Poll: Have you ever been to a Bengals Home Game or an Away Game?
Home Game
Away Game
Both Home and Away
Never Been to a Live Game
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have you ever Been To a Bengals Home Game or an Away Game?
Pretty simple have you ever been to a Bengals Home Game, or Away game? Who did you attend with (Dad, Mom, Friends, Girlfriend, Wife etc) don't need to mention names of course! And what was your favorite experience while at the Game?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:18 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Pretty simple have you ever been to a Bengals Home Game, or Away game?  Who did you attend with (Dad, Mom, Friends, Girlfriend, Wife etc) don't need to mention names of course! And what was your favorite experience while at the Game?

Been to several, with friends, with wife, and with wife and kids.

My first game will always be my favorite. It was 1988, Riverfront Stadium, WAS vs CIN. It was very cold. The Bengals won in OT on a Jim Breech FG to clinch home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Welcome to the Jungle had just been released, and they played the shit out of it...lol. The atmosphere was just electric, you could feel the stadium rocking.

Close second was my kids' first game. The overtime thriller against SEA in 2015. Man, that was a fun game, and we sat in the end zone where Nugent "doinked" in the game winner....and I got to share it with my family.

The 09 playoff loss sucked, but the whiskey made it tolerable....lol....and we had club seats. My wife and I also went to the KC game that year in the club section.

Several other fun trips....but those three stuck out. The only time I witnessed a loss was the playoff game.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Only one home game in 2004(?). Bills game in late December, -20 degrees.
Reply/Quote
I have been to games in:
Riverfront multiple times
PBS multiple times
Memorial (Baltimore pre M&T Bank) once
M&T Bank multiple times
Jacksonville once
Tampa once
Reply/Quote
Riverfront/Cinergy multiple times.
First game there was the worst, Grandfather died during the week, we drove to Cincinnati from Chicago anyway for the game and it was Klingler's first start. To this day my mother despises Barry Foster thanks to a Steeler fan sitting behind us who knew a grand total of two words and repeatedly was showing off his limited vocabulary by shouting "Go Barry, Go Barry, Go Barry!" for 3 hours straight.

Best game was on my 17th Birthday, against the Steelers (again). They lost, but I got down by the locker-room after the game, got tons of autographs, was interviewed for a post-game radio show, got onto the field and ran around a bit, then had Eric Bieniemy, Ashley Ambrose and their WAGs come up to our table at the Boathouse and hang out with me for about an hour as we finished dinner because they knew it was my B-day and I'd come from Chicago for the game. Coolest Birthday I've ever had and likely will ever have.

PBS multiple times. 
Best game was Benson's one man vendetta game against the Bears. The night before, while talking to Bears fans outside the downtown Hyatt, one of them asked how Benson was doing for us. I told him Cedric was running angry against normal NFL teams, against the Bears he'd be a madman and that the Bears were going to be destroyed. They laughed. They weren't laughing about 16 hours later.

Worst was the 2009/10 Playoff loss to the Jets.

Soldier Field (pre-UFO) at least once. 
All I remember (I was little) was that the Bears were up by less than 7 with under a minute remaining, kneeled to kill off the clock, and b/c I was a little kid and didn't understand clock management yet I started screaming at the field that the Bears were cowards and to play. For some insane reason I thought we'd have a chance with 30 seconds left if only the Bengals got the ball back.

Who I've gone with has varied. Several games with my folks. Several games with friends. Several games solo.
Reply/Quote
Two times - both vs Chargers in the 90s when they played at Jack Murphy stadium
1st time with a couple of friends and the second time with my wife
Reply/Quote
Season ticket holder in my 20th season, like PBS. Wasn't a STH when they were at Riverfront, but I attended quite a few games there as well. I have never been to an away game. Thought about going once, the 2005 game when the clinched the division in Detroit, but I didn't want to root against the Lions in their place. And, at this point, driving any further than I do now, Dayton-to-Cincinnati, seems out of the question. A plane flight to see them seems laughable.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Yes. Saints game last year with my wife.

It's pretty cool seeing the city coming in from Kentucky. Also the Roebling bridge was pretty cool to walk across.

It's a nice stadium inside.

The concession area was fairly plain and there wasn't a lot of in stadium entertainment.
Reply/Quote
Numerous home games, once at arrowhead, once at Denver and 2 times in Houston including a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
2003 vs the Texans and 2009 WC against the Jets. The WC game was COLD
Reply/Quote
I've been to one Bengals game in my life.
It was in 1987 when the Bengals beat the Giants.

I've only been to one Reds game as well. I don't remember the year but Davey Concepcion reached a milestone, it might have been his 500th RBI, I don't remember.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I've been to A LOT of baseball games in various parks. None in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
Owned season tickets for a few years. Been to several of the great tailgates our good lord blessed us with. Have never seen the Bengals play away tho. Probably best because I would be that guy you here about on the 11pm news. Actually, if it was an away game in Pittsburgh? You would here about me on 60 minutes following the game. LOL

Reply/Quote
I was flying from Australia to the US for work back in 1993, so I managed to fit in a flight to Cincinnati to attend the Dec 19th game against the Rams (I still have the ticket-stub pinned to my noticeboard). Got to Cincinnati to discover my travel agent had actually booked me into a hotel on the wrong side of the river in Kentucky! Then the taxi-driver spent most of the trip from the airport telling me about the passenger he'd had to pull a gun on the previous week, before inviting me to go for a drink that night!

With it being the week before Christmas, and very cold, and the Bengals sucking, the stadium was half-empty. Bettis had a decent game for the Rams, but they fumbled at a couple of key points and we won 15-3 for just the 2nd win of the season. The other one had been against the Raiders a few weeks earlier, so I remember someone in the stadium holding up a sign asking if Los Angeles had any other teams that we could play against :-)
Reply/Quote
Any of you other old farts go to the Seahawks game in '84? I went with my dad and uncle and i remember it being frigid. Of course, the red seats in Riverfront were always frigid when the temp was below 50, seemingly. But i'm remembering having frozen feet, i remember sleet and i remember ice balls being thrown on the field because some fans weren't happy with some calls. 

I'm also trying to remember if that's the first time the wave started at Riverfront. I remember seeing it on TV the week before, then we go to the game and people were doing it(not necessarily this game--i just remember seeing it on tv then going to a game and seeing it there). 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
1st and only Bengals game was vs AZ Cardinals with Jeff Blake in AZ when the Cards still didnt have their own stadium. Can't even remember the year, anyone want to help out? They lost easily but watching Jeff throw those bombs was pretty impressive. That's all I remember. They wore their white jerseys.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 12:16 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: 1st and only Bengals game was vs AZ Cardinals with Jeff Blake in AZ when the Cards still didnt have their own stadium. Can't even remember the year, anyone want to help out? They lost easily but watching Jeff throw those bombs was pretty impressive. That's all I remember. They wore their white jerseys.

That would have been 1994.
Reply/Quote
Went to a game in SD back in 2013 I believe. Burfict made the biggest hit on Danny Woodhead in the backfield. Burfict was the biggest person I have ever seen in my life. Some guy in the stands was good friends with A. Collins our O-lineman, which was weird at the time.
AJ Caught a pass over the middle to seal the deal in the 4th quarter, I believe we won 17-13. Its the year we lost to the Chargers in the playoffs.

More recently, went to the Seattle game this year. It was a great experience. Our fans were awesome, and we clearly got under the Seahawk fans skins as we yelled "WHO DEY NEW DAY" (little did we know that day) and we were all STOKED on how the team looked. There were WAY more Bengal fans than I expected, and many of them flew down from Canada. Seahawk fans were nice for the most part, but one of them called us a homophobic slur because we were all saying Who Dey to eachother lol. They were expecting a pretty easy win I think.

To go back to the original questions, I went to these games with my Wife. Best experience has been the camaraderie of our fanbase despite being what we are. I also really enjoyed watching the elite athletes like Burfict and AJ. You don't realize what type of bodies these dudes have until you are right there next to them (our seats were the front row directly behind the away bench, which was great for seeing the players... not the best for viewing the game)

Anyways, always a good experience, win or lose. LOVE me some Bengals football no matter what.
Reply/Quote
my father started buying season tickets in 69 and I have kept them going until 2018. I have had enough of elmer fudd owning this team and not caring about wins and losses. Combination of lack of caring for the fans and a definite lack of knowledge about how a pro team should be perennially kept up! I have gone to Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Indianapolis for the away games!
NOT ANY MORE!!! i could care less any more!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 12:58 AM)RASCAL Wrote: my father started buying season tickets in 69 and I have kept them going until 2018. I have had enough of elmer fudd owning this team and not caring about wins and losses. Combination of lack of caring for the fans and a definite lack of knowledge about how a pro team should be perennially kept up! I have gone to Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Indianapolis for the away games!
NOT ANY MORE!!! i could care less any more!!!

I'm curious, you held on during the 90s, what makes 2018 WORSE than those days? What pushed you over the edge this time, or rather what held you back last time?
Reply/Quote