Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hate to admit but gotta respect the patriots
What a bunch of cool customers. Potentially losing a top 5 free agent corner? No problem. Potentially losing, or facing paying Malcolm butler next year? No problem. They sign a top 5 CB this year. Discuss trading butler for brandin cooks. In position to draft a good CB in the first round this year.

This all before they rape Cleveland in a garappolo trade.

Bengals sign two of their own average free agents and feel good about themselves.

Any kind of creative thought or out of the box thinking escapes this organization.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah...reality is that the Patriots use free agent extensively.

Lose Ryan...sign Gilmore to a HUGE contract.
Reply/Quote
I have to say, everything they do feels so organized and calculated.

Can't say I feel that way about the Bengals at all. They walk around the combine telling teams that Whit was a lock to come back. Obviously trying to drive away interest. They seemed to have all their eggs in that basket, and when he signed elsewhere, we'd already missed out on the other FA tackles that were available.

Either they were caught with their pants down or Ogbuehi was their backup plan all along. Either is unacceptable. If Ogbuehi was the real deal, they wouldn't have even attempted to bring back Whit in the first place. Now they're trying to sell the fans on Ogbuehi? C'mon...
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I've said it plenty and I'll say it again, they are THE model franchise in all of sports. Just the way it is. The know exactly what they need and go out and get those pieces in the most efficient way possible. The Dwayne Allen trade a couple days ago was a great example. Let go of Bennet, give up a 4th rd. pick for a talented TE that is essentially in the same situation Martuellus was in a year ago, plug him as the #2 TE and the machine won't skip a beat.

God help me if I ever meet a Pats fan in person that complains about anything they do in terms of roster management.
Reply/Quote
Hate them all you want, they know what they are doing and they WIN.

Coaches leave, players leave, doesn't matter. They have Brady, Bellicheck (spelling) and an owner who wants to win in Robert Craft.

They are 2nd to none.

The Bengals are a mom and pop shop compared to a multi million dollar chain. It's pathetic
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:10 AM)JumboTron Wrote: I've said it plenty and I'll say it again, they are THE model franchise in all of sports.  Just the way it is.  The know exactly what they need and go out and get those pieces in the most efficient way possible.  The Dwayne Allen trade a couple days ago was a great example.  Let go of Bennet, give up a 4th rd. pick for a talented TE that is essentially in the same situation Martuellus was in a year ago, plug him as the #2 TE and the machine won't skip a beat.

God help me if I ever meet a Pats fan in person that complains about anything they do in terms of roster management.

I live in Maine now and these fans are so spoiled.  I hate em'. 
I tell them I'm a Bengals fan and they are like "well that's cute , you don't suck as bad as you used to". It sucks.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:37 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: I live in Maine now and these fans are so spoiled.  I hate em'. 
I tell them I'm a Bengals fan and they are like "well that's cute , you don't suck as bad as you used to". It sucks.

My condolences. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:37 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: I live in Maine now and these fans are so spoiled.  I hate em'. 

I can so relate to this.
Reply/Quote
Why do you hate to admit it? It's just a fact. The Bengals are shit, really.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:42 AM)JumboTron Wrote: My condolences. 

(03-10-2017, 12:52 AM)MaineBengal Wrote: I can so relate to this.

Thank you for sharing the Pain!!!
Reply/Quote