Poll: Will Zac Taylor and the Front Office make the "right" choice in round 1 of draft?
This poll is closed.
yes
94.74%
18 94.74%
no
5.26%
1 5.26%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head Coach Taylor's Big Moment
New Head Coach Taylor's big moment will occur tonight in round 1 of the NFL draft. Bengal fans and pundits will remember Taylor's draft choice tonight for better or worse. It behooves Taylor and the front office to make the consensual "right" choice whatever that may be.

I know the Bengals draft by committee but the choice tonight will reflect upon Taylor as the figure head of the organization. Godspeed Zac Taylor.

The poll is simple, will Taylor and the Bengals Front Office make the consensual "right" choice in the first round of the NFL draft according to many fans and pundits?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I sure hope so.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 06:42 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I sure hope so.

same here brother
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
No one here agrees on what the "right choice" is.

So no matter who he takes some will say it was the right choice and other will say it was the dumbest selection ever.

Also, we really have no idea how much influence Taylor has on the pick.
Reply/Quote
The perception by many is that Taylor had significant input on the selection of new coaching personnel. For better or worse, tonight's draft choice will reflect upon Taylor as the new figure head of the organization.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Since I have no faith in the FO, due to record and no faith in Taylor, due to lack of record, I have to vote no until proven otherwise.
Reply/Quote
I hate as fans we focus only on the first round.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 07:17 PM)Synric Wrote: I hate as fans we focus only on the first round.

I think fans will focus on draft as a whole but since Taylor is new HC, his first choice of draft is a big moment for him.  I just hope it is a reasonable choice.  Like Fred stated, people will always complain but if it a reasonable choice, many will be satisfied.  If it is consensual good choice, then many will consider the pick the right choice for this organization in going forward.  We will not know how good the choice is until years down the road.  

With that said, the OG choice was a head scratcher.  Lewis and front office made many head scratchers.  But Lewis's first pick as the new head coach (Palmer) was considered by many the right one.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Great 1st round.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:20 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Great 1st round.

totally agree.. rated on most draft boards as top 6 PBA... we get him with #11 and in an area of need at that.. also Bush who i do think is a solid player was over drafted in typical draft years.. as good as he might be .. Steelers over drafted him as a LB at that position.. if we pick a 2nd round LB. that value could so small in talent and performance level compared to Bush and way better than what Steelers gave up.. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
"I give it a 10! A 10!" ~ Billy Bob
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:20 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Great 1st round.

I think the pick is a great pick and shows the Bengals are serious about fixing the offense.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
What is KEY is that on internet after the pick was Coach Taylor happy and says this was " An Easy Choice ". That this kid from Bama and SEC can really Block. So Bengals Front Office and Coaches WERE on the same page AS IT SHOULD BE. With all the names on the board in 1, it makes no sense not to pick somebody the coaches want.

So I LOVE this pick because the Coach likes it. Plus the 2 Devin Linebackers were gone. Bengals need Blocking. No Blockers taken. Bengals drafted the first O Lineman in the Draft. This guy from SEC Bama can flat out block and they say he can play anywhere on the line. Left Tackle, Right Tackle, Guard, Center. Whitworth could play anywhere and the LA Rams coach knows that as new Bengals coach.

I see this team building a 1980's Bengals Super Bowl type O Line, and THAT is a good thing. With Blocking Bengals will be able to beat the better teams in Prime Time, Play-Offs, anywhere, With Blocking.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Anybody think Mike Brown would've picked an OT after giving that contract to Bobby Hart? Or can we finally admit that maybe he doesn't have the final say everyone thinks he does?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:07 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Anybody think Mike Brown would've picked an OT after giving that contract to Bobby Hart? Or can we finally admit that maybe he doesn't have the final say everyone thinks he does?

I think Katie and the new regime has taken over IMO.  Hard to pass on the best OT available from the SEC that can play any of 3 offensive line positions (RT, LT, G) day one.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:07 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Anybody think Mike Brown would've picked an OT after giving that contract to Bobby Hart? Or can we finally admit that maybe he doesn't have the final say everyone thinks he does?

Lap said that Mike Brown has been extremely hands off in regards to the draft this year. Letting Duke and Co run the show.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:11 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Katie and the new regime has taken over IMO.  Hard to pass on the best OT available from the SEC that can play any of 3 offensive line positions (RT, LT, G) day one.  

(04-26-2019, 12:16 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Lap said that Mike Brown has been extremely hands off in regards to the draft this year. Letting Duke and Co run the show.

I agree, but you know how it is around here...
Reply/Quote