Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having surgery tomorrow.
(10-15-2021, 10:40 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'll tell you one thing, these Oxycontin they gave me are quite nice.

Get well and be careful with the opioids.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 12:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Get well and be careful with the opioids.  

They only gave me a weeks worth.  Pills aren't my thing though.  I'm good.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 02:14 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: They only gave me a weeks worth.  Pills aren't my thing though.  I'm good.

It’s FUNBAGS!!!

There’s my guy! He’s back!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 02:14 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: They only gave me a weeks worth.  Pills aren't my thing though.  I'm good.

Spread them out. Too close together and you'll be going through withdraw.. I do know a little bit about a little bit about the subject.. Even a weeks worth can have some nasty consequences. It really doesn't take a lot to get stuck in a pattern for awhile.. I think I'd rather get my legs chopped off than have to go through withdraw again.. Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 10:54 AM)grampahol Wrote: Spread them out. Too close together and you'll be going through withdraw.. I do know a little bit about a little bit about the subject.. Even a weeks worth can have some nasty consequences. It really doesn't take a lot to get stuck in a pattern for awhile.. I think I'd rather get my legs chopped off than have to go through withdraw again.. Nervous

I quit taking them, they're making me sick, and they're not really helping.  Believe me gramps, I don't want to be addicted to pain pills.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 04:37 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I quit taking them, they're making me sick, and they're not really helping.  Believe me gramps, I don't want to be addicted to pain pills.

As a veteran of many operations I can understand why you were frightened in the first place. I’m so glad you’re recovering well and I absolutely despise opioids too. After my heart surgery I was given Fentanyl and not being able to poop, a common side effect of opioids, was far worse than the pain of getting my sternum ripped open with a saw.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 02:14 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: They only gave me a weeks worth.  Pills aren't my thing though.  I'm good.

I'll tell you this: I could get hooked on morphine very easily..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 07:10 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Friday.  6:00 and I'm home.  My leg hurts like hell, but I've got new arteries!

I'm pretty late to seeing the thread, but I sure am glad to see the first half of this post!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 07:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As a veteran of many operations I can understand why you were frightened in the first place.  I’m so glad you’re recovering well and I absolutely despise opioids too.  After my heart surgery I was given Fentanyl and not being able to poop, a common side effect of opioids, was far worse than the pain of getting my sternum ripped open with a saw.

I'm with you on that.  It's easing a bit and I'm just taking Advil, also for the swelling.  My leg is really swollen, I was told to expect that.  Thanks for the well wishes.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 08:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'm pretty late to seeing the thread, but I sure am glad to see the first half of this post!

Thanks man.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll tell you this: I could get hooked on morphine very easily..

I had some right after my surgery.  Really wild stuff.  But it's pretty easy to OD on isn't it?
Reply/Quote
Glad you're ok. I had emergency appendectomy 3 years ago. H ad a bad stomach ache, gutted it out, deadheaded home from Dexter, then got checked out and diagnosed at home. It was a good thing, because apparently even routine procedures are high adventure at Dexter's hospital! Anyway, glad your ok
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:25 PM)SladeX Wrote: Glad you're ok. I had emergency appendectomy 3 years ago. H ad a bad stomach ache, gutted it out, deadheaded home from Dexter, then got checked out and diagnosed at home. It was a good thing, because apparently even routine procedures are high adventure at Dexter's hospital! Anyway,  glad your ok

Thanks dude.
Reply/Quote
Well guys, it's been a week since I've been home. I'm doing really well. I can already tell this surgery was successful, I am getting circulation down to my legs. I was to the point where I couldn't even walk to the damn mailbox.

But I'm up and moving really well. No signs of infection, and no addiction to pain pills. Lol I have my own form of "natural" pain management. Cool
Reply/Quote
Late to the party, glad it all went well TT! Keep getting better brother!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: Late to the party, glad it all went well TT! Keep getting better brother!

Thanks a lot buddy.  Haven't talked to you in a while.  Hope everyone is good on your end man.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll tell you this: I could get hooked on morphine very easily..

I've had issues with pain medications over the years from pills to heroin to fents and methadone treatment a few times.. I wish it hadn't gotten me, but it became my drug of choice for a long time after giving up drinking.. I've learned how to manage use, but I'd never want to go back to street drugs for anything. methadone is rough too, but a whole lot better than looking for a hit every day as a full time job.. When people get addicted big time it does become a full time job just trying to both afford it as well as finding it.. I don't recommend it for anyone.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

I mean it's basically heroin.
Reply/Quote
Going to have all 600 staples removed Tuesday. Lol Well, maybe 50. But somehow I know it's going to be a lot of fun. But otherwise ladies, I'm recovering amazingly fast.
Reply/Quote