Neither, spend the money elsewhere.
0%
0 0%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hate to sound like Mike Brown
But there are a couple players who we need to focus on re-signing. Particularly Billings and Tupou. They've broke out this year and play a position you'd think we wouldn't need two of.

I want them to spend some money on some outside FA's, but I do hope they re-sign one of the two if not both. If it boiled down to one or the other, who gets the extension?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I honestly think that they sign both. However, if they choose one over the other? Might have to go with Billings, as he's showed steady improvement every year. Tupau has shown good progression as well, so I would hate to see him leave.

The thing is, I'm not sure that either are the guy to play every snap for an entire season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like both, and would re-sign both if it was up to me, but if we have to choose only one of them I’d go with Billings.

Reply/Quote
The Dline coach can stick around.

Reply/Quote
Tupuo is a restricted free agent and Billings shouldn't be that expensive. If they don't keep both then there dumb. I expect them to lose Billings though and cry comp pick in free agency.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 10:10 PM)J24 Wrote: Tupuo is a restricted free agent and Billings shouldn't be that expensive. If they don't keep both then there dumb. I expect them to lose Billings though and cry comp pick in free agency.

Sorry man, great message, but I couldn't help noticing the oxymoron in that sentence..   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Billings, Tupou, Brandon Wilson, Dennard...maybe Vigil. We have some guys worth keeping.
Reply/Quote
I hate to sound like Mike Brown, but this Christmas when friends and family stop by I'm going to inform them that I know damn well they all make more than enough money to buy and bring their own condiments with them.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 10:10 PM)J24 Wrote: Tupuo is a restricted free agent and Billings shouldn't be that expensive. If they don't keep both then there dumb. I expect them to lose Billings though and cry comp pick in free agency.

Could someone please telex Mike Brown a list of the Bengals who were drafted with comp picks?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 12:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Billings, Tupou, Brandon Wilson, Dennard...maybe Vigil. We have some guys worth keeping.

Don't forget possible extensions for guys like Joe Mixon, William Jackson III, Carl Lawson, Shawn Williams, Kevin Huber, Randy Bullock, Clark Harris...

All that 65 million Cap money can start shrinking really fast.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:27 AM)Synric Wrote: Don't forget possible extensions for guys like Joe Mixon, William Jackson III, Carl Lawson, Shawn Williams, Kevin Huber, Randy Bullock, Clark Harris...

Indeed.

Which is why you have to continuously draft well as rookie contracts are smaller.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:27 AM)Synric Wrote: Don't forget possible extensions for guys like Joe Mixon, William Jackson III, Carl Lawson, Shawn Williams, Kevin Huber, Randy Bullock, Clark Harris...

Not even adding in AJ if retained
Reply/Quote

What are people’s feelings on re-signing WJ3? He’s been such a disappointment after looking like a stud (albeit in limited snaps) his rookie season.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What are people’s feelings on re-signing WJ3? He’s been such a disappointment after looking like a stud (albeit in limited snaps) his rookie season.

Same. He's regressed. I tend to blame coaching more than him...but who knows?

Really which one of our CB's doesn't underperform? Maybe Dennard as a Nickle CB.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 10:27 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Could someone please telex Mike Brown a list of the Bengals who were drafted with comp picks? 

Auden Tate, Darius Phillips, Andrew Brown, Ryan Glasgow, Marvin Jones, George Iloka etc

(12-17-2019, 11:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What are people’s feelings on re-signing WJ3? He’s been such a disappointment after looking like a stud (albeit in limited snaps) his rookie season.

Even if he hasn't quite lived up to hopes he'd be hard to replace let alone upgrade - especially if we're moving on from Kirkpatrick. On that basis I think you need to try and extend him.
Reply/Quote

This pretty much is why there will be no outside FA's signed this offseason.

Hard to argue for keeping a team that has been headed in the wrong direction the last 4 years together, but it's likely what will happen this offseason.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 09:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: But there are a couple players who we need to focus on re-signing. Particularly Billings and Tupou. They've broke out this year and play a position you'd think we wouldn't need two of.

I want them to spend some money on some outside FA's, but I do hope they re-sign one of the two if not both. If it boiled down to one or the other, who gets the extension?

The only outside free agents Mike Brown will consider are dumpster dwellers from another bad team and he'll over pay for them.

Reply/Quote

More than just a mere oxymoron when you look up the word dumb in the dictionary you see a picture of the Brown family.. Well, you should anyway..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 03:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: This pretty much is why there will be no outside FA's signed this offseason.

Hard to argue for keeping a team that has been headed in the wrong direction the last 4 years together, but it's likely what will happen this offseason.

Oh c'mon.. When have the bengals EVER gone in the wrong direction? Their direction has always been downward. It's only wrong if they're trending upward. OK, they've trended upwards a few times, but there are more massive, extinct dinosaurs roaming the earth than times they've trended upwards. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
They've both earned a new deal but I doubt both are re-signed. I think that since they both have been about the same level in terms of quality, they'll go with the cheaper option. Or maybe they treat it like they did MJ and Dunlap about 5 years ago. Like here's the deal, first one to take it gets it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote