Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hayes stays
I think the only guy on the offensive staff left is Urban, who might be the biggest question mark. They're probably waiting to see what Guenther does before signing the defensive staff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sounds like everyone will be back but Alexander, and they'll spin it as something new an innovative that will bring about change.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I figured he'd be back.

Good coach, he taught Eifert, Gresh, Kroft and Ceej to become (competent or better) blockers, after they all did little to none of it in college.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
So the entire turnover on the staff that managed to take the talent we have on offense and produced the worst offense in the league is coming back intact save the OL coach?

Color me unimpressed.
Reply/Quote
The big question about offense is are we still going to play conservative and after we build a 2 touchdown led are we just going to run the ball and try to run the clock out and pray we hold on for a win. Getting rid of the o line coach was a very good move but the o line was holding everyone back so it would be hard to judge Lazor and the WR coach and the RB coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:58 PM)snowy Wrote: I think the only guy on the offensive staff left is Urban, who might be the biggest question mark. They're probably waiting to see what Guenther does before signing the defensive staff.

Yeah hard to get a read on Urban....Marvin was saying they had an exciting group of receivers in his conference call but obviously they have not performed as well this year (including AJ) and there was the whole Ross farago...so don't know if he is tainted by that.

He did develop MJones and Sanu and got boyd to produce in his rookie year so I thought he was one of the safer assistants
Reply/Quote
Another lifer!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:35 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: So the entire turnover on the staff that managed to take the talent we have on offense and produced the worst offense in the league is coming back intact save the OL coach?

Color me unimpressed.

After last season, the only real turnover may be on Defense. Raise your hand if you though the D was the weak link of the team? The D has carried this team for years. But that's where we'll see the big change.

Not really impressed. None of our TE's have lived up to their potential (won't blame him for Eifert). Maybe it's the OC who can't use them right.

Reply/Quote
Ok
Reply/Quote
Would of rather moved on from Hayes, been here forever, the better Hayes was the DL coach we used to have IMO.

Eifert would of played well regardless of the coach with his talent. I think Kroft should be used more as a Receiver,
same with Uzi, but i guess this is not Hayes fault. He actually does coach his TE's to block pretty well.

Still want more youth around here. Getting rid of PA was huge but still need to freshen this place up.

A new DC and new LB coach would really help right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:54 AM)jj22 Wrote: After last season, the only real turnover may be on Defense. Raise your hand if you though the D was the weak link of the team? The D has carried this team for years. But that's where we'll see the big change.

Last in stopping the run and one of the worst on 3rd down...

The Defense was a MAJOR disappointment last year, major.
Reply/Quote
Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:... He actually does coach his TE's to block pretty well.

So it seems. Uzomah took a big step forward year before last, but didn't really progress this season. He didn't regress, either, don't get me wrong. Seems like Kroft learned how to block all of a sudden, which was sorely missing from his game before. They've both turned into pretty reliable guys.
Reply/Quote
Hayes isn't the problem. Marvin's boyhood friend, I get that, but our TE's are solid. Urban, I can't say one way or another. We definately need to figure out separation or change our routes. Opposing Dbs know what we are running all time..
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:55 PM)snowy Wrote: So it seems. Uzomah took a big step forward year before last, but didn't really progress this season. He didn't regress, either, don't get me wrong. Seems like Kroft learned how to block all of a sudden, which was sorely missing from his game before. They've both turned into pretty reliable guys.

Also, both those guys were decent blockers in college. Weren't targeted much in the passing game in college.

Just wish both would be better in the passing game by now especially with Eifert out.

Uzomah has a rare size/speed combination of talent. Kroft had a pretty good year though.

(01-04-2018, 04:01 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Hayes isn't the problem. Marvin's boyhood friend, I get that, but our TE's are solid. Urban, I can't say one way or another. We definately need to figure out separation or change our routes. Opposing Dbs know what we are running all time..

Need to scrap that whole playbook and start over. Cannot have the Defenses knowing your routes.

I think this hampered our Offense a lot with Lazor having to run Zamp's predictable scheme.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Last in stopping the run and one of the worst on 3rd down...

The Defense was a MAJOR disappointment last year, major.

They had a bad year yes, some of that can be attributed to them playing 4x's the snaps the offense did this year.

The D has been the backbone of this team for awhile outside of 2015.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 04:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: They had a bad year yes, some of that can be attributed to them playing 4x's the snaps the offense did this year.

I buy that to a certain extent. Keep in mind, I think our D was last in 3rd down stoppage. Way to many 3rd and long not stopped. 
Reply/Quote
It seems everyone has their own micro managing ideas of who is at fault for, well, everything. It still begins at the top and goes from there. 
The TEs seem to be doing ok. Running backs are running backs. 
Sometimes players just aren't quite up to the task and sometimes coaches aren't. 
Clearly they're not going to scrap the entire coaching staff and roll the dice on all new people and neither should they. Some are decent coaches, some aren't. It's pretty clear there's at least an attempt to find the right combination of coaches and players and nobody is going to know if they found the right pieces at the same time until the next season unfolds. 
They're not going to do it on your time according to your wishes so there's not a whole lot of point to trying to micro manage every aspect of everything they do. 
Personally I think they're going to do whatever they're going to do and one of those things is to not pay a hell of a lot of attention to what upset fans think they should do. It's not a democracy where everyone gets a vote and the idea that giving up on this team or another isn't going to change how the league or this team does business. That's a fools errand. 
I'll read up on them and what's going on from time to time, but I'm not under the illusion that they're in any way, shape or form accountable to my whims and wishes..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We should have moved on from Hayes..hes soft.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 04:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: They had a bad year yes, some of that can be attributed to them playing 4x's the snaps the offense did this year.

For sure, but if they didn't play that soft zone crap that Paulie G was putting out there they might of stopped teams
on 3rd down more often and got of the field. A change at DC would be a breath of fresh air after last year, tons of
talent on Defense for Paulie to work with.

These Corners should of been playing man to man MUCH more often, i put this on Guenther and Coyle.

(01-04-2018, 04:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I buy that to a certain extent. Keep in mind, I think our D was last in 3rd down stoppage. Way to many 3rd and long not stopped. 

I knew they were last in stopping the run. To also be last in 3rd down stoppage? Terrible man.

The Offense sure didn't help them out but still find this unacceptable with our players on D.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like everyone will be back but Alexander, and they'll spin it as something new an innovative that will bring about change.

getting rid of mikes adopted son paul alexander is a gigantic move  
Reply/Quote