Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart vs Head
With us being the kryptonite of the top team in the AFC (KC), a Dynasty isn't out of the question.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 03:59 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Yea... I don't understand why everyone is acting as though the Rams were undefeated.
They weren't.   They can be beaten.

The 4 fumbles lost in the second half of the TB game tells me everything I need to know about them.  They either lack fundamentals or choke or even better both.  I am not saying the Bengals are without fault but they have taken care of the ball quite well in the playoffs which is vitally important. 
Reply/Quote
The analytics doesn't measure intangibles. The Bengals play intangiBALL . It's the intangibles that will carry them to victory, I believe.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:32 PM)M.W. Wrote: The 4 fumbles lost in the second half of the TB game tells me everything I need to know about them.  They either lack fundamentals or choke or even better both.  I am not saying the Bengals are without fault but they have taken care of the ball quite well in the playoffs which is vitally important. 

Choking might very well be what they do when faced with pressure. Remember, Stafford nearly threw a game-costing pick against the 49ers. Plus, like you said, the 4 fumbles, so who knows?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Choking might very well be what they do when faced with pressure. Remember, Stafford nearly threw a game-costing pick against the 49ers. Plus, like you said, the 4 fumbles, so who knows?

When they started fumbling they were cruising to an easy victory so I think maybe the first 2 could have really been complacency , the last 2 maybe choking,  either way it was a pathetic display of football.
Reply/Quote
it wasn't even the 4 fumbles. McVay as "great" (and I like the guy) they say he is made some questionable and desperate coaching decisions and challenges. He coached flustered.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:32 PM)M.W. Wrote: The 4 fumbles lost in the second half of the TB game tells me everything I need to know about them.  They either lack fundamentals or choke or even better both.  I am not saying the Bengals are without fault but they have taken care of the ball quite well in the playoffs which is vitally important. 

(02-11-2022, 05:37 PM)M.W. Wrote: When they started fumbling they were cruising to an easy victory so I think maybe the first 2 could have really been complacency , the last 2 maybe choking,  either way it was a pathetic display of football.

(02-11-2022, 05:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: it wasn't even the 4 fumbles. McVay as "great" (and I like the guy) they say he is made some questionable and desperate coaching decisions and challenges. He coached flustered.

True, it definitely wasn't clutch football that has got them here. They almost choked away both the Bucs game which was 
completely inexcusable as they were up by a lot, don't even remember how much and they probably should of lost the game
to the 49ers with that dropped INT. Us on the other hand, we have came back against the Chiefs in clutch fashion and beat 
maybe the most physical team in the NFL in the Titans at their own game. This is while giving up 9 sacks.

I know the Rams aren't getting 9 sacks on us or at least I highly doubt they get even close to that many.

We have twice as many sacks as they have in the Playoffs 8 to 4.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They almost choked away both the Bucs game which was completely inexcusable as they were up by a lot, don't even remember how much 

The Rams had a 27-3 lead before winning the game 30-27.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The Rams had a 27-3 lead before winning the game 30-27.

Yeah, that was bad man. 

If that was my team I would be nervous about the Bengals, but their fans don't seem to be for some reason.

They think they are going to beat us down. Good luck and just what we want the other team to be thinking.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:09 PM)pally Wrote: I've been reading and watching all the game predictions.  It has become readily obvious that those choosing with their brains, you know all focusing on stats, rankings, previous performance, etc are all choosing the Rams.  The ones, throwing away the data are all choosing the Bengals. They choise the Bengals because they BELIEVE!!!!  just like us  Who Dey

If they are going stats, we've been predicted to lose all throughout the playoffs. But we didn't. Now those are the most important stats. Great thread Pally.

(02-11-2022, 04:06 PM)motoarch Wrote: It's kind of like the early years of the pats dynasty.  On paper they weren't often the best team.  They just kept winning anyway.

I'm not suggesting this team will become what they did.  That would be ridiculous.

Yes. My gut says when we fix this OL, we are gonna be the team to beat in the NFL.

(02-11-2022, 04:14 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Bengals can definitely win the game. The key to me is hitting Stafford. He will turn the ball over especially when pressured (if 49ers DB could catch I would be talking about Garappolo in this post).  Get after him and he will turn it over. Need a big game from Hendrickson.

They will bring it. We don't blitz a lot, but we do get to the QB often enough to shake the confidence. Our defense is not F'n around in this game.

(02-11-2022, 04:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Anus = Steelers

LOL Somehow, somewhere, someone named Ben got a chubby reading this post.

(02-11-2022, 05:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: With us being the kryptonite of the top team in the AFC (KC), a Dynasty isn't out of the question.....

No, it's not. I don't want to say I'm expecting it to happen because that would be foolish. Yet, I do feel our future is so bright, we have to wear shades.  Cool

(02-11-2022, 06:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know the Rams aren't getting 9 sacks on us or at least I highly doubt they get even close to that many.

Man. That DL of the Rams is not that DL of the Titans. Pollack will have a plan. The OL will know this game is possibly on their shoulders. I honestly think 3 sacks may be a reach. I expect to see a lot of Sample just in case. Plus, Mixon will be blocking as well when needed. These coaches ain't stupid and they know their biggest weakness. They will have an answer.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 07:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Man. That DL of the Rams is not that DL of the Titans. Pollack will have a plan. The OL will know this game is possibly on their shoulders. I honestly think 3 sacks may be a reach. I expect to see a lot of Sample just in case. Plus, Mixon will be blocking as well when needed. These coaches ain't stupid and they know their biggest weakness. They will have an answer.

I think so too, you watch the Burrow interview by Drew Brees Harley? 

Joe thinks they will have a great game plan for Donald and company.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think we have a great shot. People are expecting Donald and Von to feast, but I'm pretty sure the Titans game was the most pressure Burrow will see this year.

This game will be decided by other things. Turnovers. How our receivers fare against their corners. If we can slow Kupp.

I like our chances. We've done a great job slowing down key players like Derrick Henry, Tyreek Hill, Hunter Renfrow, etc.

The crazy thing is that KC had more QB pressures than the Titans, 17-13?

Joe did much better avoiding sacks I guess, but we know he will see pressure. And so does he, he’s a freak as he seems to relish it…
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 07:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think so too, you watch the Burrow interview by Drew Brees Harley? 

Joe thinks they will have a great game plan for Donald and company.

I didn't get to see it. May have to youtube.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 08:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I didn't get to see it. May have to youtube.

I just watched Zac Taylor interviewed by Tony dungy and he said he got fired from the Bearcats while at paul brown stadium watching the Bengals play the eagles..His brother was a coach on the Eagles.. Crazy shit.. Said it was only the 2nd game he ever went too.. These NBC interviews are amazing.. Dungy and Brees are great.  
Reply/Quote
Now wait a minute everyone.  The Rams have Aaron Donald, who has already been voted into Canton.  They have Von Miller, who leaps tall buildings at a single bound.  They have Jalen Ramsey, who last gave up a completion in junior high school.  They have Cooper Kupp, who wears a mask, has pointy ears, and sends out tweets over his personal bat phone.  They have OBJ, who once caught a pass with one hand back before he sucked balls with Cleveland.  And they have Matthew Stafford, who has won multiple Super Bowls.

Wait, scratch the last one.

But let's also remember, football is a TEAM GAME.  It takes more than star power to win a big game.  It takes a team, working together, believing in one another, creating something that is more than the sum of its parts.

I like this team.  And I like our chances.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:22 PM)kalibengal Wrote: howabout Trey and Sam to feast? Its very possible we flip the script with the all the disrespect flying around how AD (AKA Godzilla) is going to tear up our O line. 
Im seeing a HIGHLY MOTIVATED D ON SUNDAY COMIN AFTER STAFFORD

How great a story line would this be? That’s how this entire postseason has played out thus far. Let’s Go!
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 08:07 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Now wait a minute everyone.  The Rams have Aaron Donald, who has already been voted into Canton.  They have Von Miller, who leaps tall buildings at a single bound.  They have Jalen Ramsey, who last gave up a completion in junior high school.  They have Cooper Kupp, who wears a mask, has pointy ears, and sends out tweets over his personal bat phone.  They have OBJ, who once caught a pass with one hand back before he sucked balls with Cleveland.  And they have Matthew Stafford, who has won multiple Super Bowls.

But let's also remember, football is a TEAM GAME.  It takes more than star power to win a big game.  It takes a team, working together, believing in one another, creating something that is more than the sum of its parts.

They aren't a real team. Just a bunch of big egos thrown together and that's a recipe for disaster...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 08:07 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Now wait a minute everyone.  The Rams have Aaron Donald, who has already been voted into Canton.  They have Von Miller, who leaps tall buildings at a single bound.  They have Jalen Ramsey, who last gave up a completion in junior high school.  They have Cooper Kupp, who wears a mask, has pointy ears, and sends out tweets over his personal bat phone.  They have OBJ, who once caught a pass with one hand back before he sucked balls with Cleveland.  And they have Matthew Stafford, who has won multiple Super Bowls.

I like our chances too. MSM has forgot the spirit of team. They are too focused on individuals. Stafford isn't great by any means. OBJ is a diva and highly overrated. Kupp is a stud and he plays Bengals type football. So we need to watch out for him. However, for him to be good in this game, he needs to get the pass. Let's disrupt that process. I keep seeing the initials AD. Hoping he plays real AD type playoff football. But I'm sure we have a plan.

Now let's talk Ramsey. His trash talk is better than his game. Keep his ass out of your head, you beat him. He excels at trash talk. I know nothing about Von Miller.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The Rams had a 27-3 lead before winning the game 30-27.

I would slam their defense but it was all the offensive fumbles that made it happen.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think we have a great shot. People are expecting Donald and Von to feast, but I'm pretty sure the Titans game was the most pressure Burrow will see this year.

This game will be decided by other things. Turnovers. How our receivers fare against their corners. If we can slow Kupp.

I like our chances. We've done a great job slowing down key players like Derrick Henry, Tyreek Hill, Hunter Renfrow, etc.

the line stinks but part of what happened in tenn was on joe. he cant hold onto the ball like that against la or it's going to get real ugly real quick. we can win if they stay patient and take what's there and don't hold the ball forever waiting for a big play. and zac can't call runs on every 1st down either. he's been pretty conservative in the playoffs and depended on the d to bail him and the offense out. they need to be able to actually some td's in this game.
Reply/Quote