Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart
(12-17-2017, 10:48 PM)McC Wrote: The last two seasons say otherwise.  The last two games scream it.  He is a schmuck.

So the last two seasons erase an otherwise good run here in Cincinnati, where he completely turned around the worst franchise in the league? The man has not only performed well as HC, he has done a lot in the community as well.

Giving him the finger on the way out of town is uncalled for, and honestly kind of immature.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:45 PM)R3stangs Wrote: You're right, he turned the team around. The hate is because he's now turned them around again and we've essentially come full circtle. Kinda curious how a guy who pulled them out of the dark years has now seemingly led them right back.

Mike Brown
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 11:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll see what I can do, but no promises!

Good. I wouldn't believe them anyway.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 11:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mike Brown

Dont disagree but he was able to work with Brown to have mild success at one time. Thats why its kinda curious that this regression has happened the way it has.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 11:03 PM)Utts Wrote: They are far from the low point they reached before Marvin got here. They were so terrible that the NFL commish had to come to town, to tell the Bengals they were diluting the value of the entire league, because they were like a BYE week for opponents. It was everything too, from the performance on the field, to their training facilities and equipment, and even the garbage they were feeding players. Marvin was determined to modernize the franchise, and that’s exactly what he did.

Marvin deserves credit for helping give this team some respect back in 03-07. But it's 2017 now and we're still in the same place we were a decade ago.

I don't hate Marvin but I'm not holding him up on a pedestal either. It's time for a new direction and there's no teary goodbye due anymore. Had it happened 6 or 8 years ago ?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The first time in his 15 year career as a HC that he has lost to one of his assistants. 

Actually this makes at least a couple losses to former coordinators but who's counting. At least this will be the last.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 11:28 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Actually this makes at least a couple losses to former coordinators but who's counting. At least this will be the last.

Name them please. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 11:03 PM)Utts Wrote: They are far from the low point they reached before Marvin got here. They were so terrible that the NFL commish had to come to town, to tell the Bengals they were diluting the value of the entire league, because they were like a BYE week for opponents. It was everything too, from the performance on the field, to their training facilities and equipment, and even the garbage they were feeding players. Marvin was determined to modernize the franchise, and that’s exactly what he did.

That’s the Browns now. Bengals may be really bad, but they’re still not the Browns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:56 PM)car91 Wrote: Hey Marv. You just got your ass kicked by a former assistant. How does that feel? Did you even try?

Through good and bad seasons the one thing about Lewis' team (even when they were losing) is that they always seemed to compete and not mail it in.

The last 2 games .vs. Bears and now Viking have felt different too me - it did genuinely feel like a lack of heart and competitiveness.

....I have to believe that the news breaking before the game had a big impact on them mentally because they simply did not look ready for a NFL match
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:56 PM)car91 Wrote: Hey Marv. You just got your ass kicked by a former assistant. How does that feel? Did you even try?

The players have given up on the season too. I thought this thread was going to be about how they have no heart.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 06:57 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Through good and bad seasons the one thing about Lewis' team (even when they were losing) is that they always seemed to compete and not mail it in.

The last 2 games .vs. Bears and now Viking have felt different too me - it did genuinely feel like a lack of heart and competitiveness.

....I have to believe that the news breaking before the game had a big impact on them mentally because they simply did not look ready for a NFL match

Yeah...A LOT of the social media stuff you see from guys like Willie Anderson about the Bengals is positive...about how Lewis is a great leader and respected.

It's possible that losing him could initially be a big blow for the team mentally.
Reply/Quote