Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Healthy '22 off season versus last year
Last year at this time some of the major issues being addressed here were.

"Will Joe Burrow be ready to start the season? Will he be 100% this year?"

"Jonah Williams has only played 10 of 32 games."

"Joe Mixon has only played a full 16 games one time on 4 years."

"I wonder if Reader will be worth all that money. Need to see him healthy."

"Wonder how Uzomah's numbers will look with Burrow. Hard to tell much based on just 96 snaps."

"Why did we use a second round pick on a guy who needed back surgery?"

"Will Hopkins be ready to start the season?"
Reply/Quote
Well we can say most of these have only play a 17 game season once in their Career this year at least.
Reply/Quote
We were really banged up before last season no question.

We are much better health wise going into this season. The only question is Cappa and from everything I heard he
will be ready to go come Training Camp. Same with all the other players who were banged up after the SuperBowl
like Tee and Logan who both had after season surgery.
Reply/Quote
They look much better heading into the start of this year for sure. My concern is staying healthy during TC and the regular season. They were pretty lucky with injuries last year so I am hoping that continues in 2022. Guys are going to get banged up and miss some games but I just hope they avoid the major injuries.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 10:42 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: They look much better heading into the start of this year for sure.  My concern is staying healthy during TC and the regular season. They were pretty lucky with injuries last year so I am hoping that continues in 2022.  Guys are going to get banged up and miss some games but I just hope they avoid the major injuries.

Well we did lose Ossai, D'Ante, Ogunjobi, Kareem, ADG, XSF, etc.

I mean we did have SOME injuries to guys that could of really helped us and there are more I forgot about.

Hopkins and Burrow played all season coming off of devastating injuries. Your starting Center and QB, pretty huge.

Adeniji and Spain were hurt the entire post season...
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 02:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well we did lose Ossai, D'Ante, Ogunjobi, Kareem, ADG, XSF, etc.

I mean we did have SOME injuries to guys that could of really helped us and there are more I forgot about.

Hopkins and Burrow played all season coming off of devastating injuries. Your starting Center and QB, pretty huge.

Adeniji and Spain were hurt the entire post season...

True but Ogunjobi was the only good starter of the bunch and he played most of the year. I’m referring to a QB, a WR, LT, CB etc missing a bunch of games. Every team is going to have a lot of injuries but I am talking about key players missing multiple games. The other guys were no doubt important contributors but not irreplaceable. I just think they were fortunate last year with regards to injuries.

Hopefully Ossai will break out this year as a third down pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 11:35 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: True but Ogunjobi was the only good starter of the bunch and he played most of the year.  I’m referring to a QB, a WR, LT, CB etc missing a bunch of games. Every team is going to have a lot of injuries but I am talking about key players missing multiple games. The other guys were no doubt important contributors but not irreplaceable.  I just think they were fortunate last year with regards to injuries.

Hopefully Ossai will break out this year as a third down pass rusher.

True, we were blessed in all those positions which was a big reason in us reaching the SuperBowl.

Ossai I have the highest hopes for of maybe all our young players besides the 2 young LB's in Logan and ADG.

What I liked to see is when a good starter like Ogunjobi went down a guy like BJ Hill really stood up and played great.

This is a sign of good coaching and the FO making a great trade in the first place. Billy Price for BJ Hill?

Straight up robbery.
Reply/Quote
It was actually more than just a "one season" difference.

Last year at this time many of us were concerned about the multi-year injury history of both Mixon and Williams.

Great to see both those guys not miss any games with injury.  Based on our recent luck with first round picks I was afraid Williams might be a bust.  I liked his talent, but was starting to get concerned with his injury issues.  Only playing 10 out of 32 games is a valid reason for concern.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It was actually more than just a "one season" difference.

Last year at this time many of us were concerned about the multi-year injury history of both Mixon and Williams.

Great to see both those guys not miss any games with injury.  Based on our recent luck with first round picks I was afraid Williams might be a bust.  I liked his talent, but was starting to get concerned with his injury issues.  Only playing 10 out of 32 games is a valid reason for concern.

Thankfully Chase broke the curse of like all our 1st round picks getting injured their rookie season...
Reply/Quote