Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haven't seen this mentioned yet, so.....
.....what about all of those damn drive/3rd down stops/KO return killing penalties?  Jiminy Cricket!  Not since the Oakland Raiders have I seen a team CONTINUOUSLY shoot itself in the foot with so many critical penalties.  To me, that is lack of discipline and focus.  That's coaching.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sure it isn't because Dalton did not yell and jump around on the sidelines?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sure it isn't because Dalton did not yell and jump around on the sidelines?

Don't be silly, fred. It's because of the face he makes after he throws an INT.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
BTW I have to agree that this goes to coaching.

When it is one player doing it over and over again like Redmond was earlier in the season you have to look at the player, but it seemed like everyone got into the act yesterday.

I said the same thing about missed tackles. If it was just one or two players then blame them, but when everyone on defense is missing tackles you have to look at the coaches.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sure it isn't because Dalton did not yell and jump around on the sidelines?

Gotta rep you on that one.... :andy: LMAO

(11-26-2018, 12:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW I have to agree that this goes to coaching.

When it is one player doing it over and over again like Redmond was earlier in the season you have to look at the player, but it seemed like everyone got into the act yesterday.

I said the same thing about missed tackles.  If it was just one or two players then blame them, but when everyone on defense is missing tackles you have to look at the coaches.

Yeah, I think so too.  It reminds me of watching my FSU squad over the last few seasons.  Undisciplined and penalties galore.  I honestly believe the penalties were the biggest the culprit in yesterday's loss.  Erickson had a nice answer to the Browns opening drive with a very good return, only to be negated by penalty.  We had a sack that would have forced the Browns to punt, negated by penalty.  HUGE catch by Tyler Boyd on a Hail Mary, negated by penalty.  These are just three big swings against us.  This isn't mentioning all of the other costly drive stalling penalties throughout the game.

Reply/Quote
We false started like three times on that final drive also.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:42 PM)Goalpost Wrote: We false started like three times on that final drive also.

Yep, living behind the chains is no way to win a football game.

Reply/Quote
Fred.....I gotta ask your opinion, position coaches, coordinators, HC, or all of the above?

Reply/Quote

If he actually did the players would probably piss themselves from laughing and be unable to even take the field.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: Gotta rep you on that one.... :andy: LMAO

Yeah, I think so too.  It reminds me of watching my FSU squad over the last few seasons.  Undisciplined and penalties galore.  I honestly believe the penalties were the biggest the culprit in yesterday's loss.  Erickson had a nice answer to the Browns opening drive with a very good return, only to be negated by penalty.  We had a sack that would have forced the Browns to punt, negated by penalty.  HUGE catch by Tyler Boyd on a Hail Mary, negated by penalty.  These are just three big swings against us.  This isn't mentioning all of the other costly drive stalling penalties throughout the game.

Yep, complete and total lack of discipline and no accountability. This team is about a -1 or the care meter. Then Marvin says it wasn't lack of effort ! He's lost it you could tell it in the presser.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Fred.....I gotta ask your opinion, position coaches, coordinators, HC, or all of the above?

I'm not Fred but my 2 cents.

If MB had a brain and did the right thing and hired a new outside HC he should let him fill his entire staff out as he sees fit. If that means they all get fired so be it. If it means the new HC keeps Van Pelt and Pollack or just one of them or Simmons or whatever the case may be I'm ok with it.

Basically speaking as long as Marvin and Hue are History I'm fine with however the chips fall after that.

P.S. I don't think Lazor is the answer at OC either.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW I have to agree that this goes to coaching.

I said the same thing about missed tackles.  If it was just one or two players then blame them, but when everyone on defense is missing tackles you have to look at the coaches.

Yep. How many false starts did the line have? Pollack isn't the golden boy anymore.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....what about all of those damn drive/3rd down stops/KO return killing penalties?  Jiminy Cricket!  Not since the Oakland Raiders have I seen a team CONTINUOUSLY shoot itself in the foot with so many critical penalties.  To me, that is lack of discipline and focus.  That's coaching.

It is beyond frustrating. I cant believe how often our non-offensive line players jump offsides. Wr's , Tight ends ... etc

I bet in bed our O-line starts thrusting before the women even get their clothes off. 
Reply/Quote