Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Haven’t posted mock in a while.
Mock using TDN. Trade down

5. Tua tagovailoa: qb1: it’s not close. Drew brees from the left side. He’s 100 percent. No issues with ankles to worry about anymore. Easy pick

18: jedrick wills: other teams go with the high upside tackles higher and the best tackle in this class falls to us at 18. Gives us 2 bookends to protect our franchise qb

26:Kenneth Murray: best lber available and will give us some sideline to sideline speed and coverage ability at the lber position to pair with pratt.

33:aj epeneza: most have him at de, but if u look at his film he was unblockable and most of his production came while at 3-tech. Elite dlineman

39:tee Higgins wr: we get an elite wr that falls to us at 39 due to the strength of the wr class. Don’t make the same mistake everyone did(not me) with dk metcalf and the 3 cone/shuttle times. He’s elite. Aj green replacement.

65: Cole kmet: best te in the class gives us our Tyler eifert replacement and a legit go to guy at the te position.

107: Tyler badass: 1st round center a year ago suffered from bad play due to injury and falls to the 4th round. Bpa at a position of need.

147: jack Driscoll: good high upside project ot and gives us much needed depth at that position.

180: Justin strnad: lber overhaul room continues with a speedy cover lber that can back up all 3 spots and great special teamer.
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2   SMH  Rolleyes
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
“It’s not close” LOL

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 02:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “It’s not close” LOL
It’s not. Burrow is like way down the list on qbs I would take over last 5 years. Tua is my 2nd highest rated qb since luck
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 03:17 AM)Jpoore Wrote: It’s not. Burrow is like way down the list on qbs I would take over last 5 years. Tua is my 2nd highest rated qb since luck

Thats cool brah. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Tua Tagovailoa? I might sort of understand Justin Herbert at #5 but I think Tua is too much of an injury risk. He may indeed be healed and healthy now but he has a propensity to be injured much like Tyler Eifert. I like Tua and I hope he has a nice career but it won’t be in Cincinnati. Besides, we need to look at the success rate of Alabama quarterbacks in the NFL. It’s not good.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 10:09 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Tua Tagovailoa? I might sort of understand Justin Herbert at #5 but I think Tua is too much of an injury risk. He may indeed be healed and healthy now but he has a propensity to be injured much like Tyler Eifert. I like Tua and I hope he has a nice career but it won’t be in Cincinnati. Besides, we need to look at the success rate of Alabama quarterbacks in the NFL. It’s not good.

The Alabama thing is weak. You can say the same for LSU. That’s not the reason you don’t take Tua. The reason, or actually reasons, are because there’s a much better option in Burrow, and because Tua couldn’t even stay healthy at the college level. There’s no reason to believe he’s going to suddenly become a much more durable player in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 10:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Alabama thing is weak. You can say the same for LSU. That’s not the reason you don’t take Tua. The reason, or actually reasons, are because there’s a much better option in Burrow, and because Tua couldn’t even stay healthy at the college level. There’s no reason to believe he’s going to suddenly become a much more durable player in the NFL.

I'm not going to hold the sins of JaMarcus Russell over Joe Burrow!  

You're absolutely right about Tua Tagovailoa and his lack of durability.  I like the way he plays but in the modern NFL one must draft durable players.  Both Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert are better options than Tua Tagovailoa with Burrow being the obvious preferred pick.
Reply/Quote
Ummm...By your definition of where you get Tua Tagovailoa he is QB2 because Joe Burrow still went #1 overall to the Dolphins in a trade.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 10:53 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I'm not going to hold the sins of JaMarcus Russell over Joe Burrow!  

You're absolutely right about Tua Tagovailoa and his lack of durability.  I like the way he plays but in the modern NFL one must draft durable players.  Both Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert are better options than Tua Tagovailoa with Burrow being the obvious preferred pick.

While LSU QBs haven't fared well in the recent era, guys like Russell, Mettenberger, and Flynn, largely because their offensive style didn't fully prepare QBs for the NFL.  Historically, LSU has turned out a few good ones, Bert Jones and Y.A. Tittle for example.  I fully believe that had Flynn or Metenberger had the chance to play in the wide open style adopted by coach Ed Ogeron while in college, they would have fared much better in the NFL.  I also feel like had Burrow won the starting role at OSU, and continued to play under Urban Meyer's offense, he would not have been as NFL ready as he is now.  He would have been asked to run more in the read option, and not developed his vision, timing and accuracy nearly as much as he did at LSU.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's so weird to see someone say "Tua is better than Burrow, but everyone, including the team I trade with, values Burrow as at least 5 full picks more valuable than Tua. The fools. I am a big brain."

If you truly felt Tua was better than Burrow, you'd take him at 1.

It's one thing to trade down and take the risk of Tua, with the additional picks being collateral for taking on the inferior prospect in Tua. I've made a mock like that as well.

But to say that Tua is a superior prospect to Burrow is laughable.
Reply/Quote
I could live with that, but the “it’s not close” comment is classic Jpoore, totally oblivious to reality. Yeah, Tua is a risk, but so is Burrow.

Besides the Tua vs Joe debate, I’m not sure Epeneza is a good fit in a 3-4 hybrid. I think of him as a more traditional DE in 4-3, not a 3 technique in a 4-3 or an OLB in a 3-4. But, overall not bad. Your job as GM rides on Tua panning out.
Reply/Quote
I would take this draft over Burrow but in all honesty I don't think it's realistic to think Tua would last to 5. I think some team makes a deal with Washington #2.
I am not a big fan of Herbert or Love both look like protypical busts. So the best option would be to draft Burrow at this point. Unless you can get a veteran QB you believe in. Two options would be Carr from the Raiders or Newton as a free agent.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 01:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's so weird to see someone say "Tua is better than Burrow, but everyone, including the team I trade with, values Burrow as at least 5 full picks more valuable than Tua. The fools. I am a big brain."

It's one thing to trade down and take the risk of Tua, with the additional picks being collateral for taking on the inferior prospect in Tua. I've made a mock like that as well.

So 5 months ago around now.. LSU defeated Ala.. in a close game with Tua not 100% and yet we have now decided that Burrows is so much better than Tua who coming into that game was still rated by most above Burrow.... 

Burrow deserves to be picked #1 with what he accomplished this past year if we are going QB as the first pick for teams.... but if Alabama wins that game Tua stays healthy... I assume you would say the same to people to say "Burrow is a superior prospect to Tua is laughable..  correct?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 03:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So 5 months ago around now.. LSU defeated Ala.. in a close game with Tua not 100% and yet we have now decided that Burrows is so much better than Tua who coming into that game was still rated by most above Burrow.... 

Burrow deserves to be picked #1 with what he accomplished this past year if we are going QB as the first pick for teams.... but if Alabama wins that game Tua stays healthy... I assume you would say the same to people to say "Burrow is a superior prospect to Tua is laughable..  correct?

If an entire argument is based on an "if," it's not an argument at all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 01:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's so weird to see someone say "Tua is better than Burrow, but everyone, including the team I trade with, values Burrow as at least 5 full picks more valuable than Tua. The fools. I am a big brain."

I don’t have the time nor the mental capacity to word “what you just wrote about burrow and Tua is stupid.” Like that.

My big thing is you really don’t want to take a guy at the top of the 1st who hasn’t played a full season at the college level. Burrow has 2 and what he did last year.

Really not dogging tua. I want him to become a good player, but t his injuries and durability is a liability and huge cause for concern. Burrow doesn’t have that
Reply/Quote
I’d take this draft in a heart beat
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 03:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So 5 months ago around now.. LSU defeated Ala.. in a close game with Tua not 100% and yet we have now decided that Burrows is so much better than Tua who coming into that game was still rated by most above Burrow.... 

If Tua never got injured and won a game he didn't win when he was healthy (you can claim he wasn't 100%, which is subjective, but he chose to play. Burrow wasn't 100% at points in this season either, like in the national title game that he won in dominating fashion) and then, presumably, went on to win the national championship (because he was never injured, right?), then yes there would be a debate about which player is superior as a prospect.

...What's your point, exactly?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 03:34 PM)McC Wrote: If an entire argument is based on an "if," it's not an argument at all.

Actually then how about Tua was still projected ahead of Burrow till injury..no if in that one
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 05:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually then how about Tua was still projected ahead of Burrow till injury..no if in that one

Tua is not projected ahead of Burrow in the world we live in. End of story.

Reply/Quote