Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have the Bengals fined Trey
lets not talk about anything negative. the bengals won. try being more positive!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 05:38 PM)Whacked Wrote: Maybe it’s just me but I thought the penalty itself was complete garbage / unsubstantiated.

Hendrickson didn't hit him that hard. Yes, it deserved a flag but he didn't destroy him like he could have. Seems more of a thoughtless moment or a moment of frustration. Hit doesn't deserve a fine. The embarrassment and loss of turnover was enough punishment. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 05:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So basically he turned into Jefferson from Fast Times. LOL

Lol…accurate description 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 05:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Are we playing Steeler ball now?

Who Dat?!  We Dat!!!   Ninja

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 05:51 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: That is was what a “blacked out” Trey Hendrickson looks like that has become completely possessed by spirits not of this world. Watching him on the sideline pleading with coaches to challenge his “strip sack” that looks on his face was just weird…almost like he was going to start bawling. He looked mentally disturbed LoL

Man, I love Hendrickson, and this just reinforces it even more
Reply/Quote
The cheapest shot of the game was the Saints player lunging with the crown of his helmet up under Burrow's face mask directly to the chin strap at the beginning of the game. We were lucky not to lose Burrow on that hit and would think that hit certainly deserves a fine.

If Hendrickson would have blown him up I would have suspected retaliation. Just think it was born out of frustration from getting held so much though.

But he did not blow him up imo, but certainly deserved the flag.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: $1 billion yet?  That may be the single stupidest penalty in Bengals history.  3rd and 25 and you take four steps?  I still can't wrap my head around that one.

Sorry I just had to vent a little.

It was dumb, that was sooo late lol

Just wanted to hit Andy I guess, not cool. Played pretty damn good overall though and like others said, he is forgiven for his 
overall play. This was a very emotional game for quite a few players including Trey.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The cheapest shot of the game was the Saints player lunging with the crown of his helmet up under Burrow's face mask directly to the chin strap at the beginning of the game. We were lucky not to lose Burrow on that hit and would think that hit certainly deserves a fine.  

If Hendrickson would have blown him up I would have suspected retaliation. Just think it was born out of frustration from getting held so much.

Demarrio Davis roughing the passer? Yeah, and was surprised to hear Archuleta say that is just what you get when you hold 
onto the ball a second too long lol

Nah, chin strap hitting the QB is way worse than all the crap calls we saw against Grady Jarrett and company as of late.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The cheapest shot of the game was the Saints player lunging with the crown of his helmet up under Burrow's face mask directly to the chin strap at the beginning of the game. We were lucky not to lose Burrow on that hit and would think that hit certainly deserves a fine.  

If Hendrickson would have blown him up I would have suspected retaliation. Just think it was born out of frustration from getting held so much.

I get the frustration that can build up in DE's over a game. Being held, being choked, being almost there so many times. And then you get an open lane and you're thinking finally and oops there goes the ball. So they're like QB you're gonna pay anyways. You see it a lot.

But you have to be smarter than that. It could have cost us the game. I'll give him a mulligan on this one though. But only one haha.
Reply/Quote
Could have very easily cost us the game. Went from being a 4 minute drive or so with no points to a nearly 8 minute drive with 3 points that put us down 2 scores.

I’ll get past it because that last play of the game where he hit Dalton and caused an incomplete pass saved a first down and locked up his the win.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Demarrio Davis roughing the passer? Yeah, and was surprised to hear Archuleta say that is just what you get when you hold 
onto the ball a second too long lol

Nah, chin strap hitting the QB is way worse than all the crap calls we saw against Grady Jarrett and company as of late.

believe it was Davis, he had the multi color arm sleeve on instead of the normal black one. 

Thought he broke Burrow's jaw immediately. Have seen Hines Ward do the same shot many times. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 09:24 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Could have very easily cost us the game. Went from being a 4 minute drive or so with no points to a nearly 8 minute drive with 3 points that put us down 2 scores.

I’ll get past it because that last play of the game where he hit Dalton and caused an incomplete pass saved a first down and locked up his the win.

I really love how Sam played and he had a great game from what I saw and even calmed down Ossai on one play to keep 
him from drawing a penalty, when Logan went down, Sam was the leader and he had at least a half a Sack and a few pressures
and a couple great TFL. Ossai coming along is just another positive from this win in NO.

Oh yeah, shout out to BJ Hill who came up big late as well with a Sack or half a Sack with Sam. Love BJ Hill.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 09:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I get the frustration that can build up in DE's over a game. Being held, being choked, being almost there so many times. And then you get an open lane and you're thinking finally and oops there goes the ball. So they're like QB you're gonna pay anyways. You see it a lot.

But you have to be smarter than that. It could have cost us the game. I'll give him a mulligan on this one though. But only one haha.

Agree and believe he will be smarter. 

Dude has won more games than costing us games so the mulligan is definitely warranted. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 09:26 PM)Go Cards Wrote: believe it was Davis, he had the multi color arm sleeve on instead of the normal black one. 

Thought he broke Burrow's jaw immediately. Have seen Hines Ward do the same shot many times. 

It was, great player, been watching him playing great for years but that was a penalty for sure.

I wouldn't necessarily call it dirty, but it was a chin strap hit to the QB. A definite penalty for roughing the passer.

Archuleta is a D guy, only reason why someone wouldn't like the call and I am a D guy myself.
Reply/Quote
That was a bad penalty he committed but stuff like that happens from time to time. If he was doing it all of the time it would be an issue. This guy is the Bengals pass rush so I am not mad about it

You would not be crazy to say that after Burrow he is the second most valuable player on the team. In todays pass-happy NFL stud pass rushers are badly needed. He is the Bengals only consistent pass rusher and he’s one of best in the league.

Not saying he is for sure their second most valuable guy but you can make a very strong case for him.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:00 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Man, I love Hendrickson, and this just reinforces it even more

LOVE Hendrickson.  I will never forget that shot of him sitting on the bench when the Bengals kicked the game winning field goal to win  the AFC championship in Kansas City. The look on his face was a picture of pain, exhaustion and immense satisfaction all at once. He sat there alone in contemplation while the rest of the bench rushed the field.  That dude is just wired different. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 05:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Are we playing Steeler ball now?

6 championships. If this is what it takes, my soul is up for sale.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:45 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: 6 championships. If this is what it takes, my soul is up for sale.

Didn’t we try that once by signing FA’s from jails across America (damn, that has a nice ring to it)? 

Reply/Quote
My stream cut out on this play. I'd love to see it, but I can't find any links to anyone putting it up.  
I suspect prior to the play, Zac told him something along these lines.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:30 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: That was a bad penalty he committed but stuff like that happens from time to time. If he was doing it all of the time it would be an issue. This guy is the Bengals pass rush so I am not mad about it

You would not be crazy to say that after Burrow he is the second most valuable player on the team.  In todays pass-happy NFL stud pass rushers are badly needed.  He is the Bengals only consistent pass rusher and he’s one of best in the league.

Not saying he is for sure their second most valuable guy but you can make a very strong case for him.

That is true but Hubbard was getting a lot of pressure Sunday and Ossai had a couple great plays one early pressure on 
Dalton and drew a penalty later. Maybe we might start seeing some more consistent pass rush out of these guys. I also 
thought Cam Sample looked good at times.
Reply/Quote