Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have Palmer, Do I Pick-up Wentz?
I have Palmer, who put up a solid week 1, but do I grab Carson Wentz and hope that he keeps playing like he did in week 1 and improving to be even better?

Who would I drop, though?

Positions are QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB/TE, and my roster looks like this:

QB- Palmer
RB- Melvin Gordon
RB- Hill
TE- Gronk
WR- D Thomas
WR- Michael Floyd
W/R/T- AJ
K- Gano
D/SP- Denver
B- J Brown
B- J Thomas
B- T Coleman
B- Theo Riddick
B- M Thomas
B- W Fuller

K- Gano
D- Denver

Was his week 1 performance a mirage or do I scoop him up before anyone else can?
Reply/Quote
I would not drop any of those people for Wentz. If you were to drop anyone, Thomas of the Michael variety.
Reply/Quote
I would not go for Wentz. Yes, he had a good week. But, defenses will figure him out and make adjustments. He needs more experience. I went for Flacco as my backup QB after Romo and RGIII both got hurt. He's a veteran that will at least be consistent.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Is that j brown John or jaron? Makes a difference, if it's John I agree with that you shouldn't drop any of them for wentz or any other waiver wire QB unless he's a sure thing. If you want to add a QB I'd recommend trying to trade for one where you might get better value for the guy you'll lose.

You could also try to package a couple players for a good consistent RB (seems like that's your weakest link on a very good team btw) and a throw in. Then drop the throw in for a QB (wentz if your heart is set on him but depending on who else is available id consider a different QB).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 09:46 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Is that j brown John or jaron? Makes a difference, if it's John I agree with that you shouldn't drop any of them for wentz or any other waiver wire QB unless he's a sure thing. If you want to add a QB I'd recommend trying to trade for one where you might get better value for the guy you'll lose.

You could also try to package a couple players for a good consistent RB (seems like that's your weakest link on a very good team btw) and a throw in. Then drop the throw in for a QB (wentz if your heart is set on him but depending on who else is available id consider a different QB).
John from Arizona.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 11:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: John from Arizona.

Ok yeah he's the better one. Just gets confusing with John/jaron being #12/13 and both playing for the cards lol that shouldn't even be allowed 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill seems like a good guy to drop... Unless you're in some weird league that doesn't reward yardage.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote