Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head Coach Calling Plays
(02-06-2019, 10:13 AM)Synric Wrote: Daryl Williams disagrees.

I say get more than one!  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:21 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: This is a big deal, especially if we have success. Losing an O Coordinator can really set a team back. I'm very excited to see him as the play caller. I'm not a Dalton hater, but not a big fan either. I think Dalton and Goff are not that different of QB's....Dalton can excel in this offense.

What is nice is that if teams try to play us like the Pats did with Goff, Dalton can read Defenses.

Great fall back having a smart QB. Goff wasn't ready to read the Pats D.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 10:18 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Better than having a complacent person at HC just showing up to collect his paycheck.

Don't insult Marvin, Fred might get his feefees hurt.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:37 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: In all seriousness I believe Dalton > Goff. I’ve watched a lot of Rams games and I would say Dalton is more accurate on the short-mid range throws. Dalton CAN scramble when he needs to and I think he has more ability than Goff there as well. Add in the brains just from sheer experience and Dalton is better all things considered. Both the Bengals and Rams have talent and they both have very similar talent in the specialty positions. If Ross can grow as a player and the staff utilize him correctly, we essentially have comparable talent at the skilled positions.

Please God I hope Taylor addresses the offensive line and does so aggressively. If he does that I think this offense will blow the top off the league next year——top 5 for sure.

Imagine how the Rams would be if they didn't get Whitworth and Sullivan two years ago. I would think/hope Taylor saw this and knows to prioritize OL. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 10:13 AM)Synric Wrote: Daryl Williams disagrees.

JaWuan James disagrees too.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 02:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Imagine how the Rams would be if they didn't get Whitworth and Sullivan two years ago. I would think/hope Taylor saw this and knows to prioritize OL. 

One would almost have to consider this a given.  How nice would it be to sign two OLine starters in FA?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 02:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: JaWuan James disagrees too.

Sign James and draft a RG in rounds 2-3. White in the first. Boom.

With as many Dolphins connections as we see slowly appearing into PBS, James would arguably be the most satisfying. Ja'Wuan is in my projected free agency signings for my mock draft I'm working on Cool  He is the only splash I am asking for us to make. I'll take others, but please give me James!
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 03:21 PM)Takedown Wrote: Sign James and draft a RG in rounds 2-3. White in the first. Boom.

With as many Dolphins connections as we see slowly appearing into PBS, James would arguably be the most satisfying. Ja'Wuan is in my projected free agency signings for my mock draft I'm working on Cool  He is the only splash I am asking for us to make. I'll take others, but please give me James!

I haven't watched much of James, how did he play last season?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 03:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I haven't watched much of James, how did he play last season?

He played through a knee injury in 2018 (15 games) and still did well. 70.8 (#33 in OT's) ranking on PFF. 67.3 Pass and 69.1 Run. He's expected to be better than that in 2019.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 03:40 PM)Takedown Wrote: He played through a knee injury in 2018 (15 games) and still did well. 70.8 (#33 in OT's) ranking on PFF. 67.3 Pass and 69.1 Run. He's expected to be better than that in 2019.

Think i would rather have Trent Brown.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 03:21 PM)Takedown Wrote: Sign James and draft a RG in rounds 2-3. White in the first. Boom.

Ja’Wuan James due to Miami connection and Jordan Hicks due to Lakota connection and I think the team would be in far better shape and flexibility come draft time.
Cut Burfict if $$ is concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:21 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: This is a big deal, especially if we have success.  Losing an O Coordinator can really set a team back.  I'm very excited to see him as the play caller.  I'm not a Dalton hater, but not a big fan either.  I think Dalton and Goff are not that different of QB's....Dalton can excel in this offense.

Zac Taylor just hired Turner for O-line,this is bad bad news for him to hire this thug to come here.This is just so negative and fans are going to call him out on this,I hope he changes his mind as this guy has NEVER had a pro-ball line in all his coaching and Black players do not like this dude.Just saying what I heard about him. Cool Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 10:10 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Cordy Glenn has the significantly better track record, is a better pass blocker and won't break the bank (though he is making a lot), like Brown will.

Glenn just has to be healthy and we have one of the 10 best LTs in the game.

Hmm, typically I agree with your football thoughts, but I might want to differ with you on this one.  Glenn, even when he wasn't injured, didn't play up to the top 10 salary he received.  Now, I agree that he's at least worth keeping around, purely on a need and talent basis, but I'd like him a lot better for 5.2M than I do for 9.2M..  Just sayin', there's a lot of good they could do elsewhere, or even at the same position, with that money.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:37 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: In all seriousness I believe Dalton > Goff. I’ve watched a lot of Rams games and I would say Dalton is more accurate on the short-mid range throws. Dalton CAN scramble when he needs to and I think he has more ability than Goff there as well. Add in the brains just from sheer experience and Dalton is better all things considered. Both the Bengals and Rams have talent and they both have very similar talent in the specialty positions. If Ross can grow as a player and the staff utilize him correctly, we essentially have comparable talent at the skilled positions.

Please God I hope Taylor addresses the offensive line and does so aggressively. If he does that I think this offense will blow the top off the league next year——top 5 for sure.

Someone will disagree with you in the Dalton and Goff thing, but I won't. About the only thing that I've seen that Goff can do better than Dalton is get drafted number 1. The last time I said he wasn't all that, the best comeback I got was he was taken first over all for a reason...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 09:29 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Zac Taylor just hired Turner for O-line,this is bad bad news for him to hire this thug to come here.This is just so negative and fans are going to call him out on this,I hope he changes his mind as this guy has NEVER had a pro-ball line in all his coaching and Black players do not like this dude.Just saying what I heard about him. Cool Cool

Bigotry exists in every facet of our society. Given that it originates from fear and emanates through our actions, Bengals will limit public exposure to him in near term, and monitor him closely.

Browns are delved into every aspect of the Team. PB is not Ross!

Turner's past actions could be more a function of lack of emotional maturity, rather than bigotry.

He has been punished severely for his immaturity in the past. This is his second chance at coaching life in NFL.

Let's see what he brings.
Reply/Quote
Taylor had a pretty impressive resume in college. Threw for 3197 yards, 26 TD's and only 8 INT's in 2006, when he won Big 12 offensive player of the year. Never made it past training camp with the Bucs though. Maybe he could serve as emergency QB? Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It seems like it's a tough ask for a coach to call plays and be the HC. He's going to have to put in 60-80 hours a week to be successful.

Most head coaches put in way more than that.... more like 100 hours a week during the season. I know from hearing Marvin talk, his schedule was brutal.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 09:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, typically I agree with your football thoughts, but I might want to differ with you on this one.  Glenn, even when he wasn't injured, didn't play up to the top 10 salary he received.  Now, I agree that he's at least worth keeping around, purely on a need and talent basis, but I'd like him a lot better for 5.2M than I do for 9.2M..  Just sayin', there's a lot of good they could do elsewhere, or even at the same position, with that money.

I would agree with you as well, but Brown will parlay his one season into a significantly higher salary than Glenn, IMO, thus is the trade off worth it?

Let Glenn be fully healthy and we'll reap the benefits.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 01:17 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Taylor had a pretty impressive resume in college. Threw for 3197 yards, 26 TD's and only 8 INT's in 2006, when he won Big 12 offensive player of the year. Never made it past training camp with the Bucs though. Maybe he could serve as emergency QB?  Ninja

Ooh, a player-coach, interesting idea. Haven't seen that in Cincinnati since Pete Rose!
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote