Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
He will never learn
At least he didnt push the ref like he did the running back coach back in camp, right? So maybe he is learning.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: omg....

I'd expect this kind of thing from some n00b or troll, but coming from you and a couple others, i'm really surprised. Posting a still frame of his hand on a refs arm isn't conclusive in the least. 

Watch the vid in the tweet and tell me he just lifted his arm up.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/12/bengals-vontaze-burfict-ejected-contact-official

I watched the whole thing several times. It’s nonsense. He did nothing forcefully.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He didn't just move his arm off him as he was passing by. 

When Burfict kicked at the steelers FB, i felt it was more a push with his foot than a kick, when everyone was yelling "kick to the head!!!!!". 

Today, he pushed that refs arm out of the way forcefully enough to draw a legit flag and fine.

He didn't even get a chance to pass the ref by before he tossed the flag. The ref knew who was behind him and became trigger happy right when he realized Burfict touched his arm. I've seen players cause more force bumping into refs after a play and not even miss a beat.

Why was the ref even touching Burfict when Conklin pushed Burfict? It's not like Burfict was even moving towards Conklin in a threatening manner so why is the ref putting himself in that position?

None of the other incidents have anything to do with the specific example we are talking about. So what's your point?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, it was an act. Why would he raise his arm towards his helmet at that particular moment?

Kids do that crap then act like they didn't do anything.

No I’m talking about the ref thing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I was one of the ones in here defending Burfict several games ago when he got the total BS roughing the passer flag. Many were saying he's earned his reputation and he deserved the flag. I called BS

Now I'm one of the one's in here saying enough is enough ! The hit on the RB out of bounds was intended, the more I watch it the more I'm convinced he fully planned to roll him no matter what all the while playing like he tried to pull up.

IT WAS PREMEDITATED

I was really pulling for him hard to clean it up and play the game as it should be played. Bring the thunder legal between the whistles and stop the BS, he refuses to.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:26 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: He didn't even get a chance to pass the ref by before he tossed the flag. The ref knew who was behind him and became trigger happy right when he realized Burfict touched his arm. I've seen players cause more force bumping into refs after a play and not even miss a beat.

Why was the ref even touching Burfict when Conklin pushed Burfict? It's not like Burfict was even moving towards Conklin in a threatening manner so why is the ref putting himself in that position?

None of the other incidents have anything to do with the specific example we are talking about. So what's your point?

I think the ref went over and put his hand on Burfict specifically so he could try to eject him. I haven't seen a flag that fast in years...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the ref went over and put his hand on Burfict specifically so he could try to eject him. I haven't seen a flag that fast in years...

I think the ref lost his cool and made a terrible judgement call. Maybe got offended by Burfict moving his arm so he took a power trip. I think his body language is telling.

Look at his face right when he throws it he looks right at Burfict and practically runs away. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I watched the whole thing several times.  It’s nonsense.   He did nothing forcefully.

Lost cause.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:26 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: So what's your point?

That you are clearly wrong? I thought that was evident.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Lost cause.

Burficts intent aside though, you gotta admit that ref was a little too gleeful in throwing that flag. Look at his body language.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Lost cause.

Ok then.

Reply/Quote
For those of you too blind to see the obvious. He didn't use his hand to move the refs arm out of the way. He first put his hand on the refs forearm, briefly, and used his hand and forearm to forcefully move the refs arm out of the way. 

If you can't see how obvious that is, i don't know what to tell you. You don't "move a refs arm out of the way" via a near forearm shiver.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:40 PM)treee Wrote: Burficts intent aside though, you gotta admit that ref was a little too gleeful in throwing that flag. Look at his body language.

He's too old and crotchety to be a ref in any event. 

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No I’m talking about the ref thing.

So am I. It was an act.

Oh, I'm just pretending to raise my arm up to my helmet for no reason in order to push the ref off me.

OMG I JUST GOT A FLAG FOR JUST RAISING MY ARM!!!

He did the same poor acting when he ran into the ball carrier out of bounds and pretended like he didn't mean to hit him while leaning forward into the ball carrier.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So am I. It was an act.

Oh, I'm just pretending to raise my arm up to my helmet for no reason in order to push the ref off me.

OMG I JUST GOT A FLAG FOR JUST RAISING MY ARM!!!

He did the same poor acting when he ran into the ball carrier out of bounds and pretended like he didn't mean to hit him while leaning forward into the ball carrier.

Act or not it wasn’t forceful if you remove his arm by lifting your own.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For those of you too blind to see the obvious. He didn't use his hand to move the refs arm out of the way. He first put his hand on the refs forearm, briefly, and used his hand and forearm to forcefully move the refs arm out of the way. 

If you can't see how obvious that is, i don't know what to tell you. You don't "move a refs arm out of the way" via a near forearm shiver.

Yep...and even for those who think he did absolutely nothing wrong....given his rep and past suspensions, do you think it's a good idea for him to purposely touch an official...at all?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep...and even for those who think it he didn't do anything at all wrong....given his rep and past suspensions, do you think it's a good idea for him to purposely touch an official...ever?  Mellow

You’re agreeing with “near forearm shiver”? His arm goes straight up. I keep watching it to see what you guys are seeing including in slow motion and it’s just not there.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You’re agreeing with “near forearm shiver”?  His arm goes straight up. I keep watching it to see what you guys are seeing including in slow motion and it’s just not there.

That's not surprising. If you don't want to see it, it's not going to be there. 

Forearm shiver was a bit excessive a comparison (because i knew it would be taken too literally), but it was as close to that as it was "moving his arm".

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You’re agreeing with “near forearm shiver”?  His arm goes straight up. I keep watching it to see what you guys are seeing including in slow motion and it’s just not there.

Doesn't matter if people think it was a push, a lift, a shiver, a nudge, a gentle stroking - or simply think it was not much of anything or not anything at all...it doesn't matter. Tez has to be smarter because his rep follows him every play of every game.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 11:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's not surprising. If you don't want to see it, it's not going to be there. 

Forearm shiver was a bit excessive a comparison (because i knew it would be taken too literally), but it was as close to that as it was "moving his arm".

Or you want to see what’s not there. But don’t worry I’m not disappointed in you or stunned because you have a different opinion from me.

Reply/Quote