fitted caps; adjustables suck hard and I have no idea why people love snapbacks so much; they're hideous, cheaply made (well, the back anyways), are the same price as fitted caps and WTF would anyone want to own a cap that you can't wear backwards?

While I don't wear a backwards cap unless I need the visor out of the way for some reason, I feel the same way about caps. However, I do have a couple of snapbacks because they are the JMU Bass Fishing caps I wear. I do have the snapback part taped together, though, because it is terrible. Otherwise, fitted or flexfit all day long.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
The best thing that ever happened to mesh hats was when they started making fitted or flex fit versions of them.  Great for the summer and no snap back.....although I like the snaps better than those stupid leather strap/buckle deals....and the velcro. Ugh.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 08:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lol as Sandwedge said below LOL

I only wear my hat properly if its super sunny or I'm out fishing (which is often).

... I am a massive, MASSIVE Limp Bizkit fan and, well, you know the whole red cap thing? Yeah... LOL

I'll post pics later!

Won't let me do more than 3, but yeah; those are all Limp Bizkit hats as well lol and as you can see, I wear a lot of LB memorabilia Wink
Yeah, but with a fitted hat, you can't wear your man bun.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 08:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lol as Sandwedge said below LOL

I'll post pics later!

Putting a face to a name is weird.  Mellow  Maybe it was you having Willie Anderson as your sig for all those years but that's how I pictured you.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
I wear my hat backwards when I ride the Motorcycle. Outside of that I'm not a Chris-Cross fan

[Image: article-2263127-16F73FEA000005DC-186_634x822.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote