Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have we found our tackles of the future?
Adenji has looked really good in the 2 games he has played. With Jonah here as well it looks like we just need to see which one can play rt. Adenji has really impressed me with some quick feet and played today against some of the best rushers in the nfl and did an outstanding job. Use these 2 at tackle and Spain at rg and our line is actually serviceable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:38 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Adenji has looked really good in the 2 games he has played. With Jonah here as well it looks like we just need to see which one can play rt. Adenji has really impressed me with some quick feet and played today against some of the best rushers in the nfl and did an outstanding job. Use these 2 at tackle and Spain at rg and our line is actually serviceable.

That would be nice if they were our future tackles. My only fear is that the Bengals will settle for just not terrible O-line play and don't try to upgrade in the offseason. We need to protect Burrow at all costs, put the best team around him possible  and try to maximize his rookie contract. 
Reply/Quote
I think Adenji should play LT and switch Jonah to RT.
Spain LG with Hopkins C and then we need to sign a top rated RG.
Would love to use our top pick to get Micah Parsons for MLB.
Reply/Quote
I sure hope so. We need some luck
Reply/Quote
Oline is quickly becoming a minor need on this team.

Now Dline on the other hand...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I would go after Joe Thuney in Free agency. He is proven and would fit in perfectly at Guard.
Reply/Quote
I feel like this thread was recycled from last year when people thought Fred Johnson was the answer from a small sample size.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
There's potential that next week, if Washington beats us, that we would move up to the #3 overall pick. If we're there, then I imagine Sewell would be the pick.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Oline is quickly becoming a minor need on this team.

Our running game is still atrocious. We need guys on the OL who can actually open some holes.

But I agree DL is an even bigger need. Our entire pass rush is one guy (and he might leave in FA).

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:31 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I would go after Joe Thuney in Free agency. He is proven and would fit in perfectly at Guard.

He would be ideal.

Reply/Quote
Spain and Adeniji have given our OL a nice boost in the last couple weeks.

And the OL was blocking well enough to have a running game yesterday. Minus the Shawn Williams fake punt run, we ran for 100 yards on 20 carries. Why we didnt run it more in that kind of weather with our rookie QB facing the best pass rush in the NFL is beyond me. It was working we just didnt stick with it. If we are going to get better in the AFCN, we need to establish a good running game. Otherwise it will be more of the same.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 08:15 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Spain and Adeniji have given our OL a nice boost in the last couple weeks.

Why we didnt run it more in that kind of weather with our rookie QB facing the best pass rush in the NFL is beyond me. It was working we just didnt stick with it.

That's on Zac Taylor and this is the problem of having a quarterback coach who played quarterback in college coaching a team owned by a former college quarterback.  It's the mindset and it's wrong.

Drafting Joe Burrow was the safest thing to do but his presence on the team makes Zac Taylor go to the air far too often.  True, Joe was not intercepted by the Steelers yesterday but there were lots of incompletions too.  Zac should have seen Joe was way more inaccurate than usual and (1) run the ball more often and called (2) safe, short passes.  The run blocking was better yesterday and this is the odd year teams can run against Pittsburgh so I'm still scratching my head.
Reply/Quote
I was not impressed with Adeniji or anyone on our offensive line.

Wasn't Watt lined up across from Adeniji?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 11:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I was not impressed with Adeniji or anyone on our offensive line.

Wasn't Watt lined up across from Adeniji?

.... No Quinton Spain played Right Tackle Hakeem Adeniji played very well at Left Tackle.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:55 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I feel like this thread was recycled from last year when people thought Fred Johnson was the answer from a small sample size.

Fred has looked great via eye-test this year... at T.

I think playing him at G really screwed up his body of work and perception with people; he's been very good/consistent at the T spots (PFF is bullshit).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:31 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I would go after Joe Thuney in Free agency. He is proven and would fit in perfectly at Guard.

I have wanted this for some time.  He is young, local, the best at his position, and comes from a winning culture.  However, I am starting to realize that with the disappearance of Atkins and Dunlap's demise, this team needs an infusion of talent on the defensive line.  They also need a vertical WR since Green is apparently done.  I liked the idea of going after Brandin Cooks as a veteran that can get vertical, but I would probably prefer those dollars be spent on defense as well and get a vertical WR in the draft.  
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Oline is quickly becoming a minor need on this team.

The pass rush is the single greatest need on this team and it isn't close right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 11:49 AM)Synric Wrote: .... No Quinton Spain played Right Tackle Hakeem Adeniji played very well at Left Tackle.

Honestly, Spain didn't do that badly against Watt. He rode Watt past the QB on his first sack, but Watt was able to blindside Burrow because the pocket collapsed in front of him and he had nowhere to step up.  The second was a blown stunt pickup by Redmond.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: The pass rush is the single greatest need on this team and it isn't close right now.

Or even cornerback.  But pass rush would make the secondary better, so I'll agree!  What's this years draft deep on?  I think that likely dictates the logic on what first.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:38 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Adenji has looked really good in the 2 games he has played. With Jonah here as well it looks like we just need to see which one can play rt. Adenji has really impressed me with some quick feet and played today against some of the best rushers in the nfl and did an outstanding job. Use these 2 at tackle and Spain at rg and our line is actually serviceable.

From what I saw, his feet were a little slow, but he was still accomplishing the goal.
I believe the video replay I saw was on Matt Minich's twitter.

I'd like to see Williams, Spain, Hopkins, XSF, and either Adeniji or Hart all out there to see what the Bengals might actually have.
I never want to see Redmond active again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote