Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heading into Training Camp
Training camp stats on Saturday for rookies and gets fully going next week. So bring out your crystal balls

who will be your

surprise cut Tyler Shelvin

surprise keep Tariqious Tisdaleiiii

pre-season MVP Kwamie Lassiter

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:30 AM)pally Wrote: Training camp stats on Saturday for rookies and gets fully going next week.  So bring out your crystal balls

who will be your

surprise cut       Tyler Shelvin

surprise keep    Tariqious Tisdaleiiii

pre-season MVP   Kwamie Lassiter

Surprise cut - Trey Hill (Would have listed Adeniji here but didn't think that'd be much of a surprise)
Surprise keep - Ben Brown (replaces Hill as the new backup C)
Preseason MVP - Scotty Washington (showcases pass catching ability from TE position now at 247 lb)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Surprise cut: Thaddeus Moss - not that it's that much of a surprise

Surprise keep: Markus Bailey - he kinda shines

MVP: Kwamie Lassiter: 150 yards and 2 TD's in preseason
Reply/Quote
These would be some surprises.

Cut: NT Josh Topou. I don't see it, but if Shelvin dominated it could be a numbers game.

Keep: QB Blake Bortles. He's not even a Bengal and they seem to keep being happy with Allen.

MVP: RB Samaje Perine. I feel like he could do great and still won't get credit.
Reply/Quote
Surprise cut: Josh Tupou (We are pretty solid with run stopping DT's and I think Shelvin stays fit this year)

Surprise keep: Tariq Tisdale (Same as Pally said, this guy Tisdale is an athletic freak and if he has a great TC and PS
he could stick as a 3-tech where we are developing Zach Carter for the future. Ben Brown also could push for a spot
behind Karras as Ocho said and we cut Trey Hill who has had knee injuries and isn't athletic at all.)

Pre-season MVP: Kwame Lassiter (Burrow already likes this guy and the WR4 position is pretty open where we need
speed and a Returner, this guy has both qualities we need behind our top 3 guys)
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Surprise cut: Josh Tupou (We are pretty solid with run stopping DT's and I think Shelvin stays fit this year)

Surprise keep: Tariq Tisdale (Same as Pally said, this guy Tisdale is an athletic freak and if he has a great TC and PS
he could stick as a 3-tech where we are developing Zach Carter for the future. Ben Brown also could push for a spot
behind Karras as Ocho said and we cut Trey Hill who has had knee injuries and isn't athletic at all.)

Pre-season MVP: Kwame Lassiter (Burrow already likes this guy and the WR4 position is pretty open where we need
speed and a Returner, this guy has both qualities we need behind our top 3 guys)

To be honest, I only chose him because I like his name Wink

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Surprise cut: Josh Tupou (We are pretty solid with run stopping DT's and I think Shelvin stays fit this year)

speed and a Returner,
this guy has both qualities we need behind our top 3 guys)

I didn't think Lassiter was overly fast?
He's not pedestrian like Tate, but he doesn't seem like a sub-4.5 guy.
I'll be curious to see how he does in preseason, but from what I've seen of him and read from others, he's about average speed and athleticism.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:30 AM)pally Wrote: Training camp stats on Saturday for rookies and gets fully going next week.  So bring out your crystal balls

who will be your

From what I read toward the end of the year, the coaches said the only thing keeping Shelvin from getting more snaps were the players in front of him. I think he may have improved more than we know, and will get his chance.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 02:16 PM)pally Wrote: To be honest, I only chose him because I like his name Wink

Freak of an athlete for his size. Crazy pro day numbers for a guy as big as him.

You would think he was an End or even a LB with the numbers he put up and his is nearly 300 pounds.

It is a cool name too though. Smirk

(07-21-2022, 02:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I didn't think Lassiter was overly fast?
He's not pedestrian like Tate, but he doesn't seem like a sub-4.5 guy.
I'll be curious to see how he does in preseason, but from what I've seen of him and read from others, he's about average speed and athleticism.

Some guys are just faster on the field than their forty numbers. Lassiter could be this type of player. 

Sure looks fast out there to me in the little clips I saw and everybody seemed to be raving at him at rookie, voluntary 
and Mandatory OTA's. Just the spot where we need a guy of his skillset, we will see if he keeps it up in Training Camp.

(07-21-2022, 04:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: From what I read toward the end of the year, the coaches said the only thing keeping Shelvin from getting more snaps were the players in front of him. I think he may have improved more than we know, and will get his chance.

He looked really big and overweight when I watched him in the regular season last year. Just needs to stay in shape.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 04:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: From what I read toward the end of the year, the coaches said the only thing keeping Shelvin from getting more snaps were the players in front of him. I think he may have improved more than we know, and will get his chance.

He still looked out of shape in an Instagram video a couple of weeks ago

Reply/Quote
Surprise Cut - Marcus Bailey

Surprise Keep - Justin Rigg

Pre-Season MVP - Chris Evans
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Freak of an athlete for his size. Crazy pro day numbers for a guy as big as him.

You would think he was an End or even a LB with the numbers he put up and his is nearly 300 pounds.

It is a cool name too though. Smirk

Some guys are just faster on the field than their forty numbers. Lassiter could be this type of player. 

Sure looks fast out there to me in the little clips I saw and everybody seemed to be raving at him at rookie, voluntary 
and Mandatory OTA's. Just the spot where we need a guy of his skillset, we will see if he keeps it up in Training Camp.

He looked really big and overweight when I watched him in the regular season last year. Just needs to stay in shape.

True, but I didn't notice him being overly fast either on the clips I've seen.
The scouting reports I've seen on him that mention the average speed/athleticism I'm assuming they also determined from the film, or at least cross-referenced that with his testing numbers.

FWIW, here are his testing numbers - https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=21515
Overall - 4.54 (poor)
Height - 5'10.875" (3/10 - poor)
Weight - 185 (2.82/10 - poor)
Vert - 33.5 (4.33/10 - poor)
Broad - 10.0' (5.8/10 - average)
40 - 4.52 (6.85/10 - average)
10 split - 1.62 (3.87/10 - poor)
shuttle - 4.23 (6.47/10 - average)
3-cone - 7.32 (1.64/10 - poor)

Is it possible myself and others saw the testing first and then went to the film and had a jaded opinion of the film because we knew the testing beforehand? Possibly.
But even going back I don't see above average speed and athleticism for a NFL WR.
I see a guy who can be solid and make some plays, which does have value.
I could see him being similar to Alex Erickson, who has shown he can put up 500+ yards if given enough opportunities. That might be ok for a WR4.
We'll have to see.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Surprise cut.....Brandon Wilson. I actually like Wilson a lot. Great return skills, but in 5 years he has only played 379 snaps on defense. We drafted 3 DBs and Cam Taylor-Britt returned punts and kicks in college. We don't have a spot for a guy who just returns kicks.
Reply/Quote
Preseason MVP will be either Perine or Evans.

I figure the new O-line guys will have to play some in the preseason to get their timing down, but I don't see any of the starting skill guys taking any real snaps. So Perine and Evans will both get a lot of carries behind the starting O-line.

Evans has some skills but he has never been able to stay healthy. Here are some interesting comparisons of Perine's and Evans' college stats.

Most rushing yards in a single season by Evans..........685
Most rushing yards in a single game by Perine............427

Rushing yards in freshman season by Perine..............1713
Rushing yards in entire 4 year career by Evans..........1795
Reply/Quote
Surprise Cut: Morgan Stanley

Surprise Keep: Jaivon Heiligh

Preseason MVP: Joseph Ossai
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

who will be your

Only because I still think they keep him one more year, my surprise cut will be Kevin Huber.  And I think Huber goes with him.  The battery of Adomidis and Crissman will take over.  

My surprise keep will be Jack Sorenson, since you took Tisdale.

Pre-season MVP will be Thad Moss.  
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 07:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Only because I still think they keep him one more year, my surprise cut will be Kevin Huber.  And I think Huber goes with him.  The battery of Adomidis and Crissman will take over.  

My surprise keep will be Jack Sorenson, since you took Tisdale.

Pre-season MVP will be Thad Moss.  

Do you mean Clark Harris will be gone too?

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 11:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Surprise cut - Trey Hill (Would have listed Adeniji here but didn't think that'd be much of a surprise)
Preseason MVP - Scotty Washington (showcases pass catching ability from TE position now at 247 lb)

This would make a nice wager parlay...I think you nailed all three.  Bengals really like to hold on to their draft picks, but Hill has shown a propensity to hold way too much and doesn't get away with it here.   Not a talent at all.  Brown is a great selection here.

I am interested to see what Washington does, and if Moss and Wilcox aren't able to show due to injuries or anything else, he could thrive.

That makes me wonder:  Will Brandon Allen be playing almost every snap in preseason or will they bring in a developmental QB?  They have Jake Browning, but he is turd soup.  
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 08:10 AM)pally Wrote: Do you mean Clark Harris will be gone too?

Duh, Huber goes with Huber?  Have another coffee, Steve...

Yes, I meant Harris.  I think if the battery of Adomitis and Crissman can prove they can be as quick, efficient, and reliable as Huber and Harris, they will opt for the (much) stronger leg.

Huber really faded down the stretch, but his holding and rapport with Harris can't be understated.  If I had to wager, they will still be  here, but under the heading of "surprise" I chose to opt for the new guys.

Crissman also needs to show he can directional punt as well or better than Huber, not just boom it.  
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 11:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Surprise cut - Trey Hill (Would have listed Adeniji here but didn't think that'd be much of a surprise)

Hill/Brown would be my guesses as well. Hill certainly didn't inspire with his play last year. And, I'm not being mean, but the guy certainly doesn't have the body of an NFL player. I was shocked seeing him close up on the sidelines last season. He looked like the wrestler Yokozuna poured into a Bengals uniform. I was honestly surprised that he could snap the ball. Now if he can play well, who cares what he looks like? The point is, his body has a lot of maturing to do and hopefully a year in the weight room has made him more powerful and agile. 
Reply/Quote