Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heartbreaking.. Lou has to be done, right?
(10-25-2020, 07:31 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Lou had the top 10 defense after the Ravens game per PFF. What happened?

I'm not defending Lou at all by asking that. Just wondering how we played such a solid game against the high powered Ravens and then shit the bed against the Colts and Browns? Is it all Lou? Is it injuries at DT and CB? Is Carlos bringing everyone down? All the above?

Yeah I am perplexed by it to as well. we also started both the Colts and Browns game playing good Defense as well . We were top 5 in QB rating, yards per attempt, and completion percentage coming into the Colts game. Yet now we can't stop anyone in the passing game?
My hypothesis is we're overreacting to the run game and it's killing our pass coverage in particular. Also losing Reader and Hubbard doesn't help and not playing Geno + Carlos is kinda of bizarre.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don’t pretend to have the answers. But I don’t believe Lou is part of the solution.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:08 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I wonder if the reason Brown doesn't give up control is due to lack of other investments. The Bengals is the only job his family has... not like he can spend time elsewhere he rather manage a football team. Which I understand but damn he sucks at it
This. I said the same thing a couple of weeks ago. This their only income, they won't give complete control to a HC, GM or player personnel exec.

As far as Lou's philosphy, it appears to me to be a stop the run bend but don't break thing.

Unfortunately, the players aren't taking to the "don't break" part...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I just woke up and Lou still has a job. You gotta be ***** kidding me!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I could see both Lou and Al golden being fired at bye week.

Isn't Golden coaching the LBs? I'd have to say, we've seen improvement this year across the board there. Pratt fell down on a TD, but they're not the liability they used to be. The d line is really struggling. I'd say it's time to cut ties with Anarumo for sure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:14 PM)samhain Wrote: It depends on what you believe the reason for our non-existent pass rush might be.  Is it Lou employing a passive, soft defensive gameplan as he absolutely did in Indy last week?  Is it the strong possibility that the pass rushers on this roster just aren't any good?  Both?  

I'm in the both camp, but a coach is charged with taking the players he has available and crafting something effective from it.  Lou was given the biggest Bengal free agency haul in the history of ever on his side of the ball.  Yes, many of these additions are hurt.  Even so, he still has 25 mil worth of veteran pass rushers that he's doing squat with.  

I think Lou has to be the sacrificial goat here.  He's not going to win with this bunch.  I don't know if anyone else is, but I'm convinced enough that he isn't.

Same, it's both. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 11:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: Isn't Golden coaching the LBs? I'd have to say, we've seen improvement this year across the board there. Pratt fell down on a TD, but they're not the liability they used to be. The d line is really struggling. I'd say it's time to cut ties with Anarumo for sure.

Golden is calling defense on 3rd downs in addition to LB coach
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:26 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Coaching is what wins games in the NFL. Just look at the Patriots. Players come and go, yet they are consistent. 

Ummmm, the Patriots are 2-4
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 08:38 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Ummmm, the Patriots are 2-4

Playing a first place schedule, with a ton of opt outs, and a Covid outbreak... They've still doubled the Bengals up. You kind of have a point, but still...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So......Teflon Lou is still employed!!!!!! WTF! Just don’t get this front office. Not a shocker but damn.
Reply/Quote