Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have 7th Pick In The League That Matters
10 team league in the league that matters most because it's not about money, it's with all my friends from childhood, so it's about pride.

I'm picking 7th, which I wanted 10th so I could get Hill and then another pick right away, but I'm thinking that this will be better since Hill probably wouldn't make it to 10th in a league in Greater Cincinnati.

Is that where'd you go?

I'm also considering may Antonio Brown and then hoping a guy like CJ Anderson makes it back around to me in the 2nd, but I think Hill's value is still too good to pass on. I also don' think taking a receiver in the first at 7 is a good idea.

It's WR/TE, so do I take Hill in the 1st and then Gronk in the 2nd? I'm thinking Hill in the first and then Julio Jones in the in 2 because Julio looked unreal in the preseason debut.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 12:23 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: 10 team league in the league that matters most because it's not about money, it's with all my friends from childhood, so it's about pride.

I'm picking 7th, which I wanted 10th so I could get Hill and then another pick right away, but I'm thinking that this will be better since Hill probably wouldn't make it to 10th in a league in Greater Cincinnati.  

Is that where'd you go?  

I'm also considering may Antonio Brown and then hoping a guy like CJ Anderson makes it back around to me in the 2nd, but I think Hill's value is still too good to pass on.  I also don' think taking a receiver in the first at 7 is a good idea.  

It's WR/TE, so do I take Hill in the 1st and then Gronk in the 2nd?  I'm thinking Hill in the first and then Julio Jones in the in 2 because Julio looked unreal in the preseason debut.  

Thoughts?

If it's PPR, I'd consider Antonio Brown at 7th. If not, that's a perfect spot for Hill.

Gronk is usually going in the top 10 picks in all the mocks and real drafts I've been in. So I'd take Hill and the top WR available (possibly DT or Calvin). Just my opinion, but there's like 7-8 awesome fantasy WR's and if you don't snag one in round 2, you'll be left with a pretty big drop off in round 3. Rounds 3-4 have plenty of solid RB2's available.

BTW, not knocking you, but I hate 10 team leagues. Every team looks stacked in the end and the FA pool is loaded with talent.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I was 7th in mine. I took Brown.  Hill was still available the pick before me in the second.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 12:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If it's PPR, I'd consider Antonio Brown at 7th. If not, that's a perfect spot for Hill.

Gronk is usually going in the top 10 picks in all the mocks and real drafts I've been in. So I'd take Hill and the top WR available (possibly DT or Calvin). Just my opinion, but there's like 7-8 awesome fantasy WR's and if you don't snag one in round 2, you'll be left with a pretty big drop off in round 3. Rounds 3-4 have plenty of solid RB2's available.

BTW, not knocking you, but I hate 10 team leagues. Every team looks stacked in the end and the FA pool is loaded with talent.

I love 10 man leagues and I can tell you not every team is stacked in the current league I am in.

I Agree with RB/WR though in some combination. Although I would probably go Brown in 1 and hope that Hill is around early in the 2nd which is right around where he goes. That round 3-4 RB depth is amazing in my opinion, guys like Forsett or Miller that late are fantastic value.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 12:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If it's PPR, I'd consider Antonio Brown at 7th. If not, that's a perfect spot for Hill.

Been in a 10 team league for about 15 years with this same basic group, we've always had 10, and it's been a blast.  

It definitely doesn't seem like every team is loaded and there's usually a few teams each year that end up sucking, but having good teams is what makes it a lot of fun.  Choosing from the best of the best is a lot better than choosing from the best of the scrubs.

I'm leaning towards Brown in the first, but I'm just thinking that I can grab Hill in the first, which I'd get a top 5 back at 7, and then probably grab Julio (who I really like this year), Gronk, Beckham Jr, Calvin, Green, etc., in the second round.
(09-03-2015, 09:57 AM)jason Wrote: I was 7th in mine. I took Brown.  Hill was still available the pick before me in the second.
Was it with Bengals fans, though?  

Greater Cincinnati (directly across the river from Cincinnati and a few friends actually live over there now) and I just don't see him making it back around to me.
(09-03-2015, 01:35 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I love 10 man leagues and I can tell you not every team is stacked in the current league I am in.

I Agree with RB/WR though in some combination. Although I would probably go Brown in 1 and hope that Hill is around early in the 2nd which is right around where he goes. That round 3-4 RB depth is amazing in my opinion, guys like Forsett or Miller that late are fantastic value.

Agree with 10 team leagues and Miller is amazing value that late.

Will Brown's value be that much better than the receivers I listed above?  I mean enough to pass on a pick like Hill?  Dude had nine touchdowns in the second half of the year last year and led the league in yards during that stretch.

I repeat...........

[Image: fRXK2VW.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Gronk pick just got more appealing with the Brady suspension being lifted, and I bet he (Brady) comes out and has a huge year, and Gronk reaps the benefits.

I'm thinking that I definitely go Hill in the first now with Julio or Gronk in two.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 02:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Been in a 10 team league for about 15 years with this same basic group, we've always had 10, and it's been a blast.  

It definitely doesn't seem like every team is loaded and there's usually a few teams each year that end up sucking, but having good teams is what makes it a lot of fun.  Choosing from the best of the best is a lot better than choosing from the best of the scrubs.

I'm leaning towards Brown in the first, but I'm just thinking that I can grab Hill in the first, which I'd get a top 5 back at 7, and then probably grab Julio (who I really like this year), Gronk, Beckham Jr, Calvin, Green, etc., in the second round.
Was it with Bengals fans, though?  

Greater Cincinnati (directly across the river from Cincinnati and a few friends actually live over there now) and I just don't see him making it back around to me.

Agree with 10 team leagues and Miller is amazing value that late.

Will Brown's value be that much better than the receivers I listed above?  I mean enough to pass on a pick like Hill?  Dude had nine touchdowns in the second half of the year last year and led the league in yards during that stretch.

I repeat...........

[Image: fRXK2VW.gif]

That is up for you to decide, you know(I assume) the people you are playing against and who they like. If I was in an all Bengals league maybe you reach for Hill at 7 but if not I think Hill has a solid chance of making it to pick #2. Also do you like Julio Jones over guys like DT or Dez Bryant if they were still around? I was in one of the league boards and he went 11 so even in a league with all Bengals fans he went in the 2nd. Just sayin, but if you are really confident in him being better than Brown or whoever else is on the board in 1 then go for it and stick with your gut feeling.

(09-03-2015, 02:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Gronk pick just got more appealing with the Brady suspension being lifted, and I bet he (Brady) comes out and has a huge year, and Gronk reaps the benefits.

I'm thinking that I definitely go Hill in the first now with Julio or Gronk in two.

Would be a solid first 2 rounds either way you go. 

I traded for Tom Brady early in the year taking the chance he would be cleared so I'm pretty happy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 03:10 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: That is up for you to decide, you know(I assume) the people you are playing against and who they like. If I was in an all Bengals league maybe you reach for Hill at 7 but if not I think Hill has a solid chance of making it to pick #2. Also do you like Julio Jones over guys like DT or Dez Bryant if they were still around? I was in one of the league boards and he went 11 so even in a league with all Bengals fans he went in the 2nd. Just sayin, but if you are really confident in him being better than Brown or whoever else is on the board in 1 then go for it and stick with your gut feeling.

Would be a solid first 2 rounds either way you go. 

I traded for Tom Brady early in the year taking the chance he would be cleared so I'm pretty happy.

I could take DT, but Peyton Manning scares me because he graduated two years ahead of my grandpa.

With JT gone, though, he could have a big year.

Never been a big fan of Dez for some reason.
Reply/Quote
Is it PPR? AB is likely the best receiver in the game this year in a PPR league.

Word of advice, let the other Bengals fans reach for our players, don't do it yourself and you will have a better team.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 02:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Gronk pick just got more appealing with the Brady suspension being lifted, and I bet he (Brady) comes out and has a huge year, and Gronk reaps the benefits.

I have Gronk and Jonas Gray starting wk 1.  Their projected numbers shot up today.  For what it's worth they have Gronk getting me 17 pts.  Jonas Gray getting a little over 13. 
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 04:22 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Is it PPR? AB is likely the best receiver in the game this year in a PPR league.

Word of advice, let the other Bengals fans reach for our players, don't do it yourself and you will have a better team.
Some clown in my league took Gio in the 2nd round....  Wait, it gets better.... Hill was still available.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Took Hill in the first and Julio Jones (who I think will be an absolute BEAST this year) in the second round.
Reply/Quote