Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"He's a Large Human"
(07-10-2018, 06:58 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Imagine if you had Whit at LT, Glenn at LG and Price at C. Run left all day long.

I don't want to mess up the offensive line positions, but a part of me still wonders after watching Boling at LT if their best line up isn't:

Boling- Westerman- Price- Redmond- Glenn

Redmond is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, guys on the team.  His run blocking suits RG very well and he is going to be a mauler.  Run right all day long, pass whenever you want.  Boling might be very underestimated as a LT as he does have really good mobility, and is more finesse than mauler.  Westerman is not as quick, but has that nasty, road-grader mentality.  

Either way, it should be fun to watch the offensive line shake out.  It is common that teams go from bad to really good in one season in the NFL.  The offensive line of the Bengals is going to be a much different group from last year, and that is a good thing.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 07:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't want to mess up the offensive line positions, but a part of me still wonders after watching Boling at LT if their best line up isn't:

Redmond is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, guys on the team.  His run blocking suits RG very well and he is going to be a mauler.  Run right all day long, pass whenever you want.  Boling might be very underestimated as a LT as he does have really good mobility, and is more finesse than mauler.  Westerman is not as quick, but has that nasty, road-grader mentality.  

Either way, it should be fun to watch the offensive line shake out.  It is common that teams go from bad to really good in one season in the NFL.  The offensive line of the Bengals is going to be a much different group from last year, and that is a good thing.  

You make valid points. We’ve seen in the past what it’s like to have a good D and a shitty O.

Reply/Quote
Twice the size of Clint Bowling? So Clint is actually 3'3" and 172 1/2 pounds? 
A little hyperbole goes a long way, huh?
I don't even know what 3'3" 172 1/2 would look like .. Rather strange I would think . lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 09:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Looks like he's saying "C'mon little Gene, I'll take you for ice cream..."

Hold my hand when we cross the street
Reply/Quote
Anxious to see BIG improvement on the o-line.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 07:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't want to mess up the offensive line positions, but a part of me still wonders after watching Boling at LT if their best line up isn't:

I think this way we could get all our best Lineman on the field at the same time at the positions that fit them best.

Boling has good feet and hands, i wouldn't call him finesse, cause he is a good run blocker, but he is no mauler like
Glenn and Redmond are that is for sure. Westerman's natural position is LG, this just makes a lot of sense SHRacer
even if they have Glenn slated in at LT right now, this is a possibility if Pollack truly wants his best 5 OL on the field
at the same time.

Great stuff.
Reply/Quote
I'm still concerned about RT. I see Og, Fisher, Perkins, and Hart in the battle at RT. Odds are that it is Fisher's position to lose at this point in time.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

If the Bengals were willing to take on a risk like that, that's what I'd do.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 01:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals were willing to take on a risk like that, that's what I'd do.

That does look like a good option.  Would certainly solve the RT situation.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 01:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I'm still concerned about RT.  I see Og, Fisher, Perkins, and Hart in the battle at RT.  Odds are that it is Fisher's position to lose at this point in time.

When they were drafted, I thought Fisher was a better prospect than Og.  I'm concerned though that Fisher is kind of in 'unknown' territory at this point even though he is cleared.   

Also, something tells me that that Fisher's best fit is that of a LT which isn't going to happen.  Just my opinion I guess that he was never really used right.  His athleticism best fits there imo.  So be it though, he's a RT.  
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 02:10 PM)Goalpost Wrote: When they were drafted, I thought Fisher was a better prospect than Og.  I'm concerned though that Fisher is kind of in 'unknown' territory at this point even though he is cleared.   

Also, something tells me that that Fisher's best fit is that of a LT which isn't going to happen.  Just my opinion I guess that he was never really used right.  His athleticism best fits there imo.  So be it though, he's a RT.  

I agree, had Fisher as the better prospect and always thought he was a better LT prospect, he has good feet and
athleticism, but like you said he won't be starting there regardless it seems. Still liking SHRacer's thought with Glenn
at RT the best.
Reply/Quote
Large human indeed. Pretty sad when I feel small. I can't wait to see him play.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 08:35 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Okay, I have to ask a dumb question.  Is that Glenn?

i'm glad it's not a pic of an overweight John Ross...
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I have faith the Bengals will use the O-line players correctly....
they know this O-line better than anyone....
they HAVE TO get this right...
Reply/Quote

I'd be all for this.   I think we get the 5 best linemen on the field, Boling has demonstrated his ability at LT, and the right side of the line would be all power.  Hope they give it a look.

My fear is that they'll be so intent on working Og or Fish in at the RT position that they won't entertain the thought till it's too late to get them acclimated.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 07:52 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: We’ve seen in the past what it’s like to have a good D and a shitty O.

[Image: B01KbFX.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Glenn reminds me a lot of Whit. He was expected to kick inside to guard or play RT. A lot of people had a first round grade on him, but he fell to the second. They both wound up being very good LTs. Hopefully his foot issues are behind him and we can get 5-6 years out of him.  
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 12:35 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Glenn reminds me a lot of Whit. He was expected to kick inside to guard or play RT. A lot of people had a first round grade on him, but he fell to the second. They both wound up being very good LTs. Hopefully his foot issues are behind him and we can get 5-6 years out of him.  

5-6 yrs would be excellent. Specially if this OL is doing great.

Reply/Quote