Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He's ACTIVATED!!!
YEAH !!!!!!!!- Big Jen is gonna feel the pain come tomorrow afternoon!!
Reply/Quote
Awesome news to hear!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Doubt he is "fully recovered", but he is in good enough shape to contribute to our defense, and there is no increased risk of re-injury by bringing him back.

you dont say?
Reply/Quote
Very exciting to hear we got Bufict back!
We had the perfect bye week.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 02:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Part of me is scared that we brought him back too quick and we could lose him for longer 

What we fear in Tez's case is what we hope for in BR's case.  Big Grin
Reply/Quote
I wish people would quit saying we brought him back too soon. The knee has been cleared. As long as he isn't using his head as a battering ram, everything will be good.

The only issue is how many snaps he can actually play effectively due to not being in "football shape".
Reply/Quote
I am very glad to hear he was activated as unless some type of set back, he sees the field tomorrow.

I was hoping Little was not the cut as I feel if AJ went down, he has the closest #1 WR skill set to replace him. I also felt he would not last in the open market. Others feel he will not be grabbed by another team.

I hope I am wrong about Little, but I have a hunch he gets added by a WR needy team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 02:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let's hope he plants BigJen at least twice.

It's going to take stopping Bell, and forcing the Steelers into obvious passing situations to make that happen.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 02:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No team would have claimed Alford off our practice squad.  He was a 7th round pick that did zero in the preseason.

We kept Alford over Little because Alford is still just a rookie who will continue to develop as he practices with the team.  Little is already as good as he is going to get.  There was no benefit to keep him around to practice with the team.

A team that needs a kick returner could very very easily taken a waiver on Alford.

Your second point makes more sense. If we ever needed Little, he'll almost definitely be waiting next to the phone.
Reply/Quote
This is some cool stuff, i didn't think he would play this quick but he might even get 15 or so snaps tomorrow.

Man, 6-0 and then Burfict comes back against the Stealers. As great of a season as i thought it would be it is better than i thought so far.

Now lets tear them Stealers up! :angry:
Reply/Quote
Skull-to-crotch concussion in 3...2....

Just playin'. Welcome back, Vontaze.
Reply/Quote
I expect this news to lift the Bengals to a W this week, much how A.J.'s extension propelled the team Week 1 against Oakland.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yes, Bengals.com says he was activated today....and it says they don't have to take a player off the active roster until before game time Sunday. That player is yet to be determined.

Again, this decision Coach Lewis says has nothing to do with Steelers, and is based on Burfict being back in practice and the coaches say he looks like he hasn't even been off for a year. He came in and impressed the coaches so much, they activated him in 48 hours. The doctors say he is ready, and now the coaches say he is ready.  Coach Lewis said he would base his decision on Burficts health and not ruining his career over just the Steelers game. He is NOT back because it is Steelers week. He is back, because he is back.

Anyway, it's good to have Burfict back.  Adding him to Atkins and Dunlap and the rest of our defense, that is a Super Bowl Defense, and we have some Offense with Andy Dalton just being AFC Offensive MVP of the month of October. ...Super Bowl !!!!!
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Damn, I got so excited I pee'd on the carpet.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 06:10 PM)kevin Wrote: Yes, Bengals.com says he was activated today....and it says they don't have to take a player off the active roster until before game time Sunday. That player is yet to be determined.

Again, this decision Coach Lewis says has nothing to do with Steelers, and is based on Burfict being back in practice and the coaches say he looks like he hasn't even been off for a year. He came in and impressed the coaches so much, they activated him in 48 hours. The doctors say he is ready, and now the coaches say he is ready.  Coach Lewis said he would base his decision on Burficts health and not ruining his career over just the Steelers game. He is NOT back because it is Steelers week. He is back, because he is back.

Anyway, it's good to have Burfict back.  Adding him to Atkins and Dunlap and the rest of our defense, that is a Super Bowl Defense, and we have some Offense with Andy Dalton just being AFC Offensive MVP of the month of October. ...Super Bowl !!!!!
Little was cut to make room for Burfict
Reply/Quote
I wonder how much of him looking great was because our LBs look that bad? *waits for the Rey defenders to come in*

That all being said, if Burfict, who has missed a YEAR of Football, comes in and has two outstanding practices, so much so that he changes the mind of everyone in the building...Color me very, very excited. He is one of those people I always watch, every time he is on the field. So happy he is back.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 06:42 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I wonder how much of him looking great was because our LBs look that bad? *waits for the Rey defenders to come in*

That all being said, if Burfict, who has missed a YEAR of Football, comes in and has two outstanding practices, so much so that he changes the mind of everyone in the building...Color me very, very excited. He is one of those people I always watch, every time he is on the field. So happy he is back.

Drop it. Rey has been the only LB on this team consistently worth his salt this year.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Rey M had one or 2 bad years. But the rest he's led the team in tackles and has been solid. Idk what people want from him.

Vinny Rey may actually be the worst starting linebacker in the league so idk how someone can pinpoint Rey M
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 10:23 PM)Housh Wrote: Rey M had one or 2 bad years. But the rest he's led the team in tackles and has been solid. Idk what people want from him.

Vinny Rey may actually be the worst starting linebacker in the league so idk how someone can pinpoint Rey M

Rey M has never had a season, in which, he has led this team in tackles.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 03:31 PM)The Dangler Wrote: Totally agree with you!!I wish people would quit saying we brought him back too soon. The knee has been cleared. As long as he isn't using his head as a battering ram, everything will be good.

The only issue is how many snaps he can actually play effectively due to not being in "football shape".
Reply/Quote