Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have we gone too far?
Have we gone too far, in the effort of throwing common sense out the window? Michael Bennett is under indictment for allegedly pushing an elderly, disabled security guard at the Super Bowl.

Not that pushing anyone should be acceptable. But, why in the hell is an elderly, disabled woman on the security detail at the freakin' Super Bowl??

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/michael-bennett-indicted-for-allegedly-pushing-and-injuring-an-elderly-disabled-security-guard-at-super-bowl/ar-BBKCjuZ?ocid=spartandhp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-23-2018, 06:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Have we gone too far, in the effort of throwing common sense out the window? Michael Bennett is under indictment for allegedly pushing an elderly, disabled security guard at the Super Bowl.

Not that pushing anyone should be acceptable. But, why in the hell is an elderly, disabled woman on the security detail at the freakin' Super Bowl??

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/michael-bennett-indicted-for-allegedly-pushing-and-injuring-an-elderly-disabled-security-guard-at-super-bowl/ar-BBKCjuZ?ocid=spartandhp

Because deregulation due to neoliberal/conservative policies have created an economic environment where retirement is unattainable except by the most affluent in society. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
She wouldn’t be if we allowed employers the freedom to hire whomever they wished.
(03-23-2018, 06:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Because deregulation due to neoliberal/conservative policies have created an economic environment where retirement is unattainable except by the most affluent in society. Ninja

Or because we have devalued the family unit to the point we shame people. For. Having a lot of children. In the past children took care of elderly parents. Now for some reason the government is expected to. Do do because of the social security scam.

Thanks FDR. You miserable degenerate.

FYI. Yes I saw the ninja, just been looking for a chance to smack fdr. Nothing personal ofc.
(03-23-2018, 08:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Or because we have devalued the family unit to the point we shame people. For. Having a lot of children. In the past children took care of elderly parents. Now for some reason the government is expected to. Do do because of the social security scam.

Thanks FDR. You miserable degenerate.

FYI. Yes I saw the ninja, just been looking for a chance to smack fdr. Nothing personal ofc.

In order for children to take care of the elderly they would need to be able to afford it. But because of the aforementioned policies, young adults can barely afford to have one child, let alone being able to take care of the previous generation and/or have multiple children.

I only had the ninja because I was feeling sassy and it wasn't taking the thread in the intended direction, but my statement was based on reality. As was this one.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Not far enough. Couple more tax cuts and she will be raking in another 3$ a month. Retirement is only 150 years around the corner if she saves and invests it wisely.

For real though. The NFL has this shit jacked up. Been awhile since ive been to a game. But last few times there was some people with disabilities wearing the yellow jackets pulling security.

There are plenty of jobs out there. In an environment of alcohol infused drunkards fired up from watching a violent sport, being able to physically protect others and yourself should be a requirement. Dumb ass decision. Makes as much sense as letting a middle school drop out who cant read teach a college organic chemistry class.
(03-23-2018, 06:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Because deregulation due to neoliberal/conservative policies have created an economic environment where retirement is unattainable except by the most affluent in society. Ninja

See, I was looking at it differently.  I was thinking more a liberal viewpoint of "who are you to tell that old, crippled lady that she's not a strong security force member?".

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-23-2018, 08:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: See, I was looking at it differently.  I was thinking more a liberal viewpoint of "who are you to tell that old, crippled lady that she's not a strong security force member?".

I know, which is why I had the ninja. I am just a bit full of myself this evening because of some advocacy work I did, today.

(03-23-2018, 08:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I know, which is why I had the ninja. I am just a bit full of myself this evening because of some advocacy work I did, today.

I'm hoping that Bennett takes the initiative to apologize, and see to this lady's injuries.  At least that might mitigate this potentially ugly situation.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-23-2018, 08:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In order for children to take care of the elderly they would need to be able to afford it. But because of the aforementioned policies, young adults can barely afford to have one child, let alone being able to take care of the previous generation and/or have multiple children.

They need to get off the cell phones long enough to start having interaction with family and go get some sex and then get a job, or job first. Give the elderly the money they earned and make the kids earn the money they get. Damn freeloaders. LOL... Let Grandma retire.

(03-23-2018, 09:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: They need to get off the cell phones long enough to start having interaction with family and go get some sex and then get a job, or job first. Give the elderly the money they earned and make the kids earn the money they get. Damn freeloaders. LOL... Let Grandma retire.

Yeah, hi, I work over 40 hours a week and go to school part-time to further my future earnings. Wife is doing the same. We can't afford to have one kid or take care of anyone besides ourselves. The whole "Millennials are lazy and distracted" trope is played out.

(03-23-2018, 09:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, hi, I work over 40 hours a week and go to school part-time to further my future earnings. Wife is doing the same. We can't afford to have one kid or take care of anyone besides ourselves. The whole "Millennials are lazy and distracted" trope is played out.

No one has ever claimed that you aren't an exceptional individual, and a benefit to your generation.  Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Old paraplegic lady had to work so able bodied men can collect welfare because they can't find a job.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-23-2018, 09:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, hi, I work over 40 hours a week and go to school part-time to further my future earnings. Wife is doing the same. We can't afford to have one kid or take care of anyone besides ourselves. The whole "Millennials are lazy and distracted" trope is played out.

I disagree and if you go through life everyday and cant see the laziness then you are in denial. Now, if you two are working as hard as you say, then your efforts will pay off in the future. I promise (well, unless your 40hrs is at a volunteer center then your kind stagnant because your going nowhere). It sucks being young, but most people fail many times and struggle often and do many jobs they hate to go to so they can have something nice to call their own. And yet, theres always the person who says they wish they could be like them and have what they have, while they have no clue what they went through to get it. I love that you two are in school because it makes a difference, regardless of the BS you read in the papers. Education will prepare you for bigger cash. Experience will get you even bigger cash with a house and a boat and car. 

Warning however, being the smartest person in the room always finishes last! Now let me buy you a beer.  Cheers

(03-23-2018, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Old paraplegic lady had to work so able bodied men can collect welfare because they can't find a job.

And they don't see a problem with that either. 

(03-23-2018, 08:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In order for children to take care of the elderly they would need to be able to afford it. But because of the aforementioned policies, young adults can barely afford to have one child, let alone being able to take care of the previous generation and/or have multiple children.

I only had the ninja because I was feeling sassy and it wasn't taking the thread in the intended direction, but my statement was based on reality. As was this one.

Then maybe we should replace all social safety nets and give everyone a tax free mincome.
(03-23-2018, 09:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Then maybe we should replace all social safety nets and give everyone a tax free mincome.

I dont agree with that, but I would love to have all the money back I paid before they spend it all on tickets for people who dont work and go to games and push grandmas.

(03-23-2018, 07:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: She wouldn’t be if we allowed employers the freedom to hire whomever they wished.

These event operations security type jobs are very part time, seasonal, and (in my experience) pay minimum wage.  Go to any stadium and you'll see it staffed with old people who have pensions from other jobs/the military/disability and young people who are still in high school, or in college and just doing part-time stuff while they live with their parents.

Low hours and minimum wage are going to yield this kind of applicant pool.  You get what you pay for.  Basically, these are the types of jobs where someone who needs a job would actually find having a job like this detrimental to attaining meaningful employment.

(03-23-2018, 08:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Or because we have devalued the family unit to the point we shame people. For. Having a lot of children.   In the past children took care of elderly parents.  Now for some reason the government is expected to. Do do because of the social security scam.   

Thanks FDR.  You miserable degenerate.

FYI.  Yes I saw the ninja,  just been looking for a chance to smack fdr.   Nothing personal ofc.

Shoving around a cripple in a thread about shoving around a cripple?  This is some inception-level stuff, right here.
(03-23-2018, 10:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: These event operations security type jobs are very part time, seasonal, and (in my experience) pay minimum wage.  Go to any stadium and you'll see it staffed with old people who have pensions from other jobs/the military/disability and young people who are still in high school, or in college and just doing part-time stuff while they live with their parents.

Low hours and minimum wage are going to yield this kind of applicant pool.  You get what you pay for.  Basically, these are the types of jobs where someone who needs a job would actually find having a job like this detrimental to attaining meaningful employment.

Shoving around a cripple in a thread about shoving around a cripple?  This is some inception-level stuff, right here.

Easy now, Nately.  I was just thinking of the irony of the most profitable event of the year, paying crippled old women to be security.  It's not like the Super Bowl is broke, and needing volunteers or anything..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Children are far more expensive than an elderly relative.   
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall