Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head Coach Calling Plays
(02-05-2019, 06:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: As of right now I'm a bit concerned about defense. Unless they land a very accomplished and good DC who can work well with both players and the HC it might create quite a disconnect. 
JDR seems like the guy, but so far as much as I can make out nothing is set there.. I almost wonder if at some point they might consider seeing if Marvin might be interested and if so what kind of environment his demotion and rehire might create. I certainly don't expect that to happen , but they could do worse than having Marv as the chief of the defense..
Can anyone even imagine how such a scenario might wash out? 

go whittle on something gramps.  you've reached your idea limit for the day.

good christ no.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There is no way Marvin can come back it would undermine Taylor as the leader.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:34 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: I agree Bernard can find a bigger role with the new scheme.   I'm also a Ross fan, and see untapped potential there.  Boyd should also excel as the slot guy.

Mixon benefits the most, he's the T. Gurley now.....I expect a big season for 28

Good point on Mixon.  2019 could be huge for him.

(02-05-2019, 05:37 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: In all seriousness I believe Dalton > Goff. I’ve watched a lot of Rams games and I would say Dalton is more accurate on the short-mid range throws. Dalton CAN scramble when he needs to and I think he has more ability than Goff there as well. Add in the brains just from sheer experience and Dalton is better all things considered. Both the Bengals and Rams have talent and they both have very similar talent in the specialty positions. If Ross can grow as a player and the staff utilize him correctly, we essentially have comparable talent at the skilled positions.

Please God I hope Taylor addresses the offensive line and does so aggressively. If he does that I think this offense will blow the top off the league next year——top 5 for sure.

That's going to be critical.  That's the big difference in the two teams offensively right there.

(02-05-2019, 06:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: As of right now I'm a bit concerned about defense. Unless they land a very accomplished and good DC who can work well with both players and the HC it might create quite a disconnect. 
JDR seems like the guy, but so far as much as I can make out nothing is set there.. I almost wonder if at some point they might consider seeing if Marvin might be interested and if so what kind of environment his demotion and rehire might create. I certainly don't expect that to happen , but they could do worse than having Marv as the chief of the defense..
Can anyone even imagine how such a scenario might wash out? 

This was actually discussed on CincyJungle. No thanks, no more Marv stink.

(02-05-2019, 06:49 PM)Takedown Wrote: I don't think its a good idea simply because Marvin is too comfortable in PBS. We need Taylor to lead this team.

It would be awkward for sure.

(02-05-2019, 07:10 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: go whittle on something gramps.  you've reached your idea limit for the day.

good christ no.

What he said. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Gonna go out on a limb and say he will not hire a DC who was once a HC. Does he really need a guy saying here, this is how I did it, this is what got me fired.

McVay hiring Wade as DC, imo, was really about Wade being a great DC and not about having a fired former HC around.

Zac is gonna do things his way, so this perceived need to have a former HC on his staff may not apply.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:16 PM)mon4078 Wrote: There is no way Marvin can come back it would undermine Taylor as the leader.

there is a reason a HC never comes back and takes a lesser job with the same club...   (at least without leaving for a few years)
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 06:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Taylor has never called plays in an NFL game.

Taylor has never been a HC in an NFL game.

I hope he isn't biting off too much too fast.

There's always that chance that he might be getting in over his head.  Heck, I'm sure that there were plenty of LA fans that said the same thing when McVay got his shot.  Fortunately for Taylor, he's in a good place.  The Bengals management will likely put complete faith and trust in him, as well as give him all the room he needs to get his system in order, before passing any judgements on him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:37 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: In all seriousness I believe Dalton > Goff. I’ve watched a lot of Rams games and I would say Dalton is more accurate on the short-mid range throws. Dalton CAN scramble when he needs to and I think he has more ability than Goff there as well. Add in the brains just from sheer experience and Dalton is better all things considered. Both the Bengals and Rams have talent and they both have very similar talent in the specialty positions. If Ross can grow as a player and the staff utilize him correctly, we essentially have comparable talent at the skilled positions.

Please God I hope Taylor addresses the offensive line and does so aggressively. If he does that I think this offense will blow the top off the league next year——top 5 for sure.

Offensive Line is the big difference between the 2 teams

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:29 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Offensive Line is the big difference between the 2 teams

He's an offense guy.  Offense starts with blocking.  He will insist and I doubt there will even be any resistance.  This guy will get everything he wants.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 08:30 PM)McC Wrote: He's an offense guy.  Offense starts with blocking.  He will insist and I doubt there will even be any resistance.  This guy will get everything he wants.

Yep,

I'd say the way they basically canned the entire coaching staff and hit reboot they're gonna give ZT a ton of room to do what he wants, with whom he wants, how he wants.

I'm thinking it may well be an unprecedented amount of room ! By Bengal standards
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:05 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Del Rio will not be our DC.

Any insight on why or have you heard/seen anything or is it just your opinion?

If it's just your opinion, why is it your opinion?

I feel like Mike is pretty much out of the game right now and will let Taylor bring in whoever he wants, which I think Del Rio would bring the kind of fire and energy that Taylor's looking for.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 08:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep,

I'd say the way they basically canned the entire coaching staff and hit reboot they're gonna give ZT a ton of room to do what he wants, with whom he wants, how he wants.

I'm thinking it may well be an unprecedented amount of room ! By Bengal standards

The first order of business for Taylor is get this guy...Trent Brown

[Image: T13M47X.jpg]
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 06:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: no more screen passes or arrow routes on 3rd and 13 for a 5 yd gain anymore then punt.
praise the Lord.

I somewhat thought that myself but I keep having the nightmare of the playing calling of the Rams in the Super Bowl.. WTF was that?  talk about a head coaching brain cramp in the big game.. WOW ,  I hope he learned something from seeing that play calling 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 08:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Any insight on why or have you heard/seen anything or is it just your opinion?

I feel like Mike is pretty much out of the game right now and will let Taylor bring in whoever he wants, which I think Del Rio would bring the kind of fire and energy that Taylor's looking for.

Lol Brad, literally 1 hour after it was announced they were meeting, it was reported that he isn't interested.

(02-05-2019, 09:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The first order of business for Taylor is get this guy...Trent Brown

[Image: T13M47X.jpg]

Absolutely friggin' not.

No 1 year wonders and he wasn't even THAT stellar, this year.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 08:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Any insight on why or have you heard/seen anything or is it just your opinion?

There was a report this morning that came out that Taylor/JDR both agreed it wasn't meant to be.
Reply/Quote

It's not an opinion. It's been discussed at length in Zac Taylor subforum.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 09:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lol Brad, literally 1 hour after it was announced they were meeting, it was reported that he isn't interested.

(02-05-2019, 09:55 PM)Goncrazzy Wrote: There was a report this morning that came out that Taylor/JDR both agreed it wasn't meant to be.

(02-05-2019, 09:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's not an opinion. It's been discussed at length in Zac Taylor subforum.

Oh well.......  I still have faith that we'll bring someone in that's a quality coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 09:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lol Brad, literally 1 hour after it was announced they were meeting, it was reported that he isn't interested.

Absolutely friggin' not.

No 1 year wonders and he wasn't even THAT stellar, this year.

He is the best FA OT that is better than what the Bengals have but only if the price is right.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 12:45 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: He is the best FA OT that is better than what the Bengals have but only if the price is right.  

Cordy Glenn has the significantly better track record, is a better pass blocker and won't break the bank (though he is making a lot), like Brown will.

Glenn just has to be healthy and we have one of the 10 best LTs in the game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 12:45 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: He is the best FA OT that is better than what the Bengals have but only if the price is right.  

Daryl Williams disagrees.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 06:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Taylor has never called plays in an NFL game.

Taylor has never been a HC in an NFL game.

I hope he isn't biting off too much too fast.

Better than having a complacent person at HC just showing up to collect his paycheck.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote