Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haunted Ghost Tours/Houses
Has anyone ever been to an "actual" haunted house/ghost tour before? By actual I mean not a kiddy haunted house, but a place where they supposedly have paranormal activity?

I am wanting to take my wife on one of the tours/over nights. She mentioned something about one having a dinner and then a tour. Anyone have a recommendation in the Cincy area?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 03:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Has anyone ever been to an "actual" haunted house/ghost tour before? By actual I mean not a kiddy haunted house, but a place where they supposedly have paranormal activity?

I am wanting to take my wife on one of the tours/over nights. She mentioned something about one having a dinner and then a tour. Anyone have a recommendation in the Cincy area?

I think they do something in Newport that a lot of people go to.  It might even tie into the mafia history there.

Another one of course is Bobby Mackey's.  Has to be the most famous haunted place in this area, and one of the most famous in the country as well. I think they do ghost type tours year round.

Personally, I probably wouldn't mess with Bobby Mackey's though.  I know a lot of people go down to check out the bar and it's a big attraction given it's history.  I'm sure it's fine and no big deal, but I still would be reluctant to mess with it.  I used to watch a ton of those stupid paranormal shows, even though I know better.  I don't want to say I believe in a lot of that stuff, but even if there's a small, small chance any of that story is true then it's a chance I don't want to take.  I'd be the poor schlep that would have a demon follow me home or something.  Screw that. Nervous
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping to do a paranormal tour of the Shanghai Tunnels here in Portland at some point.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I did a touristy one in downtown Boston a few years ago. I also checked one out on Dayton St. in Hamilton.

I don't believe in it in any way, but it's still a fun time.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I did one in NOLA last year that I enjoyed. I learned a lot of the history of the area that way.

In the spring I learned they do one in Colonial Williamsburg that I was hoping to do over the summer, alas I haven't been able to do it yet.
Reply/Quote
http://www.therealwaverlyhills.com/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 04:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm hoping to do a paranormal tour of the Shanghai Tunnels here in Portland at some point.
Those tunnels are creepy in and of themselves... Even without paranormal activity... I had no idea they existed until a couple friends of mine moved out there in 98 or so... Spooky man.

It does sound like a good time though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I've visited the Villisca Axe Murder house here in Iowa before.  It was creepy.  Nothing was out of the ordinary except for a real cold spot in the downstairs bedroom.  For those that don't know about the history of the place. Check out their website.  It made national news for a little while back then.  The only story that took it off the front page news was the sinking of the Titanic.  Its still unknown who the murderer was to this day. 

http://www.villiscaiowa.com/
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I stayed the night in an abandoned mental institution that was a part of the eugenics movement and carried out forced sterilizations and lobotomized "undesirables." It's off limits and boarded up, but we managed to get in and since we know the cops in the area we didn't get any trouble.

I will never do that again.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I did one with my girl and her friends one night in the distillery district here in Toronto.

I had a flask of Elijah Craig so it was tolerable.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 09:08 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I've visited the Villisca Axe Murder house here in Iowa before.  It was creepy.  Nothing was out of the ordinary except for a real cold spot in the downstairs bedroom.  For those that don't know about the history of the place. Check out their website.  It made national news for a little while back then.  The only story that took it off the front page news was the sinking of the Titanic.  Its still unknown who the murderer was to this day. 

http://www.villiscaiowa.com/

I think I just watched something about this not too long ago.  Is this the one where they think the killer was just hiding up in the attic waiting for everyone to go to sleep? 
Reply/Quote
I did a private overnight 'investigation' at Waverly Hills last year. There were 10 of us total, but place is so big that most of the time felt like our little group was by itself. Ended up walking around a couple of hours by myself, and sat in the chapel room from 3-4 am alone. Cant wait to go back.

Also made a thread on it last year. http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-night-at-Waverly-Hills?highlight=waverly

Fyi, pretty sure the real haunted tours are over for the year. But they do run a fake haunted house on the lowest floor. At first I thought that was tacky, but then I realized just how big that place is and the money needed to keep it standing.

For closer to Cincy, Bobby Mackeys is pretty famous in NKY, but I wont do that one myself. There is also Sedamsville Rectory that does haunted tours I believe. Ghost Adventures did shows at both places too.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 11:27 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I did a private overnight 'investigation' at Waverly Hills last year. There were 10 of us total, but place is so big that most of the time felt like our little group was by itself. Ended up walking around a couple of hours by myself, and sat in the chapel room from 3-4 am alone. Cant wait to go back.

Also made a thread on it last year. http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-night-at-Waverly-Hills?highlight=waverly

Fyi, pretty sure the real haunted tours are over for the year. But they do run a fake haunted house on the lowest floor. At first I thought that was tacky, but then I realized just how big that place is and the money needed to keep it standing.

For closer to Cincy, Bobby Mackeys is pretty famous in NKY, but I wont do that one myself. There is also Sedamsville Rectory that does haunted tours I believe. Ghost Adventures did shows at both places too.

I remember that thread now.  Have you been back or done any others since?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 01:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I remember that thread now.  Have you been back or done any others since?

No not yet. Its hard to coordinate with enough people to go to the places I want to go to. Thankfully most arent as expensive as Waverly was ($1000 for overnight, and we had 10 people). But I am in the early planning stages on going to Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in West Virginina for an overnight next summer. That place looks nuts. http://trans-alleghenylunaticasylum.com/
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I don't believe in ghosts or paranormal type stuff. If things like that existed, I think as old as I am I would have experienced something by now. I think humans just like to be scared. And rest assured, I've been to some places that would warrant "ghostly" activity, but........nothing.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 10:17 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think I just watched something about this not too long ago.  Is this the one where they think the killer was just hiding up in the attic waiting for everyone to go to sleep? 

Yes, that's the one. The family just came home from a church service and their daughters had two sleep over friends that night.  Those two friends of the family were killed in the downstairs bedroom. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. All the other kids (4 total?) were in the one of the upstairs bedrooms and the parents were in the other.  There was a little privy in between the two bedrooms and off of that is the door to the attic.   
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 03:08 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Yes, that's the one. The family just came home from a church service and their daughters had two sleep over friends that night.  Those two friends of the family were killed in the downstairs bedroom. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. All the other kids (4 total?) were in the one of the upstairs bedrooms and the parents were in the other.  There was a little privy in between the two bedrooms and off of that is the door to the attic.   

Did you guys go into the attic?  I think I remember on the show I saw that they either went up there, or attempted to, and then they quickly noped right the hell on outta there.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 03:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Did you guys go into the attic?  I think I remember on the show I saw that they either went up there, or attempted to, and then they quickly noped right the hell on outta there.

Was this Ghost Adventures?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 03:08 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Yes, that's the one. The family just came home from a church service and their daughters had two sleep over friends that night.  Those two friends of the family were killed in the downstairs bedroom. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. All the other kids (4 total?) were in the one of the upstairs bedrooms and the parents were in the other.  There was a little privy in between the two bedrooms and off of that is the door to the attic.   
Just goes to show that you are always at risk of an axe attack in your house. Unless you see the guy coming, or have a good idea what time he plans on attacking, you are pretty much at the mercy of the axe wielding fiend.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 03:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Did you guys go into the attic?  I think I remember on the show I saw that they either went up there, or attempted to, and then they quickly noped right the hell on outta there.

Ya we were in the attic.  I remember opening up the door and waving my flashlight around to see what was all in there.  It was empty except for the far back corner, there was a clown sitting in a rocking chair staring at me.  I quickly backed out and closed the door behind me.  I didn't say anything, but I told my lady friend with me to stick her head in the attic and tell me what she sees.  She did just that and then screamed bloody hell.  I knew then she had found the clown.  LOL!   I'm pretty sure, but not 100% convinced, that the clown was just a life sized doll that the current owners of the house put there to screw with people.  But....theres a small part of me that thinks I should have gone back in the attic just to make sure. 

Reply/Quote