Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Obarski any real competition for Nugent?
Anyone know how Nugent and Obarski are looking in camp?

I see a note every once in a while that says how many each made or missed, but I have not seen anything that compares the two or says which is looking better.

I never really considered Obarski a threat to Nugent, but I would still like to know what is going on with them.
Reply/Quote
I think for now he's not. (Though I'd like him to be).

I think he becomes a threat in the Preseason games.
He will get to try and hit some long field goals at some point during the preseason in game. If he hits everything and can hit it from further than Nugent, he has got a chance.
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
Uh oh, I just bought a warehouse of these:

[Image: CEp38o_WoAEi0uj.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought the other kicker we had the last offseason showed good during the preseason and was legitimate competition. Nuge still "won" the job (and we still paid him the franchise tag number I think), so not sure if this guy is or not.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 12:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: I thought the other kicker we had the last offseason showed good during the preseason and was legitimate competition. Nuge still "won" the job (and we still paid him the franchise tag number I think), so not sure if this guy is or not.

yep, that was Quinn Sharp. Still didn't understand that one.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 11:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone know how Nugent and Obarski are looking in camp?

I see a note every once in a while that says how many each made or missed, but I have not seen anything that compares the two or says which is looking better.

I never really considered Obarski a threat to Nugent, but I would still like to know what is going on with them.

probly like last year they say its a compitition but its probly just to have a name to call if nuge gets hurt again.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 01:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: probly like last year they say its a compitition but its probly just to have a name to call if nuge gets hurt again.

He could make the PS which makes some sense if Nuge goes down (See PIT kicker currently).  Then he could practice with the same holders and snappers and (hopefully) we wouldn't miss a beat.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Coley Harvey ‏@ColeyHarvey 18m18 minutes ago
Backup kicker Tom Obarski just buried a 54-yard field goal that probably had another 10 or 15 yards to spare #Bengals
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 06:01 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Coley Harvey ‏@ColeyHarvey  18m18 minutes ago
Backup kicker Tom Obarski just buried a 54-yard field goal that probably had another 10 or 15 yards to spare #Bengals

WOW.

That's impressive.

I'd like to know how his accuracy is with all other kicks, along with consistency, but a dude with a leg that strong is a weapon on his own and it does great things for an offense when you're in field goal range from a lot farther out.
Reply/Quote
Practice squad player. Good luck but Nuge is not going anywhere this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 06:01 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Coley Harvey ‏@ColeyHarvey  18m18 minutes ago

Oh-boy-ski!!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 06:01 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Coley Harvey ‏@ColeyHarvey 18m18 minutes ago

Well, that seals it: it's Nugent's job. Unless he has a pre-season like that bad stretch last year, it's probably his job until his leg falls off.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 12:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Uh oh, I just bought a warehouse of these:

[Image: CEp38o_WoAEi0uj.jpg]

The name alone on the jersey looks like a future stud PK.  Shades of Vinatieri, Sternerud, Yepremiam, Hauschka, Suisham, Gostkowski, Janikowski, Reviez, Igwibuieke and lastly, Muhlmann.

I'd say he has a chance! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Hobson usually states when we have a kicking competition. I thought we'd get one with Obarski, but Hobson has sais that he's only here to give Nugent some rest. I wish we'd actually push Nugent and not play the loyalty card, but that isn't happening. Nugent will be our kicker unless he does really bad for 4-5 straight games in the regular season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
There was a camp note the other day about how Obarski didn't have a single miss that day. I'll look for it if people want me to post the link.

I think he's there in case of injury. And I do trust the coaches with this stuff, even it we are sometimes a little slow to move on from a guy.

Reply/Quote
While it's true that Nuge is our kicker barring injury, I think there is a chance he could lose the job in preseason. Don't forget, XPs have been moved back and Nuge was inconsistent last year. I could see the possibility that if Nuge is inconsistent, especially from medium distance, that they decide to move on from him (assuming Obarski hasn't been inconsistent as well).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nugent would have to go on a terrible streak for him to lose his spot.
Reply/Quote
I believe everyone is correct in saying Nuge is a lock. But man do I wish that wasn't the case. I don't wanna say he's been inconsistent, still he's been less than consistent, and makes me nervous more often than not. I was pumped when he hit that 54(?) yarder in the playoffs last season but that may've been more surprise than anything else.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote