Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He's coming back..... sick feeling
(01-01-2018, 03:45 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: I feel like there will be a contract signed by the end of the business week.

Probably already been signed but they want to wait to keep the fans twisting in the wind, like a good sadist should.  Keep the **** you's coming, Mike.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:47 PM)McC Wrote: Probably already been signed but they want to wait to keep the fans twisting in the wind, like a good sadist should.  Keep the **** you's coming, Mike.

Yeah I didn't detect even a hint of worry from Marv. It's all wrapped up. Just ironing out the kinks and letting Hobspin spin a masterpiece about how much heart the team showed at the end...when the games didn't even matter. Renew your season tickets and make sure to tune in next year, folks! Will year 16 be the one?

Bengals fever! Catch it!  :giggle:
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not sure there is a decent head coach replacement available right now. Maybe that's why Mike wants Marvin back another year. Wait, he's cheap.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I didn't detect even a hint of worry from Marv. It's all wrapped up. Just ironing out the kinks and letting Hobspin spin a masterpiece about how much heart the team showed at the end...when the games didn't even matter. Renew your season tickets and make sure to tune in next year, folks! Will year 16 be the one?

Well, every good plague does come with a fever.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:23 PM)McC Wrote: Have you been in a coma for 27 years?

The Brown family’s management of their NFL franchise is guided by their hate for their customers. Just absurd.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Having just watched the presser, I'm absolutely gutted. We moved away from Cincinnati 12 years ago but have remained diehard Bengals fans despite taking all kinds of shit and my distain for Marvin Lewis and his 'play not to lose' mentality. I, like many others on here thought for sure this was the last straw.

If this shit organization brings him back in any shape or form, that's all we all need to see.

You can tell from his smug demeanor that he's coming back and its just disgusting. Not only that, but our assistant staff will be gutted also since it will take a week or 2 for this all to play out. If I'm Pauly G, right now, I'm signing on with with Oakland in a heartbeat.

We will not be flying back to Cincy next year for games. We were there for the Monday night debacle hoping that against the odds, we would see a Bengals W. Even at 17-3, it seemed like everyone knew we would Marvin-ball it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Admittedly, I only read the transcript. However, the way he was phrasing things gave me the impression that we could still be moving forward without him. I'm not going to be upset until he is actually re-signed.
Reply/Quote
what has Marvin done this season to deserve an extension? Why let him coach a lame duck year if the plan was to bring him back anyway. This is the first year in the past 30+ that I've checked out and didn't even watch a couple games. Told myself I would come back next season with the new coach, and the excitement of the draft. Since then the AJ trade that could have made the HC position a little more attractive to an outside coach went to shit. Our top 10 draft pick is no longer since we won 2 useless games that did nothing other than prolong the bleeding by giving Marvin a false sense of accomplishment and that's all Mikey needed to justify keeping his yes man.

This just shows how content Mike Brown is with being mediocre. A kick in the nuts to every fan. Some on here saying Marvin will be better if he comes back cause that would mean Mikey caved and gave him more control I say BS. Marvins issues goes beyond personal control etc. Players not ready after bye weeks, Prime time, playoffs that's on Marvin. 2nd half meltdowns and player discipline, that's on Marvin. Younger but clearly better players not getting on the field, that's Marvin. There are better coaches out there, stop being a ***** Brown and get a real coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 10:48 PM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: Having just watched the presser, I'm absolutely gutted. We moved away from Cincinnati 12 years ago but have remained diehard Bengals fans despite taking all kinds of shit and my distain for Marvin Lewis and his 'play not to lose' mentality. I, like many others on here thought for sure this was the last straw.

If this shit organization brings him back in any shape or form, that's all we all need to see.

You can tell from his smug demeanor that he's coming back and its just disgusting. Not only that, but our assistant staff will be gutted also since it will take a week or 2 for this all to play out. If I'm Pauly G, right now, I'm signing on with with Oakland in a heartbeat.

We will not be flying back to Cincy next year for games. We were there for the Monday night debacle hoping that against the odds, we would see a Bengals W.  Even at 17-3, it seemed like everyone knew we would Marvin-ball it.

Yep, I laid in bed emotionless even when we lead 17-0, when they kicked the field goal I knew it was over. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 11:03 PM)treee Wrote: Admittedly, I only read the transcript. However, the way he was phrasing things gave me the impression that we could still be moving forward without him. I'm not going to be upset until he is actually re-signed.

I would like to know the changes he wants Mike to make.

One thing I like about Marvin is that he isn’t afraid to right at Mike and get him to move on issues we all know have been problems in the past.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I didn't detect even a hint of worry from Marv. It's all wrapped up. Just ironing out the kinks and letting Hobspin spin a masterpiece about how much heart the team showed at the end...when the games didn't even matter. Renew your season tickets and make sure to tune in next year, folks! Will year 16 be the one?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Here-s-a-pic-of-Merv-from-2003?pid=485593#pid485593
(Just 17 days ago.)
(12-14-2017, 04:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've been speaking out of frustration with Marv. I'm ready to move on, but I will miss him in a lot of ways, and he did provide some good Bengals memories...especially in the early days (IMO). I am genuinely sad that he will leave without a playoff win. I wanted it as much for him as for myself. It would've completed his legacy here.

(12-14-2017, 05:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Saving this post for when the offseason rolls around and there's an awkward Mike and Marv press conference to announce he'll be back.   Ninja

(12-15-2017, 11:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Oh boy. Don't do that to me bro. LOL

Sorry Shake, it had to happen.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If Marvin comes back he really needs to do some self reflecting. He needs to have the self awareness that, even what he’s accomplished is sufficient, is just not enough. He needs to learn to control his hot head players, as well as take some risks in games. The Bengals are too predictable. I wanted him out in Week 2, in Week 7, Weeks 9-11 and Week 15. The team looked damn ugly in way too many weeks, reminded me of the 90s with me thinkin “this team can’t really be this bad"
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 11:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would like to know the changes he wants Mike to make.

One thing I like about Marvin is that he isn’t afraid to right at Mike and get him to move on issues we all know have been problems in the past.

But Marvin has failed so hard in his own right that is erases any good things he does.  So what if he gets more control.  He just proceeds to blow it on game days.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 12:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Here-s-a-pic-of-Merv-from-2003?pid=485593#pid485593
(Just 17 days ago.)

Sorry Shake, it had to happen.

It's possible to like him for what he did 15 years ago and simultaneously want his ass to be packing a u-haul.  Rock On
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
That's where I'm at.....
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:11 PM)McC Wrote: This puts the goofy announcement of a couple weeks ago into perspective.  He knew all along he was coming back and just couldn't resist giving us false hope for awhile so he could stick it to us again.  The organization truly takes great delight in pissing off its fans. 

They are laughing at us all.

For realz. 

Quote:“People have their viewpoints, I have mine.’’

“Staying on the same page is important. If his direction is different than my direction, it’s probably not good.’’                     
“If you’re a real fan, stay the course.’’
“It’s not the time for me to address moving forward with the Cincinnati Bengals.’’

The arrogance is simply astounding. I am at a loss really...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 11:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would like to know the changes he wants Mike to make.

It's 100% a power play. The dude is - and has been - playing games with this FO the entire time. Has to. The dude has been here long enough that he understands how this FO operates and cherishes. He has to be using this against them. 

That's the only explanation I can come up with. The only one.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 01:27 PM)McC Wrote: But Marvin has failed so hard in his own right that is erases any good things he does.  So what if he gets more control.  He just proceeds to blow it on game days.

Right. So maybe he wants a practice facility? More control over the roster and/or assistants? Drafting? 

Fair. I can say that's probably a fair assumption that he asks for these things.

my question is: Does this FO really think he can deliver a SB with given these things after this long?

And the answer is....sadly, yes. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 03:16 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: For realz. 

The arrogance is simply astounding. I am at a loss really...

It's one thing if a guy is kicking ass at what he does and is arrogant about it.  But when a guy is failing badly and is still arrogant, and even becomes more and more arrogant the worse he does, that is just too much.

The Cincinnati Bengals--leave logic and common sense at the door.

Reply/Quote