Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
He will never learn
It took a long time, I guess. Probably too long, but I have finally realized Vontaze Burfict will never change. Enough is enough. Keeps looking more and more like he is a lost cause.

I always thought his love of the game would be the thing that would lead him to adapt. But it's just not in his DNA. He's in the wrong century.

Anyway, he's bound to be looking at another suspension, right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:39 PM)McC Wrote: It took a long time, I guess.  Probably too long, but I have finally realized Vontaze Burfict will never change.  Enough is enough.  Keeps looking more and more like he is a lost cause.

I always thought his love of the game would be the thing that would lead him to adapt.  But it's just not in his DNA.  He's in the wrong century.

Anyway, he's bound to be looking at another suspension, right?

I'm with you. Today put me over the edge with him. Its obviously never going to click with him, its just not working. 
Reply/Quote
Could have told you that a couple years ago but welcome aboard! You can have good football IQ but still just be a dumb person who can't make smart decisions. Jones and Burfict have been an embarrassment to this team and city for years. Jones has well work out his usefulness and Burfict is on his way.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:42 PM)R3stangs Wrote: I'm with you. Today put me over the edge with him. Its obviously never going to click with him, its just not working. 

And honestly, he doesn't even seem to be playing that well either.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:43 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Could have told you that a couple years ago but welcome aboard! You can have good football IQ but still just be a dumb person who can't make smart decisions. Jones and Burfict have been an embarrassment to this team and city for years. Jones has well work out his usefulness and Burfict is on his way.

Yeah, I probably knew it a couple years ago but didn't want it to be true because he made such a difference on the field.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:45 PM)McC Wrote: And honestly, he doesn't even seem to be playing that well either.

He had no impact on the game today that I saw before he got tossed and the D played just as well or better once he was gone. Its a small sample size but the move to the middle has seemed to diminish his impact 

I'm no defensive expert but I agree that his game seems to have suffered lately.
Reply/Quote
Im ready to move on from him
Reply/Quote
If we do move on I'd rather he go to the NFC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Still boggles my mind why the contract extension was made, given his constant disregard to his conduct. I seriously felt he needed to be let go. Now more than ever. Brown and Lewis' belief in reclamation projects had always been a thorn in the teams side.
"In my mind, I'm already there"
Reply/Quote
He plays such a physical game, I can't help but wonder if he's shot. He has not played overly well. He has had a lot of injuries, concussions. Did the team literally invest in a brain damaged player who CAN'T control him self?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:50 PM)treee Wrote: If we do move on I'd rather he go to the NFC.

Agree.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:53 PM)Brimey Wrote: He plays such a physical game, I can't help but wonder if he's shot. He has not played overly well. He has had a lot of injuries, concussions. Did the team literally invest in a brain damaged player who CAN'T control him self?

Trade him to Minnesota. Mike Zimmer will civilize him.
Reply/Quote
I wanted very badly for Burfict to clean up his act and become a true leader on this defense. We badly need a hard nosed with high character guy. But I'm afraid there's no hope.

After going back and watching the personal foul late hit out of bounds play several times, I'm not at all convinced that wasn't just a decent act by Burfict ? It looks a lot like he intended to hit him out of bounds or not and act like he tried to pull up.
Reply/Quote
He hurts the team more than he helps the team he is a stupid player, and proof that Lewis has no control over this team at all. Send him and Marvin packing asap.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:04 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: He hurts the team more than he helps the team he is a stupid player, and proof that Lewis has no control over this team at all. Send him and Marvin packing asap.

The league will probably be the ones who send him packing.  And they must love how easy he keeps making it on them.  It's like he keeps speeding by cops every day and them wondering why he lost his license.  He's downright daring them to ban him.

Reply/Quote
He barely touched the guy out of bounds and the call for contacting the ref was nonsense especially when we saw a titan wrap his arms around one. Plenty of reason to bail on Burfict if you want but don’t base it on today.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He barely touched the guy out of bounds and the call for contacting the ref was nonsense especially when we saw a titan wrap his arms around one. Plenty of reason to bail on Burfict if you want but don’t base it on today.

They were tacky tack but beg the question of why? 

He tried to make the out of bounds hit look unintentional but he hit him on purpose just to knock him down. Its piddly, but why do it to begin with? and the ref thing. Again tacky tack, but when a ref puts his arm in front of you to keep you separated from other players you can't just throw it off. Just dumb stuff from him especially knowing they're targeting him.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wanted very badly for Burfict to clean up his act and become a true leader on this defense. We badly need a hard nosed with high character guy. But I'm afraid there's no hope.

After going back and watching the personal foul late hit out of bounds play several times, I'm not at all convinced that wasn't just a decent act by Burfict ? It looks a lot like he intended to hit him out of bounds or not and act like he tried to pull up.

It was definitely acting. He took another four steps after the ball carrier was out of bounds before he made contact. They were outside of the white boundary marker.

He pulled the same act when he made contact with the official then acted like he was a victim.

He wouldn't do it if Marvin didn't tolerate his BS.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:50 PM)treee Wrote: If we do move on I'd rather he go to the NFC.

Why?  Are you afraid he might hand a playoff win to us?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It was definitely acting. He took another four steps after the ball carrier was out of bounds before he made contact. They were outside of the white boundary marker.

He pulled the same act when he made contact with the official then acted like he was a victim.

He wouldn't do it if Marvin didn't tolerate his BS.

Like i said in the game day thread. Toeing the line like that is his crack. He just can't stay away from the thrill of seeing how far he can go. The guy is an addict to that shit and he'll never change. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote