Poll: Have you ever been to a Bengals Home Game or an Away Game?
Home Game
Away Game
Both Home and Away
Never Been to a Live Game
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have you ever Been To a Bengals Home Game or an Away Game?
two game both at arrowhead. once around 2014 or 2015 we crushed the chiefs then again last year or so we got crushed by them. both times we left early (friends were chiefs fans) also got to see cueto's last game in a red uni @ kauffman just before he became a royal and got a ring in 2017.
Reply/Quote
Never been. It's a 300 mile round trip. Can't smoke anywhere, and I prefer to watch games at home. That and I'm not giving Mikey B a damn dime.

P.S. I am not paying 12 bucks for a damn draft beer either.

I have been to about 20 Reds games though but none since 2004 or so
Reply/Quote
I’ve been to games in Cincinnati that were away games against the Browns and Steelers. There were several home games in Cincinnati too!
Reply/Quote
I'm a season ticket holder, so multiple games at both Riverfront and Paul Brown. Went to an away game in Arizona, to see us play the Carson Palmer Cardinals. He pulled it out with a last minute drive, so that is no favorite of mine.

Favorite at Riverfront: A great dual between our passing attack led by Ken Anderson, and Buffalo's running game led by O.J. Simpson. I believe it was a Monday nighter, and we won.

Favorite at Paul Brown: The great and unbelievable comeback to beat the Seahawks.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:18 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Pretty simple have you ever been to a Bengals Home Game, or Away game?  Who did you attend with (Dad, Mom, Friends, Girlfriend, Wife etc) don't need to mention names of course! And what was your favorite experience while at the Game?

My parents shared season tickets with a couple from Cincinnati throughout the 80's.  So I probably saw 20-30 games at Riverfront including several games during both superbowl years.  I did not get to go to any playoff games however.  The adults shared those tickets unsurprisingly.

I do not have any one particular memory, but I loved watching James Brooks play.  They did everything they could to get the ball in his hands on any down and he was spectacular to watch.

Haven't been to a game since the late 80's, and wouldn't give Brown a dime of my money to attend.

p.s. - I've been to hundreds of Reds games at Riverfront. My Grandparents had seasons tickets for two decades, and in the late 70's early 80's we'd go to almost every home game during the summer and we'd catch weekend games during the school year before and after summer. Section 252, 4th row from the bottom, first 4 seats. Great view of the games. One drawback was very few foul balls to catch because it required there being a left handed hitter an a very strange angle to get to us. Most of the foul balls that got to us were ricochets off the press booth.

Favorite Memory: Johnny Bench Pinch Hit walk off home run - late 70's. Not sure the year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
First game in '89, season tickets since '92. I counted London as an 'away' game even though I think it was officially a home game.
Reply/Quote
I've only ever seen a game at PBS but will go see them at Nissan Stadium next year if they play in Nashville.
I've been in Nissan Stadium once to watch the USMNT and I gotta say, it's a nicer stadium than PBS.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 01:00 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm curious, you held on during the 90s, what makes 2018 WORSE than those days? What pushed you over the edge this time, or rather what held you back last time?

my father was still alive in the 90s and he was not well and we got to do the games together and also the away games as well. After he passed awa in 1999, he made me promise to always be a fan of the Bengals. Well, I am a fan but choose to no longer support this idiot owner! My father was a browns fan from years back and loved Paul Brown and thats why we switched loyalties to the Bengals. As for hanging on, this goes WAY back probably before your time.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 10:21 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I've only ever seen a game at PBS but will go see them at Nissan Stadium next year if they play in Nashville.
I've been in Nissan Stadium once to watch the USMNT and I gotta say, it's a nicer stadium than PBS.

I saw the very first NFL game in that Stadium.  Preseason between Titans and Falcons the year after the Falcons were in the Super Bowl.

Also saw the Bengals play there in 2011.  Our only victory against a winning team that year.

Only saw a couple of games at Riverfront back in the 70's.  A preseason game against Tampa Bay in their 2nd or 3rd year of existence, and a regular season game against the Chief that we lost.

My first game at PBS was with Joe from Florence.  Sat two rows from the end zone.  You could hear the players talking to each other on the field.  It was the last time the Browns had a winning record (10-6 in '07) and we knocked them out of the playoffs with an upset.  Tailgated with Joe, BengalThing, Turk and that crowd.

From '08 to '16 I went to one game every year.  I would stay with an old high school friend in Mason, but since he was not a Bengal fan I would go to the game by myself.  Since I was always just getting a single ticket I could usually find a good one in the lower level for a reasonable price.

Also went to the Chargers playoff game.  Dressed for subzero temperature and it ended up being a very nice day since I was sitting on the sunny side of the stadium.  That game made me sick to my stomach.  Then when I was about a half hour down the road headed home I stooped to eat and realized I had lost my wallet.  I about had a nervous breakdown because I did not even have enough gas to get home.  I drove back like a mad man to the parking garage where I had had changed out of my heavy winter clothes and found my wallet lying on the ground.  It was dark in there and my wallet was black.  If I had lost it in an outside parking lot someone would have seen it and picked it up.  Then it rained like a ***** for my 4 hour drive back home.
Reply/Quote
Never been to a football game except for a few high school games, one of which I played in.
I'm not declaring the results of the game for painfully obvious reasons..and yes..pain was involved. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I saw the very first NFL game in that Stadium.  Preseason between Titans and Falcons the year after the Falcons were in the Super Bowl.

Also saw the Bengals play there in 2011.  Our only victory against a winning team that year.

Only saw a couple of games at Riverfront back in the 70's.  A preseason game against Tampa Bay in their 2nd or 3rd year of existence, and a regular season game against the Chief that we lost.

My first game at PBS was with Joe from Florence.  Sat two rows from the end zone.  You could hear the players talking to each other on the field.  It was the last time the Browns had a winning record (10-6 in '07) and we knocked them out of the playoffs with an upset.  Tailgated with Joe, BengalThing, Turk and that crowd.

From '08 to '16 I went to one game every year.  I would stay with an old high school friend in Mason, but since he was not a Bengal fan I would go to the game by myself.  Since I was always just getting a single ticket I could usually findThe  a good one in the lower level for a reasonable price.

Also went to the Chargers playoff game.  Dressed for subzero temperature and it ended up being a very nice day since I was sitting on the sunny side of the stadium.  That game made me sick to my stomach.  Then when I was about a half hour down the road headed home I stooped to eat and realized I had lost my wallet.  I about had a nervous breakdown because I did not even have enough gas to get home.  I drove back like a mad man to the parking garage where I had had changed out of my heavy winter clothes and found my wallet lying on the ground.  It was dark in there and my wallet was black.  If I had lost it in an outside parking lot someone would have seen it and picked it up.  Then it rained like a ***** for my 4 hour drive back home.
The moral to the story..don't lose your wallet in a bright sunny location with a lot of people nearby..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
First Bengals game was the last game of the season in like 2003 when Corey Dillion threw his stuff into the crowd after we lost, I went with one of my best friends who had an extra ticket. I always wanted to go to games before then but my dad is actually a Bears fan and he also thought games were way too rowdy and expensive. We went to see the Bears play the Lions on Thanksgiving Day in Detroit when I was like 7 or 8, my dad/brother were in Bears gear and drunk guys dressed up like Santa Claus were coming up to my dad and brother and saying stuff like "Bears suck c*ck, and f*!k the Bears!" I was freaking traumatized as I couldn't believe Santa would talk like that, I just kept saying I don't like the Bears...Christmas was never the same after that. From that experience my dad was like no more NFL for you, so hence 2003 being first game.

I moved out west on my own in 2005 and I then went to a bunch of sporadic games throughout the years when I was back in town for business or for fun. Last year before the season started I committed to 3 games, 2 away games IND and KC, and the home opener on Thursday night. KC was a cool atmosphere and everyone was actually pretty nice. Just sucked since we got blown out and I had to listen to "IT'S A KANSAS CITY CHEIFS FIRST DOWN!!!" like 32 times and they all tomahawk chopped in front of my face. IND game was fun as I went with two of my best friends and we have front row seats on the Bengals sideline at like 45 yard line. Players are really close to stands in IND so we go to see them talking, Dunlap came over and stretched his legs while holding the rail right next to us. Was awesome seeing Fej score that strip/TD as he's one of my favorite players too.

This year I decided since Marvin is gone I was going to go all out and get season tickets. My buddy who lives in OH committed too so we both got tickets for the year, figured Zac coming in things would be different and win or lose screw it we're going all in. I booked all my flights before the season started so I'm committed to going to the rest of them except the CLE game, I haven't booked a flight because I have some family stuff and my buddy needed my ticket. As long as Bengals make some trades/FA/Draft moves I'll renew my season tickets next year too. Although I probably will only go to a few games as it was a very hard sell with the wife on me traveling for all these games. Who Dey!
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 05:27 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: First Bengals game was the last game of the season in like 2003 when Corey Dillion threw his stuff into the crowd after we lost, I went with one of my best friends who had an extra ticket. I always wanted to go to games before then but my dad is actually a Bears fan and he also thought games were way too rowdy and expensive. We went to see the Bears play the Lions on Thanksgiving Day in Detroit when I was like 7 or 8, my dad/brother were in Bears gear and drunk guys dressed up like Santa Claus were coming up to my dad and brother and saying stuff like "Bears suck c*ck, and f*!k the Bears!" I was freaking traumatized as I couldn't believe Santa would talk like that, I just kept saying I don't like the Bears...Christmas was never the same after that. From that experience my dad was like no more NFL for you, so hence 2003 being first game.  

I moved out west on my own in 2005 and I then went to a bunch of sporadic games throughout the years when I was back in town for business or for fun. Last year before the season started I committed to 3 games, 2 away games IND and KC, and the home opener on Thursday night. KC was a cool atmosphere and everyone was actually pretty nice. Just sucked since we got blown out and I had to listen to "IT'S A KANSAS CITY CHEIFS FIRST DOWN!!!" like 32 times and they all tomahawk chopped in front of my face. IND game was fun as I went with two of my best friends and we have front row seats on the Bengals sideline at like 45 yard line. Players are really close to stands in IND so we go to see them talking, Dunlap came over and stretched his legs while holding the rail right next to us. Was awesome seeing Fej score that strip/TD as he's one of my favorite players too.

This year I decided since Marvin is gone I was going to go all out and get season tickets. My buddy who lives in OH committed too so we both got tickets for the year, figured Zac coming in things would be different and win or lose screw it we're going all in. I booked all my flights before the season started so I'm committed to going to the rest of them except the CLE game, I haven't booked a flight because I have some family stuff and my buddy needed my ticket. As long as Bengals make some trades/FA/Draft moves I'll renew my season tickets next year too. Although I probably will only go to a few games as it was a very hard sell with the wife on me traveling for all these games. Who Dey!

Chapter, 2:
High School Life of a Young West Coast Bengals Fan

It really wasn't all that bad, I convinced himself, while hot boxing a camel light waiting for the bus to come pick me up at the stop where it always did. It was dark at the end of the driveway with the only occasional light coming courtesy of the headlamps from cars passing by on their morning commute to work. But it was raining that morning, and with rain always came the cold wind as it barreled down the long  corridor that was my street. I was a dyed in the wool Bengals fan, but my grandmother didn't sweat the details of such things and got me that green and black Jets Starter jacket as a Christmas gift. God, I hated the Jets, but I loved my Grandmother, so I wore it religiously. This cold, rainy November morning, though, made me love that damn thing, Jets or not.

Up the street lived my best friend, Joseph. Joseph, late for the bus as usual, was incredibly good looking. Charmingly so, even. Joseph strode up with his typical, confident walk and said, "sup?". God, what I wouldn't give for just one day in his shoes. Such a cool guy. "Nothing", I repliedlied. "Just trying to choke this cig down".

"Cool", was all I got back, until he noticed my jacket. That's when all hell broke lose. "What's up with that Jets bullshit?". Joseph wasn't having it. Not this morning. Not any morning. Joseph had standards and this jacket clearly wasn't meeting them. Embarrassed, I immediately took it off, tying it around my waste so to not risk dirtying it.

Shivering now at the bus stop I noticed Joseph step closer, behind me now. We had been friends a long time, but this was unusually close, even for besties. "Want me to... warm you up?", he gently whispered in my ear. I can still feel the tingles of his hot, wintery fresh breath on the side of my neck.

"No. No, I'm fine". But, Joseph knew I wasn't ok and proceededeeded to put his arms around me in a full body hug. I'll never forget that moment. He was so warm. So strong. I'd never felt more afraid, or alive.

And, that's when I first knew.....

Chapter 3: Whodey and crosses I bare, secrets I keep.
Reply/Quote
Been to several... That's gonna stay in the past tense until further notice. I got my fill at the 49ers game a few weeks ago.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I went to the Bengals/Rams game in St. Louis back in 2011. I remember walking into my hotel with my Bengals shirt on and as I walked into the lobby, I saw Marvin Lewis. Then I saw Chris Crocker, Peko, Leon Hall, Michael Johnson. I was shook. I stayed at the same hotel as the team. I actually spoke to Maualuga for a little bit later that night when I was heading to my car. Peko also said hello to me, super nice guy.
Reply/Quote
Away game, in CLE. With girlfriend. Drunk Browns fan spit in my face, I told him he can yell all he wants, just try not to spit; it was Manziel's debut, we crushed them 30-0 and they never crossed the 50.

Surrounded by stain fans while wearing my AJ Green hoodie, I had to stay quiet, but I did talk some shit (like giving the money sign every time we sacked Johny I'll never grow up because I still have a child's name manziel) .The Browns fan who spit in my face was tossed out of the game. As soon as Manziel made one good play the guy bopped my girlfriend and I on the head, and I stood up and bent his arm backwards and told him to not touch her. As soon as I did that my girlfriend disappeared and within about 3 seconds a cop threw that guy out, lol. They replaced his seat with another Bengals fan from some other section. When the new guy looked at me, he had a black eye. They moved him because a Browns fan decked him.

CLE is a junk city filled with fat drunks.

The other game was also in CLE, endzone seat, I remember seeing Fitzpatrick throw a floater TD - I think it was to Chris Henry. The windchill was -10. Bratwurst before the game was frozen ice, the can of beer was frozen ice, there was an idiot CLE fan on the lake shirtless on a boat. Everyone had multiple handwarmers. I left at halftime because I had trouble breathing from the wind chill and felt like my life was in danger, lol.
Reply/Quote
One home game: November 11th, 2012
Opponent: New York Giants

11-hour road trip all the way from New York City with me and my co-worker (Giants fan). We stayed at the Westin with a Giants package but drove ourselves. We left at 2am and got to the hotel at 1pm.

Gameday weather was WONDERFUL! 70F and sunny!

The only ones heckling the Giants fans were the two Jets fans that came along. Those guys were funny.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Never lived in Cincy nor have I been to a home game.

Only been to away games in Miami, Atlanta and Giants Stadium. I plan on going to the Dolphins game this year. Nothing like tailgating in shorts, tank tops & flip flops in December. One time the Bengals played in Miami a group of us on these boards (total strangers) got together to tailgate. It was such a great time.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 10:26 AM)need2mellowout Wrote: Never lived in Cincy nor have I been to a home game.  

Only been to away games in Miami, Atlanta and Giants Stadium.  I plan on going to the Dolphins game this year.  Nothing like tailgating in shorts, tank tops & flip flops in December.  One time the Bengals played in Miami a group of us on these boards (total strangers) got together to tailgate.  It was such a great time.

I was thinking of trying to do a gettogether, but for Cincy it's about to get too cold and we won't be going anywhere when the weather might warm up. We should shoot for next year's home opener. I think we would all like each other(at least in the gameday thread) a lot more after we see each other's disappointed faces in our Bungles.
Reply/Quote
My favorite away games were both the Super Bowls. Miami was a better overall experience than Detroit.
Reply/Quote