Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart
Hey Marv. You just got your ass kicked by a former assistant. How does that feel? Did you even try?
Reply/Quote
This song seems appropriate for this team. Just picture Merv singing it.

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:56 PM)car91 Wrote: Hey Marv. You just got your ass kicked by a former assistant. How does that feel? Did you even try?

The first time in his 15 year career as a HC that he has lost to one of his assistants. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This team isn't only missing heart. It's missing brains.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The first time in his 15 year career as a HC that he has lost to one of his assistants. 

Does that make it better?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:21 PM)car91 Wrote: Does that make it better?

Nope, still a loss; but just not grounds to start a thread about "you lose to your assistants because you have no heart" thread. 

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:21 PM)car91 Wrote: Does that make it better?

Who cares? Marvin lost to arguably the best team in the NFC, and their HC happens to be a former assistant, and one of his close friends.

What’s the point or he Marvin hate? He’s had a very good career here, having turned around the worst team in the league. It’s time for him to go, but he doesn’t deserve being run out of town like a shmuck.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:27 PM)Utts Wrote: Who cares? Marvin lost to arguably the best team in the NFC, and their HC happens to be a former assistant, and one of his close friends.

What’s the point or he Marvin hate? He’s had a very good career here, having turned around the worst team in the league. It’s time for him to go, but he doesn’t deserve being run out of town like a shmuck.

You're right, he turned the team around. The hate is because he's now turned them around again and we've essentially come full circtle. Kinda curious how a guy who pulled them out of the dark years has now seemingly led them right back.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The first time in his 15 year career as a HC that he has lost to one of his assistants. 

15 year career and zero playoff wins. That's the more important stat than any of this other nonsense. 
Reply/Quote
This team is like the Wizard of Oz: No heart, no brains, and no courage.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:48 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: 15 year career and zero playoff wins. That's the more important stat than any of this other nonsense. 

Sure is, but we don't have to worry about losing in the playoffs this year. 

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:45 PM)R3stangs Wrote: You're right, he turned the team around. The hate is because he's now turned them around again and we've essentially come full circtle. Kinda curious how a guy who pulled them out of the dark years has now seemingly led them right back.

I'm no huge Marvin fan, but I doubt Marvin was the one who told Mike to close his wallet and let our o-line fall apart...again.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm no huge Marvin fan, but I doubt Marvin was the one who told Mike to close his wallet and let our o-line fall apart...again.

I'm sure hes not alone. But if we're giving him all the credit for turning the team around to start with then you have to be consistent with it.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:58 PM)R3stangs Wrote: I'm sure hes not alone. But if we're giving him all the credit for turning the team around to start with then you have to be consistent with it.

Ah well ok then.  So will the next HC be the sole reason we succeed or the sole reason we fail?  I'm on the edge of my seat.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah well ok then.  So will the next HC be the sole reason we succeed or the sole reason we fail?  I'm on the edge of my seat.

I was responding to another post giving Marvin the credit. But keep trying to put words in my mouth for me.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:27 PM)Utts Wrote: Who cares? Marvin lost to arguably the best team in the NFC, and their HC happens to be a former assistant, and one of his close friends.

The last two seasons say otherwise.  The last two games scream it.  He is a schmuck.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:45 PM)R3stangs Wrote: You're right, he turned the team around. The hate is because he's now turned them around again and we've essentially come full circtle. Kinda curious how a guy who pulled them out of the dark years has now seemingly led them right back.
Well said. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

They are far from the low point they reached before Marvin got here. They were so terrible that the NFL commish had to come to town, to tell the Bengals they were diluting the value of the entire league, because they were like a BYE week for opponents. It was everything too, from the performance on the field, to their training facilities and equipment, and even the garbage they were feeding players. Marvin was determined to modernize the franchise, and that’s exactly what he did.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 11:03 PM)Utts Wrote: They are far from the low point they reached before Marvin got here. They were so terrible that the NFL commish had to come to town, to tell the Bengals they were diluting the value of the entire league, because they were like a BYE week for opponents. It was everything too, from the performance on the field, to their training facilities and equipment, and even the garbage they were feeding players. Marvin was determined to modernize the franchise, and that’s exactly what he did.

After watching most of this season and especially the last two games we’re going to have to agree to disagree that we’re far from that low point. I apreciate what he did as well at one time but he needs gone.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:02 PM)R3stangs Wrote: I was responding to another post giving Marvin the credit. But keep trying to put words in my mouth for me.

I'll see what I can do, but no promises!
Reply/Quote