Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your Riser and Faller?
(04-17-2020, 01:20 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Riser: Willie Gay. I know there was the academic cheating scandal he was part of that involved 10 players, and the fight with a teammate, but this guy can run and he's an absolute thumper in the run game.

Sounds like a Steeler to me. His name and that description.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 10:46 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: My riser is Claypool. I could honestly see him going to the Vikings, Pats or Saints in round one. He’s got elite traits. Good route runner, but will get better. Great blocker. Fast, athletic. Durable. Can catch. He just needs a better QB and some coaching. He’s new to the position too, but he just keeps getting better. I could see a team plugging him into their system and having him flourish year one.

What was his previous position?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 03:14 PM)McC Wrote: What was his previous position?

One of the draft evaluations i watched mentioned that Chase thought he would play basketball but got the offer to play football. They basically lead me to believe that he didnt play much if any football in high school. Now i just looked it up and it says he played wide receiver in high school. Sorry, i was misinformed on that part. If you look at his stats he got better each year he played. Started out on special teams and excelled. Great blocker. Just a great athlete.

I watched tape of a few of his games on YouTube. I was considering picking him for the vikings in the board mock. I like what i see. Id like to see him get more consistent separation by growing as a route runner. But I’ve also seen him run some pretty good routes. I’d like to see him attack the ball more in the air. But his QB rarely gave him a good throw to work with. I think you get him in with a good qb and he can put up some numbers.

He could come in as a special teams guy. He could probably play a little tight end or receiver to spell our starters—and as a red zone threat. I think a great spot for him to go would be with the Saints though. Brees could make him into a star. I thought about him for the vikings because they run the ball a lot and a wr that can block like he can out wide would be valuable. He also gives them another red zone threat and promising young receiver with a great attitude and skillset. I just dont see many negatives with this guy—just a ton of upside.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 10:44 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: One of the draft evaluations i watched mentioned that Chase thought he would play basketball but got the offer to play football. They basically lead me to believe that he didnt play much if any football in high school. Now i just looked it up and it says he played wide receiver in high school. Sorry, i was misinformed on that part. If you look at his stats he got better each year he played. Started out on special teams and excelled. Great blocker. Just a great athlete.

I watched tape of a few of his games on YouTube. I was considering picking him for the vikings in the board mock.  I like what i see. Id like to see him get more consistent separation by growing as a route runner. But I’ve also seen him run some pretty good routes. I’d  like to see him attack the ball more in the air. But his QB rarely gave him a good throw to work with. I think you get him in with a good qb and he can put up some numbers.

He could come in as a special teams guy. He could probably play a little tight end or receiver to spell our starters—and as a red zone threat. I think a great spot for him to go would be with the Saints though. Brees could make him into a star. I thought about him for the vikings because they run the ball a lot and a wr that can block like he can out wide would be valuable. He also gives them another  red zone threat and promising young receiver with a great attitude and skillset. I just dont see many negatives with this guy—just a ton of upside.
We want to run the ball a lot too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I really hope we can snag evan weaver in the 4th. I think he is really under the radar.
Reply/Quote