Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haunted Ghost Tours/Houses
(10-06-2016, 10:50 AM)jason Wrote: Just goes to show that you are always at risk of an axe attack in your house. Unless you see the guy coming, or have a good idea what time he plans on attacking, you are pretty much at the mercy of the axe wielding fiend.

How comforting... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 04:30 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Was this Ghost Adventures?

It was actually an older show called Scariest Places on Earth.  I think it's used to be on awhile back on A&E or something.  They did an episode on OU in Athens that someone was telling me about, and I found it on youtube.  The Viscilla ax murders was the second part of that episode I think.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It was actually an older show called Scariest Places on Earth.  I think it's used to be on awhile back on A&E or something.  They did an episode on OU in Athens that someone was telling me about, and I found it on youtube.  The Viscilla ax murders was the second part of that episode I think.

I just watched the episode of ghost hunters where the guy got scratched on the back by a ghost in Bobby Mackeys. Not sure I believe that one... 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 03:08 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Yes, that's the one. The family just came home from a church service and their daughters had two sleep over friends that night.  Those two friends of the family were killed in the downstairs bedroom. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. All the other kids (4 total?) were in the one of the upstairs bedrooms and the parents were in the other.  There was a little privy in between the two bedrooms and off of that is the door to the attic.   

You know, the whole time I was watching it I kept wondering how they all didn't wake up after the first attack.  I think I remember them saying that all of them but one or two of the girls downstairs were asleep.  I gotta figure that an axe attack would make quite a lot of noise.  They said he hit the husband repeatedly.  Wouldn't there be some screaming?  It seems almost impossible to carry out an attack like that, going from room to room, while everyone is asleep.  I mean, the wife was in the same bed as the husband.  You'd think she would have woken up.

Very strange story.  Some of the suspects were all sorts of messed up.  One was drifter who basically admitted to the crime, another guy, who I think was a preacher, had just killed his family the same way a few days prior in another town and then he just shows up.  Weird.  Can't believe they never solved the crime.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I just watched the episode of ghost hunters where the guy got scratched on the back by a ghost in Bobby Mackeys. Not sure I believe that one... 

That was Ghost Adventures, not Ghost Hunters.   Not trying to be "that guy", but of the two shows, Ghost Hunters seems to me to be the more "real" of the shows.  The lead guy on Ghost Adventures, Zak Bagans, just seems to full of himself.  he comes across as petty and arrogant.  All they try to do is get the most ratings possible.  While Ghost Hunters started their careers off as plumbers, they try to find normal every day kind of answers to all the creepy sights and sounds, ie. heat ducts, plumbing etc.  I would much rather go on a ghost hunt with them than the GA crew. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I just watched the episode of ghost hunters where the guy got scratched on the back by a ghost in Bobby Mackeys. Not sure I believe that one... 

I don't know if you'd be interesting in reading it, but there's a book called Bobby Mackey's: A Gatewell to Hell that is an interesting read.  A buddy of mine let me borrow in college.  I want to say it's only about 300 pages.  It goes into a lot of detail of what was happening when he first bought the place.  And I think there was an employee/caretaker that supposedly got the worst of it.

I'm about 90% sure that most of it is bs.  But that 10% chance absolutely terrifies me.  The legends that surround that property are all sorts of spooky.  Just the one story alone, about the woman Pearl who was murdered by her fiance, and they never found her head, is enough to make it a great story.  Then you get into all of the other stuff.  Whoa.
Reply/Quote
Here's the Pearl Bryan murder story for anyone that is not familiar with it. I just think it's and interesting case to read for locals. (There's a bunch of stuff out there that goes into more detail about the case and the area) I want to say that the men convicted of it were maybe the last two public executions in this area. It's been awhile since I've read up on it, but I think they were hung right downtown. There's a bunch of old Enquirier articles that you can still pull up to this day. Pretty neat to go back and look at.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Pearl_Bryan
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You know, the whole time I was watching it I kept wondering how they all didn't wake up after the first attack.  I think I remember them saying that all of them but one or two of the girls downstairs were asleep.  I gotta figure that an axe attack would make quite a lot of noise.  They said he hit the husband repeatedly.  Wouldn't there be some screaming?  It seems almost impossible to carry out an attack like that, going from room to room, while everyone is asleep.  I mean, the wife was in the same bed as the husband.  You'd think she would have woken up.

Very strange story.  Some of the suspects were all sorts of messed up.  One was drifter who basically admitted to the crime, another guy, who I think was a preacher, had just killed his family the same way a few days prior in another town and then he just shows up.  Weird.  Can't believe they never solved the crime.

That's some of the questions I have as well.  IF the girls were awake downstairs while all that is going on upstairs, why didn't they run out of the house?  What about all the kids upstairs?  Ya, the husband was the only one hit repeatedly, all the others were hit just once.  And only the husband was hit with the sharp end of the axe. I honestly think there were more than one person responsible.  All the mirrors were covered up with blankets and there was a pound of bacon found at the foot of all the beds. Weird stuff. 
The reason why they couldn't solve the crime was because once everyone in town knew about the murders the next morning, they all came over to the house and started tramping thru it.  The cops back then didn't control who went in or out of the house.  Everybody went in.  Forensics wasn't around then so they didn't know about finger printing.   The closest tracking dog was way out somewhere in Nebraska.  It took them two days to bring it to town.  By then, the perpetrator(s) could have been half way across the country.    

[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: That was Ghost Adventures, not Ghost Hunters.   Not trying to be "that guy", but of the two shows, Ghost Hunters seems to me to be the more "real" of the shows.  The lead guy on Ghost Adventures, Zak Bagans, just seems to full of himself.  he comes across as petty and arrogant.  All they try to do is get the most ratings possible.  While Ghost Hunters started their careers off as plumbers, they try to find normal every day kind of answers to all the creepy sights and sounds, ie. heat ducts, plumbing etc.  I would much rather go on a ghost hunt with them than the GA crew. 

Yep, that Zak guy seems like quite the hardo. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I don't know if you'd be interesting in reading it, but there's a book called Bobby Mackey's: A Gatewell to Hell that is an interesting read.  A buddy of mine let me borrow in college.  I want to say it's only about 300 pages.  It goes into a lot of detail of what was happening when he first bought the place.  And I think there was an employee/caretaker that supposedly got the worst of it.

I'm about 90% sure that most of it is bs.  But that 10% chance absolutely terrifies me.  The legends that surround that property are all sorts of spooky.  Just the one story alone, about the woman Pearl who was murdered by her fiance, and they never found her head, is enough to make it a great story.  Then you get into all of the other stuff.  Whoa.

There is a fellow they interviewed on the ghost adventures show who use to live in an apartment above bobby mackeys. Apparently he became possessed and they actually had to have an exorcism to release him from the demon's grasp. While they were doing the exorcism, one of the walls in bobby mackets caught on fire. 

Crazy shit. 
Reply/Quote
I do actually have a couple stories from my time working at Coney Island. I worked there for about 6 years when I was in high school and college. None of these are first hand experiences though, but I did actually know a few people quite well, who swear by what they saw.

So supposedly Moonlight Gardens is haunted. I was pretty good (work)friends with the guy who ran it when I was there. Apparently he used to have all types of weird things happen. Fwiw, usually after an event it would be him and a couple people closing everything down until well into the morning (say 1, 2am). A lot of it was just your typical stuff falling, various noises and bangs, things like that. The one thing that stands out though is that he used to see a man, usually by the balcony, quite a bit. Everyone gone, just him an employee or two, and then he'd see this guy. He even had a name for him. Now, he could have just been making it up, but I never got that vibe. He wouldn't bring it up unless you asked about it, and he never seemed to oversell it or anything. In fact, he just said he was used to it. Whatever he saw never bothered him and he just kind of accepted it being around. If anything, I always got the impression he was more annoyed to tell the story again than he was to share it.

The other big story is that there's supposed to all sorts of weird shit that goes on by the river banks. Supposedly Indian related. Sightings, chants, etc. We did have a security guard that wigged out one night after working late and just never came back to work. And he had worked them for awhile too. Whatever he saw or thought he saw, he noped right on out of the park and never came back.

On the flip side, I worked late all the time. A lot of times I was in both of those areas too. Never saw or heard anything. But the people that did I knew pretty well. It didn't strike me as simply explained as them just making stuff up for shits and giggles.
Reply/Quote
Sedamsville rectory was ok.
The church beside it is better.
Ask them to "forget" to lock it.

I don't know if they do it anymore, but the Iam's homestead in Trotwood was ok.

Zak from Ghost Adventures is a douche.
I haven't met him personally, but I've spoken to enough venue owners/managers to form that opinion.
One year we ended up several places where they had been there the night before.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I've done the haunted tours in San Antonio, Gettysburg, Pittsburgh and New Orleans.

All of them were fascinating because the person leading the tour gave a good history lesson to go with the "sightings".

Maybe we just got really good guides.

There's an old asylum in West Virginia that the wife and I went to.  Once we did a day tour which is more history.  The second time we did a night one that is more about the paranormal things that supposedly happen there.

For all the tours and all the photos I got two weird things.  In Gettysburg I got a bright orb where there was no light and nothing in the photo before or after. (Digital).  While in New Orleans I took a picture of myself in a mirror while waiting for the elevator in our hotel.  I took two pictures actually because the first didn't come out like I wanted.  In the first one there is an orb behind me on the wall.  Same shot for the second one there is nothing there.  I went back and checked but didn't see anything that would have reflected.  But I know orbs are easily dismissed so I just let it go.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote