Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
He will never learn
Burfict is not going to stop being a idiot on the football field my god he got lucky he didn't get suspended for kicking the player on Pitt he wont stop, you cant fix stupid. And I know Lewis cant control a player on that team. The guy is a thug get rid of him. No do people see why he went undrafted. Don't forget that he lost the playoff game against Pitt with his cheep hit
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:51 PM)Edge Wrote: Still boggles my mind why the contract extension was made, given his constant disregard to his conduct. I seriously felt he needed to be let go. Now more than ever. Brown and Lewis' belief in reclamation projects had always been a thorn in the teams side.

I agree with you in general about the Bengals and their reclamation projects, but this time Marvin looked well and truly pissed at Burfict. Looked to me like Marvin told him in so many words to get the hell off the field. I just got home, and haven't read the game thread, but was Burfict even talking to his WIFE on the way out? Crazy stuff, the Bengals always find a way, don't they?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:39 PM)McC Wrote: It took a long time, I guess.  Probably too long, but I have finally realized Vontaze Burfict will never change.  Enough is enough.  Keeps looking more and more like he is a lost cause.

I always thought his love of the game would be the thing that would lead him to adapt.  But it's just not in his DNA.  He's in the wrong century.

Anyway, he's bound to be looking at another suspension, right?

As Lance McAlister said after Tez was ejected...you get what you tolerate. When has Mike or Marvin ever held him accountable for his actions?

For Tez's part...I'm starting to think they guy just isn't real bright. I hate saying that because I have been of fan of the passion and ferocity he plays with, but when you know that the league is watching you...you stop doing dumb shit that gives them an excuse to fine/suspend you.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Like i said in the game day thread. Toeing the line like that is his crack. He just can't stay away from the thrill of seeing how far he can go. The guy is an addict to that shit and he'll never change. 

You may well be spot on !

It's like the 6 year old out in the back yard that you tell not to go around front and they just keep inching their way a little closer to the corner. Can I go this far ? Well I'll go a little more, a little more. You yell, they get back then start inching again.

How much will you let me get away with daddy ?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:15 PM)R3stangs Wrote: They were tacky tack but beg the question of why? 

He tried to make the out of bounds hit look unintentional but he hit him on purpose just to knock him down. Its piddly, but why do it to begin with? and the ref thing. Again tacky tack, but when a ref puts his arm in front of you to keep you separated from other players you can't just throw it off. Just dumb stuff from him especially knowing they're targeting him.

You can argue it’s stupid, but there was nothing to break up and he just removed his arm. The old fart reacted like Burfict punched him. The same ref I think who didn’t notice the ball fly out of the Titans hands before he crossed the goal line.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:39 PM)McC Wrote: It took a long time, I guess.  Probably too long, but I have finally realized Vontaze Burfict will never change.  Enough is enough.  Keeps looking more and more like he is a lost cause.

I always thought his love of the game would be the thing that would lead him to adapt.  But it's just not in his DNA.  He's in the wrong century.

Let's face it.  Burfict is just a big jerk, and the way Marv has handled him has only made it worse.
Reply/Quote
Lol.

Everyone on this board was lauding the extension they gave burfitct
Reply/Quote
Two years removed from that embarrassing playoff loss to Pitt let’s see how much has changed ?

- Marvin’s still the head coach, still underachieving, out coached and still has no control over his players.
- Burfict suspended and fined multiple times since that game and he’s rewarded with a new 3 year contract.
- Pacman arrested in the off-season from the 20th time , doesn’t get cut and Mike Brown publicly backs him.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He barely touched the guy out of bounds and the call for contacting the ref was nonsense especially when we saw a titan wrap his arms around one. Plenty of reason to bail on Burfict if you want but don’t base it on today.

Those calls were a joke...  I want to move on from Burfict but only because the NFL will not let him play.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:31 PM)ah5 Wrote: Those calls were a joke...  I want to move on from Burfict but only because the NFL will not let him play.

Agreed. Just don’t know that it’s possible with that extension.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You can argue it’s stupid, but there was nothing to break up and he just removed his arm. The old fart reacted like Burfict punched him. The same ref I think who didn’t notice the ball fly out of the Titans hands before he crossed the goal line.

He was jawing with Conklin and the official went in to get them to move on. Officials literally does this multiple times in every single game that is played. All Tez had to do was walk away...that's it. Instead, he didn't just 'remove' the officials arm, he pushed it away.

If you're a player who has been fined/suspended multiple times and and you know that the league is not a fan of your play...you don't push an officials arm away like that because you're just making it easy as hell for the NFL to discipline you again.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:47 PM)R3stangs Wrote: He had no impact on the game today that I saw before he got tossed and the D played just as well or better once he was gone. Its a small sample size but the move to the middle has seemed to diminish his impact 

I'm no defensive expert but I agree that his game seems to have suffered lately.

He is on such a short leash. IMO he is being targeted. He is so restricted that it affects his play. We all see that his play is not as good this season, partly since he has to play MLB. I still believe in him. Brown, Lewis, Alexander, Guenther, Pumpkin, and Tobin __NOT SO MUCH! In fact, the entire defense is not playing as well.
Reply/Quote
Here's the video if anybody wants to watch.

https://twitter.com/fox19jeremy/status/929795305683542017

Not sure what Burfict did wrong.
Reply/Quote
He’ll learn when he’s a Steeler or Patriot.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:39 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Here's the video if anybody wants to watch.

https://twitter.com/fox19jeremy/status/929795305683542017

Not sure what Burfict did wrong.

Burfict isn't allowed to do little things based upon his extensive history of past transgressions.  Burfict "just moving" a ref's arm is like a registered sex offender "just walking" by a playground.  Thems the rules and thems the breaks.  
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: As Lance McAlister said after Tez was ejected...you get what you tolerate. When has Mike or Marvin ever held him accountable for his actions?

For Tez's part...I'm starting to think they guy just isn't real bright. I hate saying that because I have been of fan of the passion and ferocity he plays with, but when you know that the league is watching you...you stop doing dumb shit that gives them an excuse to fine/suspend you.

Burfict was out of control in college, though.  Not to defend Marvin or MB, but he's always been a loose cannon and a dirty player.  I don't know that there's a coach in the league that can straighten him out, but almost any other organization would've sent him packing by now.  

It's just tough on everyone involved because when he's motivated, he's a great individual player, a team leader, and an intimidating force on the defense.  Even after the playoff game he helped blow, he was still seen as a hero who finally gave back to the Steelers a piece of what they've been dishing out to us for years by the majority of the fanbase.  But he's got a bullseye on his back from the league, and deservedly so.  Dude's just a dirty player that isn't smart enough to do it without getting caught.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burfict isn't allowed to do little things based upon his extensive history of past transgressions.  Burfict "just moving" a ref's arm is like a registered sex offender "just walking" by a playground.  Thems the rules and thems the breaks.  

It was awful...That ref has a family to go home to!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burfict isn't allowed to do little things based upon his extensive history of past transgressions.  Burfict "just moving" a ref's arm is like a registered sex offender "just walking" by a playground.  Thems the rules and thems the breaks.  

You should receive stricter punishments but you shouldn’t be penalized for things nobody else would be. That’s a failure of the refs.

Reply/Quote

I'm with you.

Basically the Bengals face a fork in the road. If they don't care about winning a Super Bowl and just care about entertainment then keep Burfict.

IF the goal is to one day win a Super Bowl...time to move on.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:51 PM)Edge Wrote: Still boggles my mind why the contract extension was made, given his constant disregard to his conduct. I seriously felt he needed to be let go. Now more than ever. Brown and Lewis' belief in reclamation projects had always been a thorn in the teams side.

It's not that they believe in these guys. They see guys with former 1st Round pick potential that they can get for cheap.

What they don't consider is the negative intangibles it brings to a lockerroom and chemistry.
Reply/Quote