Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Heath Evans
Good Lord, does anyone watch the NFL network and listen to this guy when he predicts the season results?

Now, I don't have a problem with someone who has a strong opinion on things, but he constantly picks teams to beat the Bengals (in Cincy) where the Bengals have been very consistent over the past 5 years and then will turn around and pick the Ravens to beat the same team on the road.

He keeps going back to losing Hue Jackson and how tough that will be on the Bengals. I have to be honest, did anyone really see any difference in RESULTS when the OC was Gruden or Jackson? I didn't.

The bottom line is that this team is now a veteran team on offense and I can't see losing Hue being that big of a deal.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 08:01 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Good Lord, does anyone watch the NFL network and listen to this guy when he predicts the season results?

Now, I don't have a problem with someone who has a strong opinion on things, but he constantly picks teams to beat the Bengals (in Cincy) where the Bengals have been very consistent over the past 5 years and then will turn around and pick the Ravens to beat the same team on the road.

He keeps going back to losing Hue Jackson and how tough that will be on the Bengals.  I have to be honest, did anyone really see any difference in RESULTS when the OC was Gruden or Jackson?  I didn't.

The bottom line is that this team is now a veteran team on offense and I can't see losing Hue being that big of a deal.

Heath Evans is just a Bengals hater. He's hated on Dalton and the Bengals for years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Heath Evans is just another old retired NFL scrub trying to create ratings by making negative comments

Only way to shut up Heath and the rest of the country is to kick a$$ and take names........winning will attract the network band wagon flies
Reply/Quote
Heath Evans is an egg !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think Hue is an significant loss(super cereal about that) but I do think the Bengals can overcome it. With that being said the Bengals are a hated team by the media.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He picked the Bengals to go 7-9...with the only justification being they are due for a bad season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 11:44 PM)pally Wrote: He picked the Bengals to go 7-9...with the only justification being they are due for a bad season

You mean where a few of our key weapons get suspended for illegal drug use?  Maybe our QB rapes and pays off a few coeds?  

Oh, wait.  That isn't our team. 
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have been the whipping boy for the league for years.

They just haven't noticed, yet, that the whipping boy has been kicking their teeth in for the last five years.

Ultimately, if you want to shut them up, the only way is to win the SB

and this team can do it.

Its not going to be easy.

Time to get to work.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Who's the clown who hires these retired scrubs as broadcasters? A few ex-players are nice but Heath Evans? Like who the hell is Heath Evans? LOL

It'd be nice if they could hire regular guys to broadcast like they used to instead of just handing a career to any ex-player that needs a life after football.
Reply/Quote
I saw that on nfl network and thought the same thing. He had us losing to some bad teams Browns, Eagles, Bills, dolphins ect. Not saying we couldn't lose to those teams but his reasoning for us losing the games made no sense. We have a tough schedule I don't think were going 12-4 again but him giving us 7 wins is not realistic in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
Many "experts" predicted the Bengals missing the playoffs last year too and they ended up tied for the best record in the AFC.

So I don't put any stock into what others predict, just try and predict myself, and watch the season unfold.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Heath Evans is an absolute idiot. He was a subpar fullback when he played the game so now he is trying to make himself look like he is top notch analyst for the NFL Network just like Jamie Dukes is. I must be in the minority because I honestly do not see the loss of Hue Jackson as a major problem because Ken Zampese has been Andy's qb coach since he was drafted and knows him better than anyone and I think he will be just as good if not better than Jackson as OC. I also was tired of all of the gadget plays that Hue called all year because every game they cost us at least two timeouts a game that were not needed. Also I do not think they are going to miss Marvin Jones and Sanu either. At best Jones was a number 3 wr on this team and Sanu was a number 4 wr on this team because of AJ and Eifert. I think the team did well in replacing them with Tyler Boyd who looks like a legit rookie of the year candidate if he stays healthy and also with Brandon LaFell. I know a lot of people question LaFell but he was injured all of last season so I do not look at those stats. I am more focused on the stats from 2014 when he was healthy and was one of Tom Brady's key targets. Also I think Tyler Kroft is going to have a great 2nd year and I also believe that Jeremy Hill will bounce back to how he played as a rookie. I of course have not even mentioned Gio who is arguably one of the best all around backs in the NFL so this offense is just as good if not better than last year. We know how well the defense played and it is going to be even better this season with the addition of Karlos Dansby. We finally get a great linebacker that can cover tight ends. I'm sorry but there is no way this team goes 7-9 if they stay healthy. I will be surprised if they do not win between 11-12 and win the AFC North again and be in contention for home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
(08-02-2016, 08:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You mean where a few of our key weapons get suspended for illegal drug use?  Maybe our QB rapes and pays off a few coeds?  

Oh, wait.  That isn't our team. 

Ding ding ding ding!  We have a winner!  When the squeelers players are all in trouble, it's because the league office is out of touch with the American society and the commissioner is way off base.  When the Bengals are in trouble it's because they have no integrity, no leadership, no accountability and the organization is in disarray! Got to love the media.  No wonder we have a crook and a reality TV star running for president in this country!  It's what the media wants!
Reply/Quote
Heath Evans?

Never heard of her. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 11:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Many "experts" predicted the Bengals missing the playoffs last year too and they ended up tied for the best record in the AFC.

So I don't put any stock into what others predict, just try and predict myself, and watch the season unfold.

We were predicted to be a Super Bowl contender in 2010.

Since then:

2011: Possibly go 0-16
2012: Miss playoffs
2013: Miss playoffs
2014: Miss playoffs
2015: Miss playoffs

At this point, I welcome the doubt.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote