Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head Hunting
https://mobile.twitter.com/xmasape/status/777571471765954560/video/1

This is just one example of Thug Mitchell.  Now that the Bengals have to go against 12 men I think to beat these guys is to fight fire with fire, sadly.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 01:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/xmasape/status/777571471765954560/video/1

This is just one example of Thug Mitchell.  Now that the Bengals have to go against 12 men I think to beat these guys is to fight fire with fire, sadly.

Stop! This is killing the national narrative that the Bengals are the bad guys. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Yeah its pretty soft to cry about flagging no contact but if I were a ref I would've nipped that in the bud with something verbal. Clearly the only thing that saved AJ from a neck/head shot was him randomly going down before Mitchell hit him. But then again, its pretty clear which team the refs were protecting that game. So am I surprised nothing happened? Nope
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 01:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/xmasape/status/777571471765954560/video/1

I remember watching this play and clearly seeing a ref looking at Mitchell. I thought the Ref would have some words with him but nope. Nothing to see here.
Reply/Quote
I just flat out hate that guy. Those kind of plays are the norm for him, thank God AJ got down under it or that could have been ugly (and, as we all know, would NOT have gotten flagged)
Reply/Quote
Maybe he'll try that kind of shit on Hewitt in December and break his own neck in the process... wouldn't that be karma!?
Reply/Quote
You won't see a single Steelers fan say this guy is a dirty player either.... that right there is the entire problem with the NFL. Their fans won't admit it, the media won't admit it, the league won't admit it.

But Burfict should be suspended for life. That's the only opinion to have in this league right?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 06:25 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: I just flat out hate that guy.  Those kind of plays are the norm for him, thank God AJ got down under it or that could have been ugly (and, as we all know, would NOT have gotten flagged)

Okay, I am not, not will I ever be politically correct, so I'll just tell it like it is. If Mitchell, and guys like him, weren't talented enough to get college scholarships, then NFL contracts, they'd be thugs in a gang, somewhere, shooting innocent black children as collateral damage in drive by shootings!
Reply/Quote
LOL. You can't make this stuff up. Mitchell goes helmet to helmet against the Raiders last year that knocks out Latavius Murray and leads to a fumble, but Fouts praises him for his "good sportsmanship" afterwards. The NFL must agree as it goes with that caption on its own website:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000575227/Mike-Mitchell-great-sportsmanship-checks-on-Latavius-Murray-after-big-hit
Reply/Quote
as Ric Flair was often referred to, I must say Thug Mitchell may be the "Dirtiest Player in the Game"
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I remember thinking "Wow that moron Mitchell would have actually got an interception there if he played the game correctly."
Reply/Quote

I just think to myself, what would Hines Ward do?   That was one of the reasons I loved the Cody Core pick.  He's an aggressive blocker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 01:41 PM)Housh Wrote: Yeah its pretty soft to cry about flagging no contact but if I were a ref I would've nipped that in the bud with something verbal. Clearly the only thing that saved AJ from a neck/head shot was him randomly going down before Mitchell hit him. But then again, its pretty clear which team the refs were protecting that game. So am I surprised nothing happened? Nope

So the officials were on "high alert" to make sure that anarchy did not resume from the playoff debacle, and what was the response of the officials?  "Let the boys play".   Smart right?

If Mitchel had connected there would have been a 50/50 chance there would even be a penalty.  If Jones would connect on that type of play he's be out 3 games.  I'll say this Michell, unlike our safeties this year, puts himself in position to make a play and possibly a clean but devastating hit.  But he does not go for the clean hit and our safeties were both MIA Sunday.

If you truly want to control a game you call every nit picking thing against both teams in the first quarter and everything will just settle down.  You've established parameters for both teams.   Every pre-teen girls soccer team knows this.  Now the soccer refs don't necessarily have this figured out.  But they aren't making several hundred thousand dollars a year for a multi billion dollar industry.  And they are reffing girls that are under 5 feet tall and under 80 lbs.

If they had called everything it would have been a different game.  We would have lost a touchdown where Whit had a choke hold on the DL.   But I think we would have made a lot more yardage in the air and possibly a different outcome.  Regardless you have a lot less b----ing from everybody when the game is done.

And that does nothing to deal with the stupidity of the replay of the Boyd "fumble".  Everyone in the stands, the TV audience and the not unbiased announcer booth knew that should have come back.  Blandino is an idiot if nothing else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote