Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have We Been More Active In Scouting?
Is it just me, or have we been more active in scouting this year? It almost seems like the front office is allowing them to be scouts instead of just in name so we can say we actually have scouts.

It seems like any time I've seen a prospects pro day, we're listed as one of the teams in attendance. Not only that, but I've seen a few small school guys whose pro days we've attended, which makes me think that maybe the scouts have been doing work during the season. Small school guys are where you find the biggest sleepers, so that seems huge and I've been pleasantly surprised.

Coaches, including even Guenther, have been attending a lot of them, which I like because he knows specifically what he wants on his defense.

Are we finally doing legitimate work in the scouting department?
Reply/Quote
I can't complain haha
I can't wait til the draft! April come sooner!!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 06:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Is it just me, or have we been more active in scouting this year?  It almost seems like the front office is allowing them to be scouts instead of just in name so we can say we actually have scouts.

It seems like any time I've seen a prospects pro day, we're listed as one of the teams in attendance.  Not only that, but I've seen a few small school guys whose pro days we've attended, which makes me think that maybe the scouts have been doing work during the season.  Small school guys are where you find the biggest sleepers, so that seems huge and I've been pleasantly surprised.

Coaches, including even Guenther, have been attending a lot of them, which I like because he knows specifically what he wants on his defense.

Are we finally doing legitimate work in the scouting department?

Those two statements occur every year.

I think some teams complain if their name goes on the NFL site as having attended Pro Day X and Pro Day Y, while we could care less.  So it's not unusual to see the statement "including representatives of the Bengals" on Gil Brandt's list from one year to the next.

And we always send coaches to do scouting, as they are expected to provide input since they have to coach them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 11:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Those two statements occur every year.

I think some teams complain if their name goes on the NFL site as having attended Pro Day X and Pro Day Y, while we could care less.  So it's not unusual to see the statement "including representatives of the Bengals" on Gil Brandt's list from one year to the next.

And we always send coaches to do scouting, as they are expected to provide input since they have to coach them.

I know we sent coaches to do scouting at some pro days, which I've always said I liked since they know what they want out of a player, but just seems like we're more into it this year.

Also, like I said, I was shocked at the small school guys being on our radar.
Reply/Quote