Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Health care is Privilege
(05-16-2017, 10:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well the pageant itself is not the misogynistic part of the post. It is the questioning of whether or not we can take the subject serious because a contestant said it.

You really didn't see that?   

It started that way when you made a point of saying in the opening line:

(05-15-2017, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Says the hottest woman in America:
Sorry if you meant to say she was a smart woman with views you agree with instead of someone you wanted Junior to marry.
Sold post otherwise....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-16-2017, 10:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well the pageant itself is not the misogynistic part of the post. It is the questioning of whether or not we can take the subject serious because a contestant said it.

You really didn't see that?   

"Misogyny" was your term, right?

I did not see a demeaning of women in questioning the attention placed upon the opinion of a contestant in a beauty contest, no. However, there might have been a trace of animus against an institution not known for valuing women as serious persons.

I add that one could be a serious misogynist and still like beauty pageants and what contestants say.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-16-2017, 10:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: It started that way when you made a point of saying in the opening line:

Sorry if you meant to say she was a smart woman with views you agree with instead of someone you wanted Junior to marry.
Sold post otherwise....

Stating a women is hot is not is not misogynistic; dismissing her thoughts simply because she is a participant in a beauty contest is.

Sure I want Jr to marry an attractive brilliant woman.

Your comment was the epitome of misogyny. But I know how this works, so I will cease; just thought it should be pointed out.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-16-2017, 10:09 PM)Dill Wrote: "Misogyny" was your term, right?

I did not see a demeaning of women in questioning the attention placed upon the opinion of a contestant in a beauty contest, no. However, there might have been a trace of animus against an institution not known for valuing women as serious persons.

I add that one could be a serious misogynist and still like beauty pageants and what contestants say.

You awareness has been noted.

JR has no chance. Just saying. You're assumption he does is the epitome of misogyny.

Best of luck to the young(ish?) buck though.
(05-16-2017, 10:09 PM)Dill Wrote: "Misogyny" was your term, right?

It's the right trying to claim ownership of something they never cared for...again.

Colbert makes a BJ joke and suddenly they care about gays people.

SNL has a girl who is slightly larger than Huckabee-Sanders and suddenly they care about women's body issues.

Someone starts a thread about health care but mentioning in the first line that the comment came from is the hottest woman in America...and it's everyone ELSE who is sexist and misogynistic for thinking the pageant isn't the best place for deep discussion on the subject. 

Over and over.

Nary a word when the FLOTUS was accused of being a man for eight years.  Nothing on any "jokes" by the Reverend Huckabee and other's expense on twitter.

Just fake outrage.
(05-16-2017, 10:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Stating a women is hot is not is not misogynistic; dismissing her thoughts simply because she is a participant in a beauty contest is.

This is the stupid shit you have to turn to when the person you posted about contradicts the premise of your thread. Sad.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-17-2017, 09:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is the stupid shit you have to turn to when the person you posted about contradicts the premise of your thread. Sad.

Well good day to you too.

Did you find the post to be misogynistic or are you just here to announce your presence with authority?

The forum gets more revealing each day,

(05-15-2017, 10:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1) IDK, because that is not the question(s) that were posed to her, She seems aware enough to have an opinion on the matter(s) if asked I would suppose.

2) I get that you are stereotyping her because she is black and for that you should be ashamed, but she's not "living off the government". She's being compensated for providing a service to her Nation.

(05-16-2017, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well this post is just oozing with Misogyny.

(05-16-2017, 10:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Stating a women is hot is not is not misogynistic; dismissing her thoughts simply because she is a participant in a beauty contest is.

Sure I want Jr to marry an attractive brilliant woman.

Your comment was the epitome of misogyny. But I know how this works, so I will cease; just thought it should be pointed out.

(05-16-2017, 10:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You awareness has been noted.

(05-17-2017, 09:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well good day to you too.

Did you find the post to be misogynistic or are you just here to announce your presence with authority?

Rolleyes
(05-17-2017, 06:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: It's the right trying to claim ownership of something they never cared for...again.

Colbert makes a BJ joke and suddenly they care about gays people.

SNL has a girl who is slightly larger than Huckabee-Sanders and suddenly they care about women's body issues.

Someone starts a thread about health care but mentioning in the first line that the comment came from is the hottest woman in America...and it's everyone ELSE who is sexist and misogynistic for thinking the pageant isn't the best place for deep discussion on the subject. 

Over and over.

Nary a word when the FLOTUS was accused of being a man for eight years.  Nothing on any "jokes" by the Reverend Huckabee and other's expense on twitter.

Just fake outrage.

You have zero idea who cares for what. All you have is words.

I have noticed when the right says something that can be viewed as misogynistic, homophobic, sexist, racist........... they re being closed-minded, hateful bigots and it's the left's duty to call them out. When the left makes the exact same comments they were just "joking" and the right is "faking outrage" by labeling the comments what they truly were.

Like I said: I know how it works. It used to surprise me, but you give me a name and I can tell you exactly what they will say. Seems everyone's moral compass points either to the left or right. Nobody's points true north.

(05-17-2017, 09:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well good day to you too.

Instead of asking loaded questions, just drop the act and move along to your next thread. I'd ask you if Dino's comments would be "misogynistic" if it were a male beauty pageant contestant, but I fear that you would respond with "it's bad form to answer a question with a question" instead of admitting that Dino's comments weren't misogynistic but rather you have nothing left to argue in this thread. 

(05-17-2017, 10:14 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Instead of asking loaded questions, just drop the act and move along to your next thread. I'd ask you if Dino's comments would be "misogynistic" if it were a male beauty pageant contestant, but I fear that you would respond with "it's bad form to answer a question with a question" instead of admitting that Dino's comments weren't misogynistic but rather you have nothing left to argue in this thread. 

Well given the definition of misogynistic; I'd say no.

Not sure what is loaded about asking your view on the comments; perhaps your answer would just have to be "nuanced".

So it's "an act" that I find his dismissal of her comments because of who made them and where they were made to be misogynistic?

I would like to appease you and state they weren't misogynistic in my opinion; however, I cannot. I do see you and others can.

I would and have made the same observation if anyone in the forum made similar comments.

Given my comments toward Benton earlier in the thread were tongue in cheek; however, he didn't try to defend his comments; simply used the "I didn't know" approach.

(05-17-2017, 10:14 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Instead of asking loaded questions, just drop the act and move along to your next thread. I'd ask you if Dino's comments would be "misogynistic" if it were a male beauty pageant contestant, but I fear that you would respond with "it's bad form to answer a question with a question" instead of admitting that Dino's comments weren't misogynistic but rather you have nothing left to argue in this thread. 

It's bad form so I'll be careful, but anyone can find threads on this board by members that discuss what a woman should act like and look like and if the FLOTUS is too manly...and there was no resistance from those with similar mindsets politically.  In fact there was vast support.

But we "know how this works".

Either way, the point became moot when she expanded on her thoughts.  Which is another reason I thought this was simply posted as a joke...a beauty pageant isn't the time or place for deep discussion on such an issue.  Any answer given is barely scratching the surface no matter how smart the contestant may be. 
(05-17-2017, 10:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: It's bad form so I'll be careful, but anyone can find threads on this board by members that discuss what a woman should act like and look like and if the FLOTUS is too manly...and there was no resistance from those with similar mindsets politically.  In fact there was vast support.

If you are suggesting I did not speak against these comments then you are misremembering.

I took umbrage and still do on any comments based solely on the physical appearance of the former First Lady.

Of course you might be talking about me and "just saying".

(05-17-2017, 10:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well given the definition of misogynistic; I'd say no.

Not sure what is loaded about asking your view on the comments; perhaps your answer would just have to be "nuanced".

So it's "an act" that I find his dismissal of her comments because of who made them and where they were made to be misogynistic?

I would like to appease you and state they weren't misogynistic in my opinion; however, I cannot. I do see you and others can.

I would and have made the same observation if anyone in the forum made similar comments.

Given my comments toward Benton earlier in the thread were tongue in cheek; however, he didn't try to defend his comments; simply used the "I didn't know" approach.

So your issue isn't that he's dismissing a beauty pageant contestant's opinion on health care, it's that he's dismissing a woman's opinion on health care. Makes sense since he said "We're really gonna argue health care as a right vs privilege because of a woman?" 

Also, your question was loaded because you had me chose between either stating his comments were misogynistic or just trying to make my presence known. "Did you find the post to be misogynistic or are you just here to announce your presence with authority?". If it wasn't intended to trap me into those two options, then my apologies. 

Finally, good luck, Bfine Jr. She's a keeper. 

A better retort to Dino would have been "Well, she's a trained chemist with a background in nuclear chemistry, working with the government on emergency preparedness, which is certainly related to public health."

(05-17-2017, 10:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Like I said: I know how it works. It used to surprise me, but you give me a name and I can tell you exactly what they will say. Seems everyone's moral compass points either to the left or right. Nobody's points true north.

What will I say?