Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hear me out-Neutral Site
If the neutral site scenario comes into play, we have yet to know what cities are in play. Indy and Detroit are the rumored candidates.

He's my hair-brained idea and why I think it would be ideal.

The league has said it could be indoors are outdoors. All of the top 3 seeds play outdoors, so a cold outdoor playoff game is more rule than exception.

The game should be in the Midwest/Great Lakes region, as all 3 seeds play home games there.

There will be a lot of season ticket holders from both fanbases wanting to get in after getting hosed out of home field in the title game.

Paycor holds a hair over 60k. Buffalo can't be much more. Unsure of KC's capacity.

You hold this game in the Shoe or the Big House.

100k seats, so you get most of your ST holders a shot at the game. Outdoors, Midwest, relatively centrally located. Plus it would be fun as hell.

Make up for your sins, NFL.
Reply/Quote
How would you feel if it played out where KC/BUF had to play the AFC Championship game at a neutral site and they choose Cincy?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hate the idea of neutral sites period. It gives games a less rabid feel. But since this is their great idea, and our Boyz somehow don't make it there they should play the game in Cincinnati. It's the least they can do.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think that might cause a riot. Thankfully it's not an option. They'd take a dome.
Reply/Quote
Browns/Blackburns would probably be a bit happier because more money, but personally I would feel a bit like they were just rubbing our noses in it.

Moot point anyway because the Bengals will be playing in the game, so it won't be here (unless both KC and Buffalo lose in the Divisional Round?).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
And the Bengals should get a portion of the revenue that was lost from Monday night!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 10:08 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I think that might cause a riot. Thankfully it's not an option. They'd take a dome.

Agreed. Not only would it be salt in the wound to have the AFCN title played in Cincy without the Bengals, the NFL seems to be very sensitive about Buffalo coming back to Cincy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If only we'd won that first pittsburg game.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How would you feel if it played out where KC/BUF had to play the AFC Championship game at a neutral site and they choose Cincy?

It would be good for local businesses but other than that I wouldn't care either way.  I thought I saw an article that said Goodell was going to pick the site if it came to that.  If true after the appropriate criticism from the Bengals today I don't think there is a chance in hell the NFL would pick Cincinnati.  But who knows things have been weird lately.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 10:12 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: If only we'd won that first pittsburg game.

How can anyone predict a longsnapper injury?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 10:14 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It would be good for local businesses but other than that I wouldn't care either way.  I thought I saw an article that said Goodell was going to pick the site if it came to that.  If true after the appropriate criticism from the Bengals today I don't think there is a chance in hell the NFL would pick Cincinnati.  But who knows things have been weird lately.

That's what I was thinking. It'd bring big revenue to the City and we get the cocessions revenue. it could be a "payback". 

IDK why they'd pick an indoor stadium to 2 outdoor teams

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 10:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: How can anyone predict a longsnapper injury?

Name Trae Waynes as your longsnapper..

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How would you feel if it played out where KC/BUF had to play the AFC Championship game at a neutral site and they choose Cincy?

Heard someone bring this exact idea the other day. If we play KC the game should be held in Buff and vise versa. I actually like it.
Reply/Quote
All proceeds go to the Joe Burrow contract fund?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:29 PM)samhain Wrote: If the neutral site scenario comes into play, we have yet to know what cities are in play.  Indy and Detroit are the rumored candidates.

The league has said it could be indoors are outdoors.  All of the top 3 seeds play outdoors, so a cold outdoor playoff game is more rule than exception.

The game should be in the Midwest/Great Lakes region, as all 3 seeds play home games there.

There will be a lot of season ticket holders from both fanbases wanting to get in after getting hosed out of home field in the title game.  

Paycor holds a hair over 60k.  Buffalo can't be much more.  Unsure of KC's capacity.  

100k seats, so you get most of your ST holders  a shot at the game.  Outdoors, Midwest, relatively centrally located.  Plus it would be fun as hell.  

Indy said no thanks. Volleyball tournament.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 10:57 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Indy said no thanks. Volleyball tournament.

I think Ann Arbor is the best plan.  Huge capacity.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:29 PM)samhain Wrote: If the neutral site scenario comes into play, we have yet to know what cities are in play.  Indy and Detroit are the rumored candidates.

The league has said it could be indoors are outdoors.  All of the top 3 seeds play outdoors, so a cold outdoor playoff game is more rule than exception.

Paycor holds a hair over 60k.  Buffalo can't be much more.  Unsure of KC's capacity.  

100k seats, so you get most of your ST holders  a shot at the game.  Outdoors, Midwest, relatively centrally located.  Plus it would be fun as hell.  

Should not be in the state of one of the teams... I like to see Soldier Field be the site
Reply/Quote
How about a true nuetral site.

Yankee Stadium  Wink

P.S. Did the Bengals copyright their stripes? Hmm
[Image: Yankee_Stadium_w_Logo.jpg?width=1416&hei...format=jpg]
[Image: ivlgnejg8b0et54w6vo5.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote