Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"He made some catches over the middle. It was really the same concept over and over"
That's a quote from Taylor on Kupp.

Yes - The same play over and over and over beats this Bengals team. There is no adjustment during action. At the half they may change some things, but live...these coaches struggle to adjust.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/10/27/nfl-week-8-news-analysis-bengals-now-0-8-rams-now-5-3-london/2480406001/
Reply/Quote
reminds me of Marvin "no Halftime Adjustments" Lewis
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:19 PM)corpjet Wrote: reminds me of Marvin "no Halftime Adjustments" Lewis

The 'in game' adjustments are this regimes issue. We have a good drive...like against the Cardinals...the 1st drive of the game, we ran successfully...then they took that away. And we're done.

This game, we had 1 drive in the 2nd quarter...then 0 points after that.

Teams just outcoach us in a big way.
Reply/Quote
"These" coaches ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The 'in game' adjustments are this regimes issue. We have a good drive...like against the Cardinals...the 1st drive of the game, we ran successfully...then they took that away. And we're done.

This game, we had 1 drive in the 2nd quarter...then 0 points after that.

Teams just outcoach us in a big way.

And that's why Zac Taylor has the worst start for a new HC in Bengals history. He extends his own dismal record each game.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:26 PM)BengalChris Wrote: And that's why Zac Taylor has the worst start for a new HC in Bengals history. He extends his own dismal record each game.

I think being the OC too makes him the worst. He's just a terrible playcaller. IF we had a Jay Gruden here, we wouldn't know how bad Taylor was as an OC...and when things work...ZT would get credit.
Reply/Quote
This team hasn't had a really good DC since Zimmer.
Mike Brown continues to be frugal when.it comes to coordinators
Del Rio probally wanted X amount of $$$$ and MB wasn't willing
To pay
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think being the OC too makes him the worst. He's just a terrible playcaller. IF we had a Jay Gruden here, we wouldn't know how bad Taylor was as an OC...and when things work...ZT would get credit.

ZT is in way over his head and I think we knew there was a decent chance this would happen.  The thing is, we were cursing Bill Lazor and blaming him for our failures on offense while simultaneously hoping someone who was his assistant a mere 3 seasons ago would be able to go from QB coach to HC when Lazor himself was being lambasted as a dud OC.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think being the OC too makes him the worst. He's just a terrible playcaller. IF we had a Jay Gruden here, we wouldn't know how bad Taylor was as an OC...and when things work...ZT would get credit.

I actually think they should be on the phone with Jay about next season now.

Take the OC duties away from Zac.

Hire another experienced DC.

Then shit can ZT if he's not getting it done.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: This team hasn't had a really good DC since Zimmer.
Mike Brown continues to be frugal when.it comes to coordinators
Del Rio probally wanted X amount of $$$$ and MB wasn't willing
To pay

Honestly, I think around the NFL...guys know how Bengals Management is.

IF you were a hot DC candidate - Would you go to a team that doesn't like to sign free agents? Doesn't have a lot of scouts and you need to be a scout? A team that you know has bad LB's but doesn't sign a new external one?

Good candidates know this and won't come here now.

We landed guys like Zimmer sheerly because Marvin is respected around the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, I think around the NFL...guys know how Bengals Management is.

IF you were a hot DC candidate - Would you go to a team that doesn't like to sign free agents? Doesn't have a lot of scouts and you need to be a scout? A team that you know has bad LB's but doesn't sign a new external one?

Good candidates know this and won't come here now.

We landed guys like Zimmer sheerly because Marvin is respected around the league.

Yeah, and Zac Taylor hasn't earned any respect at all, so he won't be able to draw a good coordinator.

Then there's Mike Brown, who is despised around the league.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:37 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, and Zac Taylor hasn't earned any respect at all, so he won't be able to draw a good coordinator.

Then there's Mike Brown, who is despised around the league.

I feel like football people probably laugh at the Taylor hiring. He was a QB coach last year and an Assistant WR coach before that.

Some of his jobs were because he married Mike Sherman's daughter.

After this 0-8 start, probably our players don't believe in him.
Reply/Quote
Was at my brothers house for the game today, he just kept referring to Zac Taylor as the "Boy Blunder!" I thought that was a bit much, but it did give me a chuckle.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like football people probably laugh at the Taylor hiring. He was a QB coach last year and an Assistant WR coach before that.

Some of his jobs were because he married Mike Sherman's daughter.

After this 0-8 start, probably our players don't believe in him.

It does smack of the Dave Shula hire, and I'm not just saying that to be a smart ass.  The guy is inexperienced, has had a decent amount of help getting his chances, his resume is shaky, and we gave him a whopper of a promotion.  I'm not sure if there were experienced guys who didn't want the job ala Cowher this time around, but the comparison is apt.

Toss in that he was in over his head as a HC and our organization has a tendency to put even the more competent coaches and players we've had behind the eight ball.
Reply/Quote
Way to keep them guessing Bengals coaches!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT is in way over his head and I think we knew there was a decent chance this would happen.  The thing is, we were cursing Bill Lazor and blaming him for our failures on offense while simultaneously hoping someone who was his assistant a mere 3 seasons ago would be able to go from QB coach to HC when Lazor himself was being lambasted as a dud OC.

Ironically, Lazor got fired as OC in Miami and Taylor took over and made the offense worse. We get the sequel.

Yeah though...the Bengals set the system up to fail.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:33 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I actually think they should be on the phone with Jay about next season now.

Take the OC duties away from Zac.

Hire another experienced DC.

Then shit can ZT if he's not getting it done.

Hidden in this all...is there isn't another Coach on the roster with HC capabilities IF they fired Zach midseason. Del Rio would have been that guy. I think that's atleast part of the reason they didn't want experience.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It does smack of the Dave Shula hire, and I'm not just saying that to be a smart ass.  The guy is inexperienced, has had a decent amount of help getting his chances, his resume is shaky, and we gave him a whopper of a promotion.  I'm not sure if there were experienced guys who didn't want the job ala Cowher this time around, but the comparison is apt.

Toss in that he was in over his head as a HC and our organization has a tendency to put even the more competent coaches and players we've had behind the eight ball.

I think that best case scenario we hire a more established coach as HC like McCarthy and the playcalling is better and we have 3-4 wins right now and we have more guys on the roster playing up to a higher level.

The bad thing about this staff is most of our guys are underperforming. When that happens, it can compound things.

So much for a coach 'coaching guys up.'
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown needs to swallow his pride, open his wallet, and get Jack Del Rio and Jay Gruden on the phone right now. Pay them a lot and let them do their jobs. Admittedly, Jack and Jay wouldn’t have much to work with but they can certainly make more out of this team than the current crop of coaches can.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown needs to swallow his pride, open his wallet, and get Jack Del Rio and Jay Gruden on the phone right now. Pay them a lot and let them do their jobs.  Admittedly, Jack and Jay wouldn’t have much to work with but they can certainly make more out of this team than the current crop of coaches can.

Honestly, why would you come here if you were either of them?

We need LB's. We needed LB's last offseason. They threw a 3rd Round pick at it and brought back Preston Brown.

Our best players are generally 31 years old.

Our record is bottoming out, but it's not because of some purposeful rebuild. We're trying to win! That's the worst spot to be in.
Reply/Quote