Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hell of a run
Hell of a run, guys. Joey B will be back, your day will come. In the meantime, the division looks like it’ll run through Cincy
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thanks. Not too shabby for a team most picked for five or so wins. What a ride.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Good season Bengals
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:39 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Good season Bengals

U too ravens 
Reply/Quote
Thanks. Maybe I lack a competitive spirit,(since I don't actually contribute to the team) but to me everything after LV was gravy.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'm trying to figure out who will be the 2nd best team in the division next year. Bengals will obviously be favorites, but among the other 3? Your guess is as good as mine.

Browns regressed some and Baker looks like Andy Dalton at best.
Steelers lose Ben, and tbh I don't think he was the problem, even though that was the popular take.

If I'm a Ravens fan, I'm worried about Lamar in the long haul. I'm getting Kaepernick vibes off of him. As in, he came in hot, major dual threat, but his actual QB skills are looking more questionable as time goes on.

I'm picking Ravens among the 3, but nothing would surprise me.

To OP: Appreciate you. ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
At a glance, it should be between Cincy and Baltimore. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Ravens were 8-3 with a healthy RB8 last year, even with all the injuries they had. I would expect them to be a major challenge next year when he is healthy.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm trying to figure out who will be the 2nd best team in the division next year. Bengals will obviously be favorites, but among the other 3? Your guess is as good as mine.

Browns regressed some and Baker looks like Andy Dalton at best.
Steelers lose Ben, and tbh I don't think he was the problem, even though that was the popular take.

If I'm a Ravens fan, I'm worried about Lamar in the long haul. I'm getting Kaepernick vibes off of him. As in, he came in hot, major dual threat, but his actual QB skills are looking more questionable as time goes on.

I'm picking Ravens among the 3, but nothing would surprise me.

To OP: Appreciate you. ThumbsUp

I'm not especially optimistic, but we'll see how the draft/FA goes.  We almost never make a big FA signing, but I'd really like us getting a vet QB to hold the fort for whoever we draft in round one.  I think Tomlin has definitely tipped his hand and he is looking for a QB, we may even see the rare trade up by the Steelers, although it certainly didn't pan out the last time we did it.

As for Jackson, I'm of the same mind.  I see him regressing/DC's catching up to him.  He's an athletic freak, but I'm not seeing the growth/consistency from him that I'd want to see if I was a Ravens fan.

(02-17-2022, 07:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ravens were 8-3 with a healthy RB8 last year, even with all the injuries they had. I would expect them to be a major challenge next year when he is healthy.

Eh, I'm not so sure.  Jackson is just not a QB that scares me.  It could be partially due to the Steelers having his number a bit, but he just doesn't impress me overall.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 07:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Eh, I'm not so sure.  Jackson is just not a QB that scares me.  It could be partially due to the Steelers having his number a bit, but he just doesn't impress me overall.

Ditto that for how i feel about the Bengals. I think they have a team that can contain him better now and an offense that can score. 

Can't do anything about all the other teams they play though and i still can't figure out how they made it to 8-3 last year before collapsing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It was weird, because a lot of the teams the Bengals played in the playoffs mentioned how we play in a weak division. But to me, the AFCN is one of the strongest divisions. No really weak team in our division. Nothing along the lines of the Jags or Lions anyway. No free win games for anyone.

Steelers did make the playoffs, so can't count them out. If they get the right QB, they will compete.

Ravens are better than some of their showings last year. Played some tough teams well, outside of the Bengals. They will be healthier so I expect them to be better next season.

Bengals need to get their line fixed. Much harder schedule this year which could factor in. Not like the Bengals ran away with the division last year. I do think Burrow comes out much better to start the season this coming season than 2021, but won't mean much if they sit on their hands this offseason.

To me as of right now, the Bengals are the favorites, followed by Ravens. I put Steelers as 3rd favorite follow by Browns. Steelers just have better coaching and team management than Cleveland. Every game in the AFCN will be a dogfight per usual.
Reply/Quote
The 2022 AFC North order of finish will depend upon who the Steelers land at quarterback. If they sign Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers the division will be up for grabs.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Hell of a run, guys. Joey B will be back, your day will come. In the meantime, the division looks like it’ll run through Cincy

Thanks brother.

If we get Burrow some protection, I think the division, and the entire NFL, is in trouble for the five to ten years because he's special. 

Stopping Chase will be a tough job on its own and then throw in Boyd, Higgins, Mixon, and Uzo or whoever, and our offense is special.

Throw in guys like Bates, Bell, Wilson, etc., on defense, and I think we have something special.
Reply/Quote
The Stains are no joke. They were banged up badly everywhere and still competed. QB was duck-taped to keep his body parts together. They pounded us in game #1. They also had some toxic nonsense there too w the OBJ cancer.

They might make noise the AFCN in ‘22 IMHO.
Reply/Quote