Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hayden Hurst can block
Not sure if this was already posted but pancacking a DE is always sweet.

Reply/Quote
I imagine we'll be extending Hurst this offseason. He really loves the team and they love him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I did see the commentators praise Williams on a block as well. Idk how he did overall in blocking but he did well for that one play. Nice to see the other RB’s blocking well. Mixon needs to really improve there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The game commentators said Hurst had lost the love of the game when he was with Atlanta. Now, they say he has it back. Maybe that's why he's playing like a beast.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:19 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I imagine we'll be extending Hurst this offseason. He really loves the team and they love him.

I'm 100% with you. He's turned out to be a combo of Eifert and Uzomah . . . I just don't know if re-signing him is their plan.

I'm hoping they can find a way to keep him, but I could see this as a FA compensatory pick if it's allowed off of only a one year deal.

Extending Higgins and Wilson this off-season and then Burrow the following season may be easier with a draft pick at the TE position instead of committing big money to an established FA(see Jessie Bates). Hurst may be a casualty due to his, and his fellow team mates', success. Some other team may want to A) improve their team and hope to B) weaken Cincinnati at the same time and offer him Uzomah money.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 05:32 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I'm 100% with you. He's turned out to be a combo of Eifert and Uzomah . . . I just don't know if re-signing him is their plan.

I'm hoping they can find a way to keep him, but I could see this as a FA compensatory pick if it's allowed off of only a one year deal.

Extending Higgins and Wilson this off-season and then Burrow the following season may be easier with a draft pick at the TE position instead of committing big money to an established FA(see Jessie Bates). Hurst may be a casualty due to his, and his fellow team mates', success. Some other team may want to A) improve their team and hope to B) weaken Cincinnati at the same time and offer him Uzomah money.

Wilson yes, Higgins i think will be beyond our ability to keep both him and Chase. So that leaves money for Hurst.

Now if we get back to the SB and win it this time... players will be getting insane offers, flip side, good players chasing a ring will take less... 
not only that, but Burrow in the NFL for 4 years, 2x to the SB??? Players will be thinking... this guy is the next Tom Brady and i want to be a part of that
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:16 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure if this was already posted but pancacking a DE is always sweet.

That audio is priceless....And any time a steeler, or former steeler, gets decleated is a good thing in my book.  Well done, Hayden.  
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 04:13 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The game commentators said Hurst had lost the love of the game when he was with Atlanta. Now, they say he has it back. Maybe that's why he's playing like a beast.

It is said in the business world that people don't leave bad companies, they leave bad managers.  Hayden probably felt (twice) that he wasn't appreciated or even incorporated in to the plan as both teams he had played for took a TE in the first round after he was already on the team.  Not only that, but his targets greatly diminished.  

Glad he is here, and I love his story.  Good dude that plays with fire.  Blue collar type on the field.  No surprise Cincy loves him.  
Reply/Quote
LOL "where'd that truck come from?"
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 04:13 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The game commentators said Hurst had lost the love of the game when he was with Atlanta. Now, they say he has it back. Maybe that's why he's playing like a beast.

I don't know if he lost his love for he game.  He just kept getting replaced by people.  In Baltimore he got beat out by Andrews because Andrews is an amazing TE.  Then he went to Atlanta and actually had pretty decent season 571 Yds and 6 TDs in 2020.  But in 2021 Atalanta drafted Pitts and Hurst found himself playing second fiddle again. 

Now he landed in Cincinnati where he got his shot to shine again.  He's taking advantage of that opportunity, seems to appreciate the opportunity and appears to really like being here. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 10:47 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't know if he lost his love for he game.  He just kept getting replaced by people.  In Baltimore he got beat out by Andrews because Andrews is an amazing TE.  Then he went to Atlanta and actually had pretty decent season 571 Yds and 6 TDs in 2020.  But in 2021 Atalanta drafted Pitts and Hurst found himself playing second fiddle again. 

Now he landed in Cincinnati where he got his shot to shine again.  He's taking advantage of that opportunity, seems to appreciate the opportunity and appears to really like being here. 

From what the announcers said it was Hurst who made the statements that he lost the love for the game. They were just relaying what he said. I don't know how verbatim they were with what he shared but I believe he's also openly talked about battling depression and other things as well. So it's not a stretch to believe he talked about this with them. 
Reply/Quote
Hurst is sorta quietly having himself a pretty good season. 46 receptions, 388 yards, 2 TD's with 6 games to go. And when you consider he's on a team with one of the best WR trio's in the league.
Reply/Quote
They need to draft a TE this year and bring Hurst back. There is room on this team for both. Run some two TE sets.

Sample needs to go bye bye.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 09:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That audio is priceless....And any time a steeler, or former steeler, gets decleated is a good thing in my book.  Well done, Hayden.  

Former steeler and former Ky Wildcat, twice as sweet for me.

Not an easy task either, Dupree pancaked Jonah on the first drive on the play after Burrow ran for a first down. Didn't effect anything per Burrow threw the ball so quick though. 

What a awesome block by Hurst !!!

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 10:57 AM)TheFan Wrote: From what the announcers said it was Hurst who made the statements that he lost the love for the game. They were just relaying what he said. I don't know how verbatim they were with what he shared but I believe he's also openly talked about battling depression and other things as well. So it's not a stretch to believe he talked about this with them. 

I didn't catch most of the game so didn't hear what they said.  I know earlier in the year he stated that last season he was struggling and not enjoying football when he was talking about how much he appreciates being in Cincinnati. 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/10/1/23381485/hayden-hurst-says-hes-found-his-home-with-bengals

Quote:Just from where I was last year, kind of struggling, not enjoying football, to coming here and being presented an opportunity,” Hurst said after Thursday’s win. “I was telling the guys I feel like I’ve gone to heaven coming here. It’s just incredible. Coaches value me, I’m being used the right way. It’s taken five years, but I think I’ve finally found a home.

I suppose saying you were not enjoying football can be interpreted as lost love for the game.  And yes he has been open about his battle with depression.  There is a very good video where he talks about it. 

Anyway no matter how he felt in the past I'm glad he is here.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:11 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Wilson yes, Higgins i think will be beyond our ability to keep both him and Chase. So that leaves money for Hurst.

Now if we get back to the SB and win it this time... players will be getting insane offers, flip side, good players chasing a ring will take less... 
not only that, but Burrow in the NFL for 4 years, 2x to the SB??? Players will be thinking... this guy is the next Tom Brady and i want to be a part of that

Agree that Higgins will not be affordable and set up for for a monster contract from a team looking for a #1. Hope I'm wrong because like the kid a lot but he deserves the raise. Could tag him and keep for one extra year but not really a fan of this if you know you're not going to able to keep anyway. 
(11-28-2022, 10:19 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: LOL "where'd that truck come from?"

Hard not to like Hayden just on his receiving skills and passion,  then blocks like this make me love him. 
(11-28-2022, 11:17 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They need to draft a TE this year and bring Hurst back. There is room on this team for both. Run some two TE sets.

Sample needs to go bye bye.

Wouldn't mind seeing this either, but still want to keep Wilcox as well

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Holic posted that last night in another thread, man, he just decleated Dupree. BOOM!!!Mad
Reply/Quote
I think the team will re-sign Hurst with little effort to a fair deal. This guy lost baseball then battled depression, switched to football and lost the love for that as well after playing for 2 teams where he did not get a chance to shine. He's found a home here and appears very happy and is exceling in his game. That's hard to leave for a few extra dollars. I imagine these guys have been around long enough to take into account leaving a culture like Taylor has established here .
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 09:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is said in the business world that people don't leave bad companies, they leave bad managers.  Hayden probably felt (twice) that he wasn't appreciated or even incorporated in to the plan as both teams he had played for took a TE in the first round after he was already on the team.  Not only that, but his targets greatly diminished.  

Glad he is here, and I love his story.  Good dude that plays with fire.  Blue collar type on the field.  No surprise Cincy loves him.  

This ^. Hayden has been in two bad situations, no doubt we are his first preference.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 09:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That audio is priceless....And any time a steeler, or former steeler, gets decleated is a good thing in my book.  Well done, Hayden.  

Once a stooler, always a stooler.  Suck it Dupree.
Reply/Quote