Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He Who Shall Not Be Named...
Is it just me or is it strange that there isn't a certain thread about a certain player in this division.

He was banned from the NFL but got reinstated and now is only out 4 weeks (like the rest of the AFCN).

Just was curious why this character hasn't been mentioned all day! The news seems old!
Reply/Quote
Because it's Cleveland and everyone just expects that dude to screw up again and get a lifetime ban, soon. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
And besides, RGIII is his QB. No reason to get all worked up.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 07:01 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: And besides, RGIII is his QB.  No reason to get all worked up.

Guy put together a 1600+ yard, 9 TD season with Jason Campbell, Brandon Weedon, and Brian Hoyer at QB. Poor QB play didn't stop him that year.

It's ok though, read he has some quad injury and is already on PUP.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 07:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Guy put together a 1600+ yard, 9 TD season with Jason Campbell, Brandon Weedon, and Brian Hoyer at QB. Poor QB play didn't stop him that year.

It's ok though, read he has some quad injury and is already on PUP.

Pro sports isn't like the old days.  Guys can't abuse themselves on a regular basis, and expect to hold up and excel against their competition.  Unless he has made a serious, life changing decision, my guess is that his return to the league will be short lived.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 09:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pro sports isn't like the old days.  Guys can't abuse themselves on a regular basis, and expect to hold up and excel against their competition.  Unless he has made a serious, life changing decision, my guess is that his return to the league will be short lived.

Guys like Adam Jones had much worse problems and much worse histories in my opinion.

Also, plenty of NFL players abuse themselves on a regular basis and hold up against the competition... There are more players getting away with it than those getting caught.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 02:27 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Guys like Adam Jones had much worse problems and much worse histories in my opinion.

Also, plenty of NFL players abuse themselves on a regular basis and hold up against the competition... There are more players getting away with it than those getting caught.

Sure, you mean players like Le'Veon Bell and Johnny Football?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 07:18 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, you mean players like Le'Veon Bell and Johnny Football?

Le'Veon Bell has been considered a top 5 back in this league and possible number one. I would say he is holding up fairly well against the competition regardless of his condition. That is of course, unless the marijuana thing is just to cover up his excessive PED use. Who knows.

Either way, you listed 2 players in a league with 1,600+ players. Whether you believe them or not, some reports say marijuana use in the NFL is anywhere between 40-60%. There are definitely players getting away with it, and definitely not all crumbling to their competition because of it either.
Reply/Quote
If they're actually getting serious trade offers (BSPN mentioned there are offers, not sure how serious), I'd assume you send him packing. Sure he may be a Pro Bowl talent, but he's pretty much on his last strike. You have him on a cheap deal for 12 games, but the bigger deal is he's going to need a big deal. Someone will take a risk if you don't, so if say someone offers a 2nd rounder I take it. I wish the kid well, I hope he gets turned around but he went from zero value to playing...let someone else take the risk.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 09:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pro sports isn't like the old days.  Guys can't abuse themselves on a regular basis, and expect to hold up and excel against their competition.  Unless he has made a serious, life changing decision, my guess is that his return to the league will be short lived.
Playing football is way rougher on the body than smoking some weed.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 04:03 PM)jason Wrote: Playing football is way rougher on the body than smoking some weed.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Even rougher if the player abuses themselves with drugs or alcohol.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote