Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have the Bengals?
Ever announced 3 major FA signings the first day?

I am really happy with what they are doing.

This year and last year shows a completely different approach to free agency

And paying good interior lineman market value! Wow! Putting their money where their mouth is re protecting Joe!!!

3 above average to good free agents way better than busting the bank on one guy!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't believe they have. One thing is for sure. They had a plan, and they executed 100%.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:52 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Ever announced 3 major FA signings the first day?

And paying good interior lineman market value! Wow! Putting their money where their mouth is re protecting Joe!!!

3 above average to good free agents way better than busting the bank on one guy!

(03-14-2022, 04:53 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I don't believe they have. One thing is for sure. They had a plan, and they executed 100%.

I don't think they've announced 3 signings this big in one entire offseason! 

Let's hope they keep coming!
Reply/Quote
I can't remember any days like this in the modern era. However, I do remember years where simply retaining one of our own from leaving was a "huge" win for the fans.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
How hard is it to finish your title of the thread?
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:52 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Ever announced 3 major FA signings the first day?

It has basically been an impossibility since free agents would mostly negotiate with Cincinnati just for leverage to use with the team they really wanted to play for. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:58 PM)The Clapp Wrote: How hard is it to finish your title of the thread?

Really?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't remember any days like this in the modern era.  However, I do remember years where simply retaining one of our own from leaving was a "huge" win for the fans.

Not to mention the times they were just absolutely burned with FAs in the past.. Marvin has to have a certain amount of steam coming out of his ears just thinking about it..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:58 PM)The Clapp Wrote: How hard is it to finish your title of the thread?

It's obviously cleverly designed click bait to suck you into hours of clicking partial questions.. You fell for it hook, line and sinker! 
Well done 67..well done.  You win all clickbait of the internet forever!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It's not just about the signings it was very obvious the Bengals had a plan. Word is the Bengals were on very heavy on Jensen but when he came off the market last night they locked up Cappa and Karras quickly. I expect they were in negotiations with Ogunjobi and Hill offering both similar contracts.

Bengals targeted the guys they wanted and attacked free agency quickly. It was very well done.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I said it in another thread but just the fact that the Cappa deal was announced at 12:01 was mind-blowing. The Bengals organization is notorious for following the rules and they illegally tampered.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:36 PM)Synric Wrote: It's not just about the signings it was very obvious the Bengals had a plan.

Bengals targeted the guys they wanted and attacked free agency quickly. It was very well done.

Mad props to the Front Office! Whoever is calling the shots is a superb strategist. Alex Cappa and Ted Karras are huge upgrades. Now let’s call agents for Morgan Moses, Terron Armstead, and Bradley Bozeman and see if any of them are interested in playing with Joe Burrow — and don’t forget about Gronk.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 07:24 PM)pally Wrote: I said it in another thread but just the fact that the Cappa deal was announced at 12:01 was mind-blowing.  The Bengals organization is notorious for following the rules and they illegally tampered.

Stop. It's not what you think it is.
Teams can not have direct contact or visits with players, but CAN talk with their agents, so at the very start, the player can sign the best offer or wait. The agents spreads the news that so n so offered xx so that teams can get their best in before it opens. This is also how news guys get their inside info
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:36 PM)Synric Wrote: It's not just about the signings it was very obvious the Bengals had a plan. Word is the Bengals were on very heavy on Jensen but when he came off the market last night they locked up Cappa and Karras quickly. I expect they were in negotiations with Ogunjobi and Hill offering both similar contracts.

Yes and all in the trenches where games are won.
Reply/Quote
I’d get either Norwell (if Karras is going to play C), or Bozeman (he and Ted can both play all 3 interior spots) to complete the interior, and then for RT either re-sign Reiff, get Moses, or trade for McGlinchey.

On defense get Morgan Fox, Kendall Sheffield, and one more corner. Then just go pure BPA in every round.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Even I am impressed. Nice to see some signing instead of the players who jumped ship each year.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Think I've fallen in love with Katie Blackburn if she is the one now pulling the strings.

Where has she been my whole life ?

Keep up the incredible work !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I honestly believe that Cincy tried for day one last year but the Chiefs were coming off of a Super Bowl loss where their line was decimated. They got the priority because no one believed in Joe Burrow & the Bengals and guys were eyeing that potential ring with KC.

Now, Cincy, coming off of a Super Bowl loss with a shit line, fills two spots right off the bat and most of that has to do with belief in Joe Burrow.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think I've fallen in love with Katie Blackburn if she is the one now pulling the strings.

Where has she been my whole life ?

Keep up the incredible work !

Good moves? Katie. Zac.

Bad moves? MB.

This narrative on the board is funny to me.
Reply/Quote