Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you seen the Wooly Worms/Bears?
There is an old tale about Wooly Worms/Bears and how they may predict how mild or severe the coming winter will be by the size of the brown stripe is. The thicker the stripe the milder the winter will be.

Of course, this is just legend and there is no way to predict the weather but in my area, the Wooly Worms/Bears have no brown stripe on them at all, they are all black. If the legend is true, we will be having a really bad winter, cold and lots of snow.

Get the sleds ready...it's sled riding time!
Reply/Quote
Most of the ones I've seen are all brown, with an occasional black tip on each end. Science - go figure....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 02:20 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Most of the ones I've seen are all brown, with an occasional black tip on each end. Science - go figure....

Just going to say the same.  I think I heard brown ones means a worse winter?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Pics of Fredtoast's wooly worm available.

IM me for details.
Reply/Quote
Not sure how one of these will help you predict the weather...

[Image: tumblr_m13uwfX1UN1qamp35o1_500.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 10:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: Just going to say the same.  I think I heard brown ones means a worse winter?

According to the following link, the coloring has more to do with the previous winter: http://fox41blogs.typepad.com/wdrb_weather/2014/09/black-woolly-worms-showing-up-around-the-area-what-does-that-mean-for-the-upcoming-winter.html

I no longer know what to believe  Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote