Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have to give the OL props too
Only one sack, Burrow had time, 4.3 YPA rushing. Bengals also controlled TOP. I think the mess against the Titans got taken personally by them and they were determined not to allow a repeat. Also Carman was rotated with Adeniji and was effective (his block was key on Perine’s TD as was Chase’s).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: Only one sack, Burrow had time, 4.3 YPA rushing. Bengals also controlled TOP. I think the mess against the Titans got taken personally by them and they were determined not to allow a repeat. Also Carman was rotated with Adeniji and was effective (his block was key on Perine’s TD as was Chase’s).

Guessing you've been doing a lot of celebrating with Grandma's tonic, as you've never given props to our oline before. Cool DrunkWasted
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:24 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Guessing you've been doing a lot of celebrating with Grandma's tonic, as you've never given props to our oline before. Cool DrunkWasted

Actually I have. I am also one of those who has pointed out not all sacks are the fault of the OL.
Reply/Quote
You f***** have to. We got more sacks than KC.

Everyone was saying what if the O line played average....I was the only one I saw post what if they played GOOD?

The first half was crazy but I think they were above average in the 2nd half
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: Only one sack, Burrow had time, 4.3 YPA rushing. Bengals also controlled TOP. I think the mess against the Titans got taken personally by them and they were determined not to allow a repeat. Also Carman was rotated with Adeniji and was effective (his block was key on Perine’s TD as was Chase’s).

That OL has pride and is growing. Although, we still need to replace a few spots and make a few of these guys depth pieces. But yes, they did a good job today. I'm so proud of them all.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, this time Burrow had enough time to throw it away.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
It was a good performance. They essentially made Chris Jones disappear and had this not been a bit of an off day for Burrow in terms of his usual pinpoint accuracy the offense would have had a couple more TDs in regulation too.
Reply/Quote
they kept rotating Adeniji and Carman throughout the 2nd half of the game. It will be interesting to see both the snap counts for each and their PFF scores

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
OL still stinks... Weakest link.. Played better.. Easy fix when you are have plenty of cap space.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:30 PM)pally Wrote: they kept rotating Adeniji and Carman throughout the 2nd half of the game.  It will be interesting to see both the snap counts for each and their PFF scores

I think this helped as the two have dissimilar blocking styles and it kept the Chiefs D from teeing off. 
Reply/Quote
They played much better and Burrow throwing the ball away at RB's feet several times helped out as well.

Plus that's one of the first times I can recall that Bengals got the push on a QB sneak to get the first down.

They definitely took it personally.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: It was a good performance. They essentially made Chris Jones disappear and had this not been a bit of an off day for Burrow in terms of his usual pinpoint accuracy the offense would have had a couple more TDs in regulation too.

Chris Jones had Burrow dead to rights on that one play, but Burrow worked some magic to get out of it.

OL played a pretty good game overall though. You know they were tired of hearing about the 9 sacks all week.

Reply/Quote
Hope they can get healed up and give us one more good game.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That OL has pride and is growing. Although, we still need to replace a few spots and make a few of these guys depth pieces. But yes, they did a good job today. I'm so proud of them all.

By the way, is your wife now on the Burrow Bandwagon instead of the Mahomes Machine?

The photo of the dog sitting on the two blankets made me think of it.
Reply/Quote
Carman had one egregiously-bad play from what I saw; Jones ran him over on one of Burrow's scrambles for a 1st down (I don't know how he got out of it), otherwise he took Adeniji to school.

Adeniji had one great play that I remember, which was the screen (he's good on screens, it seems). Otherwise, Carman clearly outplayed him, especially in the run game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chris Jones had Burrow dead to rights on that one play, but Burrow worked some magic to get out of it.

OL played a pretty good game overall though. You know they were tired of hearing about the 9 sacks all week.

And people's assumptions that it would happen again.
Reply/Quote
To me it felt like burrow didn’t have much time to throw all game and that’s why we were inconsistent on offense. Meanwhile Mahomes had all day to throw much of the game but our secondary played great in the second half and our pass rush finally got home bc there was nowhere to go with the ball.

If burrow had more time and our run game was more consistent we would have won handily. Late in the game we did start to run the ball better bc of the momentum our defense gave us.

The oline still has a ways to go but we are winning in spite of them. They are showing flashes here and there though.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And people's assumptions that it would happen again.

I figured they would get some pressure but Burrow had a relatively clean pocket for a good portion of the game. I think sometimes even he was surprised when there wasn't anyone there but did a good job at moving out of the pocket when he needed to. Titans showed why their defense helped carry them to the #1 seed.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:46 PM)TheFan Wrote: I figured they would get some pressure but Burrow had a relatively clean pocket for a good portion of the game. I think sometimes even he was surprised when there wasn't anyone there but did a good job at moving out of the pocket when he needed to. Titans showed why their defense helped carry them to the #1 seed.

Yup.  And somehow everyone else thinks every team can do that.
Reply/Quote
Burrow still makes them look better than they are. Burrow was Houdini on more than one occasion. Not being negative. Props for a distinct improvement from last week's embarrassment.

I just dream of this team with 3 or 4 new pieces on the OL next year. Everything looks bright about this team.
Reply/Quote