Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hell of a game today!
(09-27-2020, 07:04 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I was listening to an interview on the drive home and the guy asked him "You had Fred in in the first half, you took him out for Billy in the 2nd half. Was that because of injury or due to performance and where do you stand on that now" and his answer was something along the lines of "we're trying to get things to work and we're going to keep trying until it works." So I think he knows the Oline is a mess. I just don't know if it can be fixed this year. Unless Adeniji gets to play and is just inexplicably great :)

As for Burrow and OROY, I'm not convinced this team is 2-14 bad. I bet they can squeeze 4 or 5 wins out of this season at a minimum. We've been within 1 score in all three games, with 2 of the games basically lost because of silly nonsense (Chargers game we have a ticky tacky OPI call followed by a missed chip shot and against Philly, we allow two improbable TDs in the final seconds of both halves and screw up overtime on a ticky tacky holding call, not to mention the easy TD bouncing off Boyd's fingers against Cleveland).

This is nowhere near last year, where we were losing games by 20 points twice in the first four weeks. Our offense failed to crack 21 points in 12 of our 16 games, including 10 in our first 11 haha. We've surpassed it twice in three games already. We'll secure some wins soon :)

Who do we beat before our bye week?
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:02 PM)OUatown Wrote: Who do we beat before our bye week?

We could beat Jacksonville, Cleveland or Indy.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:03 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We could beat Jacksonville, Cleveland or Indy.

Lol, I hope you’re right, but if Jacksonville is smart they are gonna run it down our throat.. The rest not so much, but hey I’m happy you are somehow optimistic.
Reply/Quote
Jay Gruden will call the game of his life and show coach Doogie up big time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This was a horrible game. They are breaking Burrow already. You could see it in his face in the post game presser..
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:05 PM)OUatown Wrote: Lol, I hope you’re  right, but if Jacksonville is smart they are gonna run it down our throat.. The rest not so much, but hey I’m happy you are somehow optimistic.

To be clear, I'm not predicting we win any of those games necessarily. Just saying we have a realistic chance. It all really comes down to giving Burrow time. As the weeks go on, we will hopefully improve Oline play, whether that be through the added practice or replacing underperforming players, I don't know. But I think we can win.

But if we don't, I'm not going to be torn up about it. The key to this season is Joe's development and, to this point, he looks like a future star. So how can I be anything other than optimistic? Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: To be clear, I'm not predicting we win any of those games necessarily. Just saying we have a realistic chance. It all really comes down to giving Burrow time. As the weeks go on, we will hopefully improve Oline play, whether that be through the added practice or replacing underperforming players, I don't know. But I think we can win.

But if we don't, I'm not going to be torn up about it. The key to this season is Joe's development and, to this point, he looks like a future star. So how can I be anything other than optimistic? Big Grin

Mike brown is the owner, Zac Taylor is the HC, Lou is DC and who even knows who the oline coach is.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:07 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: IM NOT GIVING THIS TEAM ANY FN CREDIT UNTIL THEY CAN PROVE TO BE CONSISTENT. ESPECIALLY THE DEFENSE. OUR OFFENSIVE LINE IS SO BAD ITS INSANE.

WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS YELLING????
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:45 PM)Synric Wrote: Ties are the absolute worst.

I suppose...but I'd trade most of the L's we've been accumulating in the ZT era for ties.  Burrow getting a tie in the NFL before he gets a win is pretty interesting, I suppose.
Reply/Quote