Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have the Bengals ever ...
Won a game like this? I can think of one or two times where they lost one like it ...

It seems like this game will bring back a lot of fans discouraged by the last two seasons.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 05:23 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Won a game like this? I can think of one or two times where they lost one like it ...

It seems like this game will bring back a lot of fans discouraged by the last two seasons.

The Seattle game in 2015 was pretty awesome and a lot like this one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
1981, also Seattle. The Turk Schonert game. Kenny got benched and overcame 21 point deficit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't recall any game with 2 defensive pick 6s by defensive linemen to close it out. The offense pretty much laid eggs most of the game and the D just willed the win this time around...Great finish for everyone... 
This D line is taking over games in the end just flat out wearing down offensive lines come the 4th quarters...Let's hope it keeps up like this. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Thank you for the replies, guys. That catch by Mixon was a miracle. It's going to be a long ride home for the mammal-not-fish team from Miami.
Reply/Quote
The secret was in the uniforms.. we are still undefeated in that uniform. Shhh...
Reply/Quote
Then maybe they should wear the Orange uniform next week? According to the long-range forecast it's going to be 20-25 temperature change.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 05:45 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The secret was in the uniforms.. we are still undefeated in that uniform. Shhh...

Are we, with the white pants?

First time in Bengals history 2 D lineman have scored TD's

Reply/Quote
They scored 24 unanswered points verse the Colts week 1 to come from behind to win, when they were down 23-10 early 3rd.

But to have 2 d-lineman score TDs in a comeback win? Since that's the first time 2 d-linemen scored a TD in the same game in Bengal history, I am going to say no, probably not a comeback win like this one.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Seattle was the one i remembered as i am not as old as Gramps lol

I think Gramps is correct about the 2 pick 6's from two D-lineman. Don't think that has ever happened with us to win game.

That Packers game where we came back and beat Rodgers was a great comeback too with the Newman fumble recovery.

BTW, 2nd game this season i predicted the exact score, the Colts game and this one. 27 -17 with the D finally showing up.

Took awhile though, that first half was ugly but damn there is some fight in this team! Cool
Reply/Quote
Bills. 2011.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 05:49 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Are we, with the white pants?

We are not undefeated in the orange on white. Only in the orange on black. Can only hope we see orange on black against New Orleans later on...
Reply/Quote
Bengals in 2004 outscored Ravens in Baltimore 24-6 in the 4th quarter for the win.
Reply/Quote
I remover the being down 16-0 to Pittsburgh and winning in OT. Shoulda one in regulation, but everybody’s favorite kicker missed the extra point at the end of regulation. He did kick the game Winner in OT though.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I was at the 97' Cardinals Bengals game. It was, I believe, 21 to 3 in the fourth. Then we scored 21 unanswered points to win.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 05:45 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The secret was in the uniforms.. we are still undefeated in that uniform. Shhh...

Orange jersey with white pants they're now 16-6. 

Orange jersey with black pants they're 6-0.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 09:56 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: I was at the 97' Cardinals Bengals game. It was, I believe, 21 to 3 in the fourth. Then we scored 21 unanswered points to win.

I was at that game too. Late TD to Pickens to go ahead. After that, me and some buddies went down to Sawyer Point and watched a Jackyl concert and then the WEBN fireworks later that night. Pretty cool day. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 05:49 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Are we, with the white pants?

No, we're 6-0 in the Ornage jerseys and black pants. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 10:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Orange jersey with white pants they're now 16-6. 

Orange jersey with black pants they're 6-0.

22-6

Perhaps we should should consider switching to the orange jerseys permanently Mellow

Reply/Quote
The real test is can we go to Pittsburg and slap them in the mouth? We are the better team but that’s never stopped us from losing to Pitt before
Reply/Quote