Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii Missle Alert "Error" Happened In Japan Too
This makes the idea that it was employee/user error that they accidentally sent out the message much less likely in my eyes. One guy makes a mistake, sure. But two people make the same mistake days apart on the opposite side of the country, both of whom just so happen to be residents of countries that have been threatened by NK?

This smells of a coverup. It looks like the alert system got hacked and rather than admit the alert system that is supposed to warn people of an impending missile attack was compromised, they chose this story.

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-japan-mistaken-missile-alert-20180116-story.html
Quote:Japan's public broadcaster mistakenly sent an alert Tuesday warning citizens of a North Korean missile launch and urging them to seek immediate shelter, then minutes later corrected it, days after a similar error in Hawaii.

NHK television issued the message on its internet and mobile news sites as well as on Twitter, saying North Korea appeared to have fired a missile at Japan. It said the government was telling people to evacuate and take shelter.

"North Korea appears to have fired a missile," NHK said, adding that a government warning had been issued. "The government: Seek shelter inside buildings and basements."

The false alarm came just days after Hawaii's Emergency Management Agency sent a mistaken warning of a North Korean missile attack to mobile phones across the state, triggering panic.

NHK said the mistake was the result of an error by a staff member who was operating the alert system for online news, but did not elaborate. NHK deleted the tweet and text warning after several minutes, issued a correction and apologized several times on air and on other formats.

"The flash was a mistake," NHK said. "We are very sorry."

Tension has grown in Japan over North Korean missile tests as they have flown closer to Japanese coasts. NHK and other Japanese media generally alert each missile test, and the government has issued emergency notices when the missiles flew over Japan.

Japan also is stepping up its missile intercepting capabilities and conducting missile drills across the country in which residents, including schoolchildren and elderly people, rush to community centers, cover their heads and duck to the floor. A major drill is planned in downtown Tokyo next week.

Unlike the mistaken Hawaii warning, the NHK alert did not contain the statement, "This is not a drill." NHK was able to correct its error in a few minutes, far faster than the nearly 40 minutes that lapsed before the Hawaii alert was withdrawn.

The Hawaii agency has changed its protocols to require that two people send an alert and made it easier to cancel a false alarm.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
That is a rather alarming coincidence.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-16-2018, 05:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This smells of a coverup. It looks like the alert system got hacked and rather than admit the alert system that is supposed to warn people of an impending missile attack was compromised, they chose this story.

You got it all wrong.  There was a cover up, but it was for the fact that missiles actually were fired, but either failed or were destroyed before reaching their targets.
(01-16-2018, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You got it all wrong.  There was a cover up, but it was for the fact that missiles actually were fired, but either failed or were destroyed before reaching their targets.

Wrong!

It was about Obama's birth certificate!

Mellow

http://www.newshounds.us/joe_arpaio_suggests_hi_false_missile_alert_conspiracy_involving_obama_birth_certificate_011418

Quote:Joe Arpaio Suggests HI False Missile Alert Was Part Of A Conspiracy Involving Obama’s Birth Certificate

image: https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/newshounds/pages/10693/attachments/original/1515985579/Pirro_Arpaio_011318.png?1515985579
[Image: Pirro_Arpaio_011318.png?1515985579]
Joe Arpaio weighed in on the terrible incident in Hawaii yesterday, when residents were erroneously alerted that a ballistic missile was on its way, by suggesting it was tied to some kind of cover up of President Barack Obama’s birth certificate.

Republican Arpaio, Arizona's newly-minted U.S. Senate candidate, made another visit to Fox News on his (possibly sham) campaign trail last night, this time joining the Trump-worshiping host, Jeanine Pirro.

Arpaio began by waving his own Trump-worshiping credentials before the audience:

Quote:ARPAIO: Getting a little over-dramatic and romantic, I never had a hero in my life. It took me 75 years to find a hero and that’s the president.

Shortly thereafter, Pirro asked for Arpaio’s thoughts on the Hawaii incident. “You seem to have some thoughts about what happened there earlier today,” she said. That suggests that a producer knew what his thoughts were and had urged her to have him voice them on the show.

Quote:ARPAIO: I don’t want to get into it, but I know doing a certain investigation on a fake, fraudulent government document, they couldn’t even solve that case. They don’t even want to look at it. So either they’re incompetent or there’s something behind it.

To her credit, Pirro wasn’t having any of it this time (unlike in 2011, when she was aboard Trump’s birther train). Now, she broke in to say, “I gotta push back on that a little bit. That document, the long form was filed. Let’s put that one away. I want to talk about what happened today in Hawaii. You had some specific thoughts about what happened today.”

But Arpaio had no other “thoughts” on what happened:

Quote:ARPAIO: The only thing I’m saying, they can’t even solve a phony document so now they got a problem – there’s something wrong with that government.

Pirro moved on, saying, “They did solve that and I’m gonna keep pushing back on that.”

Watch Arpaio try to spread a crazy conspiracy theory about a state nowhere near Arizona below, from the January 13, 2018 Justice with Judge Jeanine. I’m going to predict this does nothing to impede him from appearing on Fox News again as a legitimate candidate and conservative voice.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-16-2018, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You got it all wrong.  There was a cover up, but it was for the fact that missiles actually were fired, but either failed or were destroyed before reaching their targets.

(01-17-2018, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wrong!

Mellow

http://www.newshounds.us/joe_arpaio_suggests_hi_false_missile_alert_conspiracy_involving_obama_birth_certificate_011418

Thanks for contributing to the very real question/doubt about how likely two of the exact same enormous errors happened in extremely important programs just days apart with mockery.

(01-17-2018, 12:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Thanks for contributing to the very real question/doubt about how likely two of the exact same enormous errors happened in extremely important programs just days apart with mockery.

C'mon, that would require GMDino to actually think and process facts.  It's much easier to throw out half assed sarcasm.  As for the thread topic, the idea of the alert system being hacked makes the most sense.
(01-17-2018, 12:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Thanks for contributing to the very real question/doubt about how likely two of the exact same enormous errors happened in extremely important programs just days apart with mockery.

I assume you meant to address this to FOX News:

http://insider.foxnews.com/contact-us

Glad to help.

Rock On

Thank you for doing the same.  My theory is just as valid as yours.

No one has anything to gain by hacking a system and sending out false reports, but a lot of people have a lot to gain by hiding the fact that North Korea is still firing missiles even after being told not to by foreignh leaders.
(01-17-2018, 12:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: I assume you meant to address this to FOX News:

http://insider.foxnews.com/contact-us

Glad to help.

Rock On

You act like I reference, support, or even watch Fox News. I don't. So I don't get what point you're trying to make?

(01-17-2018, 12:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You act like I reference, support, or even watch Fox News. I don't. So I don't get what point you're trying to make?

Sorry.  I'll be more clear:

I posted a link to a story about FOX News having a guest that mocked the actual event.  

I assumed the response posted was meant for FOX since they had that story and didn't treat is respectfully.
(01-17-2018, 01:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry.  I'll be more clear:

I posted a link to a story about FOX News having a guest that mocked the actual event.  

I assumed the response posted was meant for FOX since they had that story and didn't treat is respectfully.

No, the response was to you because you entered a non-partisan thread and immediately made it partisan for absolutely no reason other than you can't help yourself with your Trump obsession.

(01-17-2018, 01:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No, the response was to you because you entered a non-partisan thread and immediately made it partisan for absolutely no reason other than you can't help yourself with your Trump obsession.

The post was about Obama.

Mellow

It was also a look into the conspiracy filled mind of some folks.
(01-17-2018, 01:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: The post was about Obama.

Mellow

It was also a look into the conspiracy filled mind of some folks.

The very first part of the article you linked/quoted...

Quote:Joe Arpaio weighed in on the terrible incident in Hawaii yesterday, when residents were erroneously alerted that a ballistic missile was on its way, by suggesting it was tied to some kind of cover up of President Barack Obama’s birth certificate.

Republican Arpaio, Arizona's newly-minted U.S. Senate candidate, made another visit to Fox News on his (possibly sham) campaign trail last night, this time joining the Trump-worshiping host, Jeanine Pirro.

Arpaio began by waving his own Trump-worshiping credentials before the audience:

Literally three sentences in and it already mentions Trump twice.

(01-17-2018, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thank you for doing the same.  My theory is just as valid as yours.

No one has anything to gain by hacking a system and sending out false reports, but a lot of people have a lot to gain by hiding the fact that North Korea is still firing missiles even after being told not to by foreignh leaders.

I very much disagree. Hacking an alert system like this can instill fear. It creates fear with the false alert itself, populations fearing the worst has come. It creates fear in the knowledge that if a system can be hacked to send out an alert, what about preventing one from being sent? It allows the person(s) hacking the system observe the reaction of the populous. It creates uncertainty in a population were a real alert to occur.

There are so many reasons why an enemy would hack systems like this that it could go on and on. They have plenty to gain from doing so, the question then becomes who has the most to gain?
(01-17-2018, 01:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The very first part of the article you linked/quoted...

Literally three sentences in and it already mentions Trump twice.

Ths conspiracy was about Obama.

Trump was mentioned as descriptive of the people in the story.
(01-17-2018, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wrong!

Mellow

It seems you are implying that he's saying the false alerts have something to do with the birth certificate nonsense.  Dude lost his mind a while back.  He doesn't need any extra help.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-18-2018, 05:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It seems you are implying that he's saying the false alerts have something to do with the birth certificate nonsense.  Dude lost his mind a while back.  He doesn't need any extra help.

Dude is running for office AND was a special guest on FOX News.  Tell them...not me. Smirk