Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
He will never learn
(11-12-2017, 09:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You should receive stricter punishments but you shouldn’t be penalized for things nobody else would be. That’s a failure of the refs.

I'll agree it isn't entirely fair, but at some point he has to accept that and react accordingly.  Or he can just keep putting his hands up in innocence and doing the whole "I didn't do nothin!" walk to the tunnel.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you take away that part of his game you take away the best part of him. I don't really have a problem with that part of him. On the other hand I wish he would lose the weight and become a faster player. The dude is 260 at a position were everyone else is in the 230s to 240s. If he is faster than he makes more plays.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It was definitely acting. He took another four steps after the ball carrier was out of bounds before he made contact. They were outside of the white boundary marker.

He pulled the same act when he made contact with the official then acted like he was a victim.

He wouldn't do it if Marvin didn't tolerate his BS.

He did the same thing at Arizona State. He had 17 personal fouls in 37 games.

He's. Not. Going. To. Change.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He was jawing with Conklin and the official went in to get them to move on. Officials literally does this multiple times in every single game that is played. All Tez had to do was walk away...that's it. Instead, he didn't just 'remove' the officials arm, he pushed it away.

If you're a player who has been fined/suspended multiple times and and you know that the league is not a fan of your play...you don't push an officials arm away like that because you're just making it easy as hell for the NFL to discipline you again.

He was trying to walk away. People keep saying you can’t touch an official. He never touched him. He raised his arm up. I’m just glad the ref will make it home another day to bounce his great grandkids on his knee.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He was trying to walk away.  People keep saying you can’t touch an official. He never touched him. He raised his arm up. I’m just glad the ref will make it home another day to bounce his great grandkids on his knee.

I agree that the stuff he did wasn't severe...but with his history he has to be more careful. He's earned his reputation.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He was trying to walk away.  People keep saying you can’t touch an official. He never touched him. He raised his arm up. I’m just glad the ref will make it home another day to bounce his great grandkids on his knee.

He threw the officials arm away. It was a stupid move.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It was definitely acting. He took another four steps after the ball carrier was out of bounds before he made contact. They were outside of the white boundary marker.

He pulled the same act when he made contact with the official then acted like he was a victim.

He wouldn't do it if Marvin didn't tolerate his BS.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:02 PM)R3stangs Wrote: He threw the officials arm away. It was a stupid move.

Literally raised his arm toward his helmet. It was ridiculous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
Also, Marvin on Tez: "He has to understand. You can't push the official. He knows that."

I'm not sure how that is a push though. The ref puts his arm across Burfict and he moves his arm up off of him.
Reply/Quote

(11-12-2017, 09:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He was jawing with Conklin and the official went in to get them to move on. Officials literally does this multiple times in every single game that is played. All Tez had to do was walk away...that's it. Instead, he didn't just 'remove' the officials arm, he pushed it away.

If you're a player who has been fined/suspended multiple times and and you know that the league is not a fan of your play...you don't push an officials arm away like that because you're just making it easy as hell for the NFL to discipline you again.

Holic, the highlighted bit is just a downright bad take by you, man.

[Image: DOdMKMIXUAUsVXG.jpg]

That is a lift, not a push. If he "walked away" he would be stuck on the sideline. The ref wouldn't let him back on the field. Everyone who has seen the video/pictures of this are against the ref except for people like this...

("Again" even though it's his first ejection ever.)

...and apparently you.

There's plenty of things Burfict has done with which to argue against him for. Today is not one of those things, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You should receive stricter punishments but you shouldn’t be penalized for things nobody else would be. That’s a failure of the refs.

It is.  There's no doubt about it.  But he knows the situation and keeps speeding past the cop.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:39 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Here's the video if anybody wants to watch.

https://twitter.com/fox19jeremy/status/929795305683542017

Not sure what Burfict did wrong.

The "get off me, bro" push off with his arm after the official put his arm up to seperate Burfict and Conklin from jawing at each other.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:06 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm not sure how that is a push though. The ref puts his arm across Burfict and he moves his arm up off of him.

He didn't just move his arm off him as he was passing by. 

When Burfict kicked at the steelers FB, i felt it was more a push with his foot than a kick, when everyone was yelling "kick to the head!!!!!". 

Today, he pushed that refs arm out of the way forcefully enough to draw a legit flag and fine.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
That's a seriously bs call. I think the ref had the flag in his hand before he ever got there. Bet these are the same refs who got embarrassed on National TV during the Ball Tapping incident in Green Bay.....

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He didn't just move his arm off him as he was passing by. 

When Burfict kicked at the steelers FB, i felt it was more a push with his foot than a kick, when everyone was yelling "kick to the head!!!!!". 

Today, he pushed that refs arm out of the way forcefully enough to draw a legit flag and fine.

Forcefully? He lifted his arm up

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

Holic, the highlighted bit is just a downright bad take by you, man.

[Image: DOdMKMIXUAUsVXG.jpg]

That is a lift, not a push. If he "walked away" he would be stuck on the sideline. The ref wouldn't let him back on the field. Everyone who has seen the video/pictures of this are against the ref except for people like this...

("Again" even though it's his first ejection ever.)

...and apparently you.

There's plenty of things Burfict has done with which to argue against him for. Today is not one of those things, though.

Nope. He deserved both flags he got. He didn't need to be anywhere near bumping into that RB 5 yards out of bounds and he shoved the refs arm away. He didn't just "move it".

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Burfict himself said his game is based on playing right on the edge. Thing about that is, it's too easy to cross the line. And back to back plays, no less. I mean, come on.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Forcefully?  He lifted his arm up

omg....

I'd expect this kind of thing from some n00b or troll, but coming from you and a couple others, i'm really surprised. Posting a still frame of his hand on a refs arm isn't conclusive in the least. 

Watch the vid in the tweet and tell me he just lifted his arm up.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/12/bengals-vontaze-burfict-ejected-contact-official

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Literally raised his arm toward his helmet. It was ridiculous.

Yeah, it was an act. Why would he raise his arm towards his helmet at that particular moment?

Kids do that crap then act like they didn't do anything.
Reply/Quote
So what was the deal with the woman in the stands? Was she a supporter he was talking to who then fliiped off the refs, or was she flipping off Burfict?
Reply/Quote